Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
You probably just summed up exactly why div 2 should be cut in half next year. 16, 20 teams max.

Yes it should. You could also almost lobby that 12 teams could probably survive and thrive in D1. Though 10 is the "established" # for Premier and D1. Would make for a strong D1 Group:

Take the top 6 from each group. That tightens things up for sure.

I will post more in the D2 Thread.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Well DFC CELTIC got out of 2c and into the promotion round, but DMU from 2c was the best team in our group, not by a large margin but their overall team play was excellent. DFC is perhaps not the best representation of 2c, but a good veteran group that learned how to win thanks to 45 years of experience... :rolleyes:

Not to take anything away from DMU, cuz they are a very good team week in and week out, but we did outplay them in both our matches against them, and I'd say we played at 75%. We've played worse, and we've played better, but to say they're better than us, you would only be talking work ethic, not talent, which don't get me wrong, is very important. but to say they're better than us, I don't think so. There were 5 teams who could have taken the title in 2C... Hades, CC Arsenal, DMU, DFC, and LUFC... they are all very decent teams and PM Lions are strong as well... I think the best thing you can say about DMU is that they work hard all the time, and they play together... Something the Celtic lack is motivation to work hard all the time.... even in the cup game against Poco... we went in with a who cares attitude...
Personally, just going by the games I've seen outside our group, and the teams we've played inside 2C, 2C IS the toughest group. The others have 2 or 3 good teams, but we have 6.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Not to take anything away from DMU, cuz they are a very good team week in and week out, but we did outplay them in both our matches against them,.

GURU, You certainly have more players that have played a high level of soccer and along with that goes a tremendous amount of experience. Experience can win games, especially vs. younger teams (Just look at Arsenal and their struggles) . I meant no insult in my suggestion that they were the best team in 2c and it doesn't help that my opinion of DFC is biased (1st game was 6 months ago, and the 2nd was not accurate for judging performance). Like you said there are 3 or 4 teams that could have won 2c.

I also saw DMU in some cup play and they are well tuned.

Perhaps it's time for some crossover matches! lol.

On another note, I thought you guys didn't want to be promoted? If you succeed, any changes in mind? Anyhow goodluck.

2c Supporter.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points and good banter, but how is this related to the Knights Cup you fcuking plumbers?

On topic please. Thank you.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
I meant no insult in my suggestion that they were the best team in 2c and it doesn't help that my opinion of DFC is biased (1st game was 6 months ago, and the 2nd was not accurate for judging performance). Like you said there are 3 or 4 teams that could have won 2c.

I also saw DMU in some cup play and they are well tuned.

Perhaps it's time for some crossover matches! lol.

On another note, I thought you guys didn't want to be promoted? If you succeed, any changes in mind? Anyhow goodluck.

2c Supporter.

I said 5 teams, but who's counting.... possibly 6 with PM Lions... I took no offence to it, I was just relating my opinion. I think by the tie and win against them, and us outplaying them in both, I think the title to us was deserved. I also think the first game against your team was ours for the taking. We had SEVERAL oppertunities to win that, but we went in all cocky and care-less. we carried most of the play, and toyed with the ball when we should have been more serious. It was like that in most games for us. I was in net on that one, and I can't remember having to make many saves, and certainly no great saves. At the other end your keeper had to make several saves, and I think we rang the bar about 4 or 5 times... missed a sitter from inside the 6, should have had at least one PK for a brutal tackle inside the area, but a non call by that 92 year old string bean ref... also, the last game against you wasn't any indication of your club at all....
Anywho, like I said to our guys before that game, I thought your team was the best last year, but no one listened... I get no respect I tell ya...

I might be at the cup final (Happy now Robbiepoo)

We had no intention of going up, but we wanted to play the cup rounds.... now everyones talking about going up, so we'll wait and see now

Go 2C DMU .... is that enough cup banter now? ? ?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Good points and good banter, but how is this related to the Knights Cup you fcuking plumbers?

Listen MODERATOR, the talk this time of year is rather slim to begin with, I suppose you'd have us post 5 word posts in 9 different forums (as opposed to 45 words in one). Be thankful for us violators, we post often and our inability to post on topic allows you to have that special olympic title beside your name.

For your benefit, I will highlight the ON topic portion of my post.

2C TO WIN THE CUP

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post in the right threads and I'd be happy. It isn't that hard. For most anyway.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:

Plumbers?!?!?!?! See... this is what I'm on about ! ! ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh ya....... Knights cup rules

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Post in the right threads and I'd be happy. It isn't that hard. For most anyway.

OFFTOPIC

Speaking of moderating, someone needs to moderate the length of some PEOPLES signatures. The ratio of post length to signature should at least be 3 to 1. :wa:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to all you guys out there for the faith in our team. We are coming in to the cup final confident but not cocky. ND Titans proved last year they can overcome the odds and beat the better team. Not to say that we are better because I have not played against them in 2 years. I did see a bit of their match against the Coachmen and I will say I saw a team that looked a lot like us. Some skill missing in some places, but the ability to play together and work hard. We went down 2-1 to Trinity but battled back to a 3-2 finish. To do that against a team that worked extremely hard with great shape and determination we feel thats its only ours to lose come Sunday. It should be a great match but I get a sense from the boys that they really want the win.

As far as DFC celtic goes and the 2C battle, the standings probably worked out the way they should have. Celtic deserved the 1st place and the rest of the teams fell in to place. The only team I thought underachieved was CC Arsenal. Look out for them in the years to come. From what I have seen from the other div 2 sides, there is no doubt that C was the best group. A and B have a couple strong teams but the rest really are not that great. We played POCO 2B in cup and were not impressed by them and we have played several friendlys against the Royals 2A and they are nothing to worry about. All in all there is more skill in the top 6 in C than there is throughout the others. You can argue it all you want and I really dont care what others say but I have seen 1st hand enough teams now to really know.

The only thing I will say to Guru and the Celtic boys is ya you did out play us and yes there are times when you guys dont really care. But the bottom line is there comes a point when talent will overcome work ethic and it just seems that your we dont care attitude is getting a little worn out. If you guys are realy a lot better than you lead on I would have to say you would have had some stronger results through the season. Your team has some great skill but I havent ever seen your side play effortlessly against us. If you guys have that much more to offer I would love to see it. Not calling you liars or nothing I just think the coulda woulda shoulda we dont care attitude is a little old. Good luck again in the playoffs and congrats again on your season. Cant see you guys losing in the playoff.

Final note. Although several of our players will be moving to the Highlanders next year including myself, I for one will be pushing the league to slim down div 2. Its to wattered down and no 1st place team should ever have to prove themselves in a playoff to win promotion. You win your group, you have already proved yourselves. 2 groups of 10 teams would be great. The rest can all go down to div 3.

Hope we can bring 2C the cup.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
... Your team has some great skill but I havent ever seen your side play effortlessly against us. If you guys have that much more to offer I would love to see it. Not calling you liars or nothing I just think the coulda woulda shoulda we dont care attitude is a little old.
Hope we can bring 2C the cup.

I agree 100% with you on all counts... and I get sick of writing it so that will be the last of "....the coulda woulda shoulda we dont care attitude is a little old. " I think the best way to sum up our team is, unless a team pisses us off, we play to the level needed to win, and that's it... That Alderditch undecided team made me drive home to get our pinnies to cover the green and white hoops.... they were white, with Forest green shoulders.... ours was easily decipherable from thier kit.... we have white shorts and socks, they have black... no need to change, but they made us, so we all got pissed and popped 2 early then sat back and had some fun.... I think I only had to make 2 saves the whole game, and their goal came in extra time, when our backliner had had enough of thier dirty little 21 punching and elbowing people from behind, so he took a stupid run at the little twirp and missed... nesxt time he won't miss, and that twirp better keep his head up the whole time if we play him again...

and of course, we will be onside with DMU Good luck, and kick some tightened ass !! :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I agree 100% with you on all counts... and I get sick of writing it so that will be the last of "....the coulda woulda shoulda we dont care attitude is a little old. " I think the best way to sum up our team is, unless a team pisses us off, we play to the level needed to win, and that's it... That Alderditch undecided team made me drive home to get our pinnies to cover the green and white hoops.... they were white, with Forest green shoulders.... ours was easily decipherable from thier kit.... we have white shorts and socks, they have black... no need to change, but they made us, so we all got pissed and popped 2 early then sat back and had some fun.... I think I only had to make 2 saves the whole game, and their goal came in extra time, when our backliner had had enough of thier dirty little 21 punching and elbowing people from behind, so he took a stupid run at the little twirp and missed... nesxt time he won't miss, and that twirp better keep his head up the whole time if we play him again...

and of course, we will be onside with DMU Good luck, and kick some tightened ass !! :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Nothing clashes with the sacred hoops. Glad you beat those guys. Everyone has been ranting and raving about them so its nice to see you put them down. Keep it coming Celtic. 2 C to win the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK first I played in 2a and 2c (signed with a Div3 team with GEU) and 2a is better I would put money on my team or Whiterock finishing higher in 2c then we did in 2a

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
OK first I played in 2a and 2c (signed with a Div3 team with GEU) and 2a is better I would put money on my team or Whiterock finishing higher in 2c then we did in 2a

You got to be fcukin kidding me KH ! If the Royals call the rams garbage, you cant be any good. I watched White Rock play TWU and they were shite. They have been in the basement for years now. We also played NC United, they were also garbage. Give your head a shake.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hec - why you gotta keep bringing us into it - if you want to join us just say :D

Who cares which Div 2 section is strongest, its Div 2 regardless.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ScotKop said:
Who cares which Div 2 section is strongest, its Div 2 regardless.

That's what the Premier players say about Div 1..... and what the Van. Metro Premier says about the Valley Premier.... and what the Whitecaps say about the Metro Premier.... And the MSL says about the Caps.... and what the 3rd division player in Europe say about Blah Blah Blah .....

It's not what division you're in, it's whether you've got your head on straight about who you are.... if you're bashing some lower division, you're a putz.... plain and simple... I'd rather play in 3rd division with a bunch of great guys, than play in Premier with jerks that think they're soccer gods!!! I've been there, it's not so great. The team we have now in second are much better people...

"Now can't we lay all this my team is better than yours cuz we're in Div 1" crap to rest! Piss on teams in your own div...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Haven't you been wrong enough in your life? :confused:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:

I would take that bet.....speaking of bullshit....wolves had more points I believe then you guys and 4 teams below you....not to mention div 2b but who cares..... the Stacked div2 squad will be a tough team to handle next year......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0