Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
Okay... So we finish sixth by your expert opinion. We'll see. As for being motivated to beat you guys, I never carry anything off this website onto the pitch. I am motivated by the fact you beat us earlier and your at the top of the table, that's all. The only thing I will add is that with all the games missed due to poor weather, Celtic Vs. Nationals will definately mean something in the standings when we play.
Off topic
I guess it was an expert opinion after all. The teams I picked were Celtic, Delta, Langley, Port Moody and Coquitlam. I missed North Coquitlam but I still think Coquitlam are better than you since they beat you twice. I guess that means you were lucky to end up where you are.
On topic
Good luck in the cup. You guys are still in the cup aren't you? I forgot to check.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Big Playoff game this weekend Wolves verus Langley.

Good luck this weekend Suburbanator

Thanks.

LUFC DYNAMO 4 - WOLVES 1

I thought we'd be rusty after a two weeks off practice and not playing last Sunday but we helf up just fine despite some last minute jersey trouble.

I flew back into town late Sat. Night and didn't have time to get our second set of kit ready. My guys FAILED to bring enough of our other 2 sets of uni's to complete a set and as a result I had 5 guys that could not start till the 2nd half while they waited for jerseys to arrive.

For a team that has 4 sets of Jerseys available, pretty bush league coaching ;)

Anyhow game was pretty one sided, GEU didn't seem to have the work ethic that they have had vs. us in the past. Their keeper made some saves early to keep it close. #7 and their other striker play solid games but were always attacking one or two guys at a time. Nice low shot for their lone goal, beating our keeper who otherwise did nothing but take away a corner kick.

Whos next round? The FVSL has not updated the website.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City 3, 5 Corners 0. 5 Corners with only 9 to start. 3-0 after about 25 minutes, the rest of the game was kind of uneventful. 5 Corners never quit and kept attacking all game, only so much they could do being so short.
Next vs DFC. Probably a stupid Saturday game.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC Coachmen 2-1 over Columbia Bearcats PK's

Game went back and forth. Young, fast team but lacks experience and finish. We hit two posts and they had their fair of chances.

They had one skillful player with tape on his ears and he was about 20 years old give or take a few. He made a comment that he was too good for the game and it made me think: When I was 20 years old I didn't play in Div. 2 FVSL so if he was such a good player why would he. Foo foo magoo.

A win is a win and we'll keep pressing.

JTL

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro United 2
Port Moody Lions 1 PK's

Both teams showed very well. Moody went up 1 nil with about 10 mins left in game. Delta equalized with 7mins left. PK's, Delta Went 4 for 4. Moody hit one post and Delta keeper saved another. Great spirited game from both teams.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NC United 1 - 0 Tigers

I'm not sure if they won this game or if we lost it. We didn't wake up until the 70th minute. Down one. From there on it was all us. Their goalie was decent though and preserved the win.

Too bad.

Two games left to go and that's it. :(

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rob, what can we expect from NC United. Dont know nothing about them and it looks like we play them next round.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 0-0 Arsenal (Titans win shoot-out 4-3)

What an ugly game on our part. We came out flat and stayed there for most of the way. Our keep kept us in the game despite me doing my best to change that. They had all of the play as we seemed very lacklustre and uninterested. We luckily held off and got to pk's where we converted all but one. On to the next round

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub,

Well done on the win this weekend; keep the boys rolling so that LUFC can have a representative in the Championship game!

On our Friday game, I wasn't there- took the opportunity to go skiing, and rest some nagging soccer related injuries that have been popping up. In fact, from what Utah told me at 3:00 AM Saturday morning (you're welcome for the late night phone call from Whistler buddy- Buffalo Bills was money...a few too many dangerous cougar attacks though), we had about 4 other key starters either resting with similar problems or sitting on yellows / reds as well. Since we're not focused on the Cup this season, the weekend actually turned out to be opportunistic for us.

Utah reported that despite missing key players, the guys off the bench did very well, and the game was very competitive both ways. Great to hear, because I think collectively we suffered an inferiority complex after the Gunners handed us our asses a few weeks back. At the time, we knew we got sucked into their game, rather than playing ours, which involves possessing the play, moving the bal quickly amongst ourselves, and winning the 50/50 balls. We're not going to outrun a bunch of 21 year old studs, but I suppose the last time we were believing a little too much in our "press clippings" here on TTP. Sounds like we got back to basics.

I guess Hammy was able to steal his team a win with a couple of saves in pennos. That's the funny thing about going to spotters...it's as much about luck, sometimes, as it is about the steel of the individual. The Garden Gnome, from what I heard, also stopped one, so in a 5 & 5, that's all you can ask of a keeper. From what I hear the PK were all well taken, so that's that.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose was pretty accurate with his submission. We came out really flat and were lucky to escape the first half at 0-0. Played better in the second half and their goalie made two huge saves to keep it 0-0. They rang one off my right buddy(post) with 5 to go. Stopped the first and Last shot for the win. They played well and were unlucky to not win...we battled hard in the second half and it turned into a back and forth end to ende. A fun game to play in and glad to get the win.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude,
Gunners were a bit short staffed as well. Cards caught up with dutch, and we had a couple injuries. Hammy would like to take credit for the pks i bet, but thats hard to do from Montreal...

He'll be back for the next cup game which im guesing is against Aldergrove Undivided.. anyone know anything about them, or 2B in general?

Off topic, good luck next week against Twa, you guys might have a few gunners there rooting against you :D

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey dutch,

aldergrove is a solid team from what i remember from last year, we played them in the semi's and beat them 1-0. a very strong team in the air and they have a bald striker who, if he turns with the ball, is very dangerous, very quick and very strong. the goalie is solid but has a hard time judging balls in the air. just play your game and you guys will be solid

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Cannuckboy how many beers do you want to bet on our game. I'm in for a 24. Its a great chance to get your beers back.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How bout just a case. Since you guys thrashed us last time we met, I'm not quite as optomistic as you seem to be.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if I am that optomistic but I sure am thirsty and we seem to play better when there is beer on the line. So a case will have to do and make sure it's Canadians.

Btw please don't do what walls did and make our guys go to a pub to collect our beer. That is just not classy.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
almost as classy as bitching about 10 yards on a free kick with 5 minutes left in a 6-1 game.:rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't remember bitching but I'm sure if there was five minutes left in the game we probably felt it was easier to flap our gums than move our feet. Some people call it lazy play but I prefer to call it smart time wasting.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0