Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
there are quality players on every squad just sometimes without the supporting staff to make there team good enough to compete

So which one are you? The quality player with no support or the not so good support of the quality players?

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
So which one are you? The quality player with no support or the not so good support of the quality players?

What I was pretty much saying was some teams don't have that supporting staff... I believe my team is all around very good and we would be much higher in the standings if LUFC and PM Gunners were not in our division... Besides come out and watch a game I like to let my play do the talking...

Cantuzzi

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's funny because North Delta Nationals say the same thing. They would be doing better if Celtic, Delta, Langley, Port Moody, Coquitlam weren't in their group.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
That's funny because North Delta Nationals say the same thing. They would be doing better if Celtic, Delta, Langley, Port Moody, Coquitlam weren't in their group.

Could any of them besides mabey celtic play div1 or have preimier players playing on the team? I relize its a shot at the ND Nationals not quite sure what kinda of team they are but with all the smack they talk I sure they deserve whatever anyone says about them!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the standings, I'm looking at these teams to go far in cup play this season....

2A
1) Gunners - I think they'll take LUFC in their round 2 match and move on with ease after that.

2) Aldergrove - they gave the gunners a run for their money scoring 4 of the gunners 10 GA they have on them.

Potential upset team: Titans - they've had a couple shitty outtings lately (much like the royals), but i think they have huge potential if they come out to play (again much like the royals). they've also got the experience being last years cup winner.

2B
1)Poco United - looking solid after only 8 GP, I'd look to see these guys in the quarters at least.

2)Aldergrove Undivided - top of the table with only 1 loss after 11. looks like they can score, I would take the gunners over these guys though if i had to choose.

Potential Upset: Columbia Bearcats - these guys might be old, but I think they still have some wares they want to add to their trophy cabinet.

2C
1)Dewdney FC Celtic - they can score and they've got a solid defense. But again I'd take the gunners over these guys.

2)DMU - not as offensively minded at the celtic, but they can put it in when it counts and keep the ball out of the net on their end.

Potential Upset: Hades - if it's the same group of guys from when we played then in div3, I know these guys can turn up the heat and play at a top level.

I'll go out on a limb right now and say I expect to see the Gunners in the final. As for the other team, who knows, depends on the matchups.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
1st...I don't play on the Rams and 19 against we be alright

2nd...being a fan at the game, your team got a run for their money, first goal was out of play but Medford was to far up the field to see it....shouldn't of coun't..

3rd...you guys wore mittens.....and celebrate like you won the world cup, their was hugging, grabbing, lots of awkward man touching :confused:

4th Rams outworked you guys and were unlucky not to win this game

5th great strike from your defender to score the only countable goal, great hit! don't think that guy was wearing mittens!

6th Still wondering how you guys are unbeaten....really wasn't impressed that much, all your talk on here I thought I was going to watch Chelsea United play!

I predict Gunners to lose in the second round to Langley and the Rams to go further!

Wow share the crack pipe with me Franchise :eek: to make a run in the cup we have to get past the Coyotes.....ok we have to get past Tsawwassen...shite :( damn the cup draw

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
We play a different brand of soccer over here aswell... My buddy is from England and has family comes out every year and they watch our soccer games- they tell us all the time there is way to much running in canadian soccer not enough control... but thats the way we are taught as kids - kick and run - I don't believe we have enough quality coaches in youth just parents that "watch" alot of soccer... this being said by lumping all of Div2 and 3 players together saying everyone is sh*t I think is a bit much... there are quality players on every squad just sometimes without the supporting staff to make there team good enough to compete...

Cantuzzi #10

Good point. Game here is very diff from the way its played over seas. But to say all Div 2 and 3 players suck...... speak for yourself.
There are some good ball players spread out through div 2. However div 3 is pretty crappy for the most part. We have been in the same group as Celtic for the past 3 years and I think they would agree. A lot of players would rather play for fun or with their friends or not as serious or whatever. Take Celtic, this seems to be their mind set. Group of talented boys that have fun, obviously drink lots of beer and do well. To say that unless your playing div 1 or up you suck, is ridiculous.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again... misunderstood.

My comments RE Div 2 are exaggerated to prove a point.

Players bitch and moan on this website about the cups we play for and the provincials, (which is just a fancy word for tournament), and it pisses me off. These are the same fcukers who would bitch, and did for years, when we ALL played for the Pak.

"Give us other tournaments, how can a Div 2 team win the Pak." (quoted anonymous whiner)

Now we have 4 cups to play for... LIVE WITH IT.

Next, Tournaments don't mean anything... Have you ever won one. Ask the Titans or any other cup winner... It feels good to win, doesn't really matter what name is on the trophy.

Disclaimer: Except the Pak. which is the grand daddy, that name REALLY matters.

Careful what you wish for, you may just get it.............

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
Could any of them besides mabey celtic play div1 or have preimier players playing on the team? I relize its a shot at the ND Nationals not quite sure what kinda of team they are but with all the smack they talk I sure they deserve whatever anyone says about them!

ND Nationals was one of the two I was taking a shot at, I'll let you figure out the other on your own but I'll give you a hint. If you are sitting in a room by yourself that person is there with you.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
ND Nationals was one of the two I was taking a shot at, I'll let you figure out the other on your own but I'll give you a hint. If you are sitting in a room by yourself that person is there with you.

Wow... very clever... I don't know you but judging by the name you are probaly a very classy individual form surrey or delta or something... and thank you for clearing up your insult not only does that make you look smrt but makes you burn look so much better...
good night now

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:

First, we've beat 3 of the five teams you named...way to TTP :rolleyes:

Next, this one's even worse than the first, WTF are you talking about...Are you simple or slow. Perhapse both.

Starting to think you couldn't get a good burn going with a prick full of boils and a steptic(sp) pencil.

Ouch...Now that REALLY hurts

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I just use the name as gauge to see who is trying to take the piss out of me. So far the two of you and sid are on the same page so you guys are in good company. Cantuzzi sorry for pointing out the obvious but I thought the piss take was lost on you, much the same way as Burnaby is my location not Surrey or Delta. I do appreciate the qualities of the girls from that side of the river though.
Backline 16 I put the teams I felt were better than you guys and should finish ahead of you at the end of the year, prove me wrong. If nothing else you guys should be motivated to play us by now so I am looking forward to beating you a second time.

ineverrealizedmyarmreachedthatfardownmybackimaginethepossibilities

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Backline 16 I put the teams I felt were better than you guys and should finish ahead of you at the end of the year, prove me wrong. If nothing else you guys should be motivated to play us by now so I am looking forward to beating you a second time.

Okay... So we finish sixth by your expert opinion. We'll see. As for being motivated to beat you guys, I never carry anything off this website onto the pitch. I am motivated by the fact you beat us earlier and your at the top of the table, that's all. The only thing I will add is that with all the games missed due to poor weather, Celtic Vs. Nationals will definately mean something in the standings when we play.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
2B
Potential Upset: Columbia Bearcats - these guys might be old, but I think they still have some wares they want to add to their trophy cabinet.

If the Bearcats are old, that must mean you're pretty wet behind the ears and our team is made up of a bunch of fossils! :eek: Those guys are all pretty young if they're the same group as last year. Wondering if you're mixing them up with the Clones, the only team in Div 2 to give us a decent wheelchair race for the bottle of Geritol... :p

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
Looking at the standings, I'm looking at these teams to go far in cup play this season....

2A
1) Gunners - I think they'll take LUFC in their round 2 match and move on with ease after that.

2) Aldergrove - they gave the gunners a run for their money scoring 4 of the gunners 10 GA they have on them.

Potential upset team: Titans - they've had a couple shitty outtings lately (much like the royals), but i think they have huge potential if they come out to play (again much like the royals). they've also got the experience being last years cup winner.

2B
1)Poco United - looking solid after only 8 GP, I'd look to see these guys in the quarters at least.

2)Aldergrove Undivided - top of the table with only 1 loss after 11. looks like they can score, I would take the gunners over these guys though if i had to choose.

2C
1)Dewdney FC Celtic - they can score and they've got a solid defense. But again I'd take the gunners over these guys.

2)DMU - not as offensively minded at the celtic, but they can put it in when it counts and keep the ball out of the net on their end.

Potential Upset: Hades - if it's the same group of guys from when we played then in div3, I know these guys can turn up the heat and play at a top level.

I'll go out on a limb right now and say I expect to see the Gunners in the final. As for the other team, who knows, depends on the matchups.

what the ****? how about some div3 teams making some noise in the cup. here's a prediction for you: more div3 teams will win first round games than div2 teams! chew on that! :eek:

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
if you guys did not that would be fairly tragic as you already have 6 games in which a div 3 team will advance, all you would have to do is win 4 of the remaining 13 games. so why dont you chew on yourself.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
if you guys did not that would be fairly tragic as you already have 6 games in which a div 3 team will advance, all you would have to do is win 4 of the remaining 13 games. so why dont you chew on yourself.

hey einstein, thanks for pointing out something i already realized. sorry for trying to make a joke on here. all i'm saying is don't count out the div 3 teams in the cup this year, could be a few contenders in the cellar. and i could see five or six out of eleven div3 teams beating div2 teams in the first round. and i predict that if we don't win it'll be because of the weather :p

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I would bring this thread back in to view as a lot of teams start their Knights Cup play this weekend.

Tigers don't. We have our customary first round draw generally given to past winners. ;) Or weiners. Whatever.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
generally given to past winners. ;) Or weiners. Whatever.

Yeah, well instead of a free pass we play The Surrey Storm from Division 3b at North Surrey high school.

Anyone know anything about that field?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0