Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarassing game if you were a Highlander. Terrible excuse for defending on Friday.

I honestly was disappointed with the Razorbacks. I figured they would be better than last years team and I don't think they are. Ranger was right in saying they played there system to perfection. Pretty simple plan and it killed us. Kick it hard and far to their fast as hell forwards and see what happens. They could actually play without any midfielders as they never see the ball. If they can execute that plan all year they will be a force. Their keeper played well and made some good saves when he needed to also their sweeper also did well cleaning up what his defenders missed. I think you take away the goalie and they would be in big trouble.

Though I am bitter I have to say they deserved the win as they did what they had to do to win. Maybe we can start learning from that.

Hopefully we get a little help from some other teams. :(

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa

We didn't say our team was much diffrent from last season! Also we don't normally play that kick & run style but you guys made it so easy ! We took advantage of it ! You play so flat at the back it's easy for are forwards to blow by your defenders .:D :D :D

Cheer up Balsa things will turn around!

Cheers
Rex

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 Hotspurs 1

The hotspurs came to play today, we had a few great chances early and then they end up scoring the first goal on a nice passing play. Crazy game with the "Storm" force winds swirling around the pitch...I got to say that we could easily have lost this game or it have been a tie if it wasn't for some clutch finshing in the second half. I think we took them lightely which obviously you can't do in this league. This goes to show that anyone can win on "any given sunday." Well done poco....yes we'll take the 3 points the ugly way...

Idontthinkthestormwillbetakinganyonelightelyagain!

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Metro Sporting 2 - Poco City United 1

What can I say...another OG costs Poco points again. Good game overall with United having more chances but not finishing dinner when it was needed. At times, United knocked the ball around well. At other times, it was a launch and run fest! Once the boys woke up and played the system that they were instructed to play, United did well, but broke down in the final third of the field. The defensive woes continue...

The injuries sure hurt us today. BTW...big G had to have surgery to reattach his achilles on Friday. Ouch!!! :( With all the injuries, a suspension this week, and two midfielders unable to play it was a 12-man show, which didn't help matters much.

The big man up front kept getting hacked down and finally lost, throwing a punch which (little man, big attitude) Mike, the ref, saw. Thweet! Red card!!! :knvb: That'll hurt us next week against the Raiders and possibly longer depending on the league ruling.

Kudos to Sporting for their work. Poco's got a big gut check the next couple of weeks. Gotta get some points from Raiders, Highlanders, and LUFC -- no small feat in this wide open league.

Will the misery ever end...? :confused:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richie, Richie, Richie !!!!!!!!!!!!

Another well fought battle with the good old langley boys,saw the
one man gang Rangers come out on top.
One word, Pasqua.
Richie with all three including two of them that were simply highlight material.Two crackers from about 25 to 30 yards with his new found left foot.
Langley took the lead in the early second half and pushed us very hard all game long.
Nice new field boys, thumbs up all around.
One question, when will you guys get a propper changeroom with showers?
The Rob was doing his best to dish out some pain,but simply couldn't come through with the goods.

cheers.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 3-2 over Langley United

Great game though the weather sucked!

We must have brought the Rangers good luck as they scored all 3 goals right after we got there! ;)
Whatta crack by #4 on the Rangers from waaaayyyyy outside the 18 yard box right into the top left corner! Beauty!

Game should have ended at 3-1 but Juice made the game a little more competitive by passing the ball in front of the net directly to a LU player who took the oppotunity & scored! :eek: :D (sorry Juice, couldn't resist....... I call 'em like I see 'em!) ;)

But overall the Rangers deserved to win that one!

TR, didn't see you out there??

:D Spazz

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz

Yes, Fav was acting like Father Christmas out there eh?
"Hmmm, this 3-1 score's a little boring".
"Here, let's spice it up a bit, on your way sonno".
"3-2: Much better now."
:D

Didn't you see "The Flick"?
Not "The Move", but "The Flick".
TR's shot at fame was made via the "The flick" in the first half.
You must have missed it.
Unlucky.
Both to you and TheRob. :D

TR had to bolt thereafter to go to a Wedding.
Sounded like a load of fun. :rolleyes: ;)

Well done Richie.
Well done Langley actually.

RF

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger speaks the truth.

I was the one that hit the bar off of the corner about halfway through the first. That's about all I did though. Well, that and chase around Ranger fullbacks all half. That was real fun.

The wind definitely hurt us on Sunday. We have adopted the kick and runs style that our Premier team employs with much success. In the wind, that is a very hard style to play. It usually works against old hacks though. Not last weekend.

On to Dewdney on Saturday. TheRob's only home game this year. Hopefully it won't be too windy. You can't kick it high and really far when it's windy.

The wedding was fun on Saturday. Thanks for asking RF. Great food. Great people. Free Corona's and Heinekins. It was like a dream.

Number 18 in your program, number 1 in Spazz's heart,

TheRob

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers from scotland

Well as i sit here in edinburgh sipping on a wobbly pop i hope that coach millhouse ran the boys in training last nite. There was a team training outside by the flat i am staying at so i was going to join them for a run then i thought i don't even train back home what the hell am i thinking so i grabbed a wobbly and watched. Good luck to the boys on the weekend get a win we need to get back on track.And cheers to rangerforever still looking for ally to send my best for ya.;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think so TR?

And which sideline were we standing on......?? :eek: :p
....... but then again the person we went to watch didn't do a helluva lot so..... ;) (you know who you are!)

And sorry TR, not only did you miss that shot but so did we..... we got there at the 2nd half! :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gnu

Edinburgh eh?
Posh...

Training?
My God man.
The last I saw of you was Friday night with your calf (and your ego ;)) well bruised.
Take it easy son. :p

You must check out a place Oor Hibee likes to frequent when in Edinburgh.
I can't remember the name though.
Oh right, Easter Road.
Never heard of it, but Oor Hibee says its quite nice, so give us an update. :D

TR:
By the way, the wedding you went to was Sunday, not Saturday.
I guess that accidental-header-after-the-ball-smashing-your-skull you call a "flick" did more damage than originally thought.

Unlucky again.

:bronco:

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers from edinburgh

yes the calf is still sore the flight here didn't help being in cramped seats.But it is getting lots of stretching by all the site seeing we are doing.

Rangerforever heading down to the pub across from easter road on saturday at noon, then on to the match against livingston ,then off to the pub in the stadium for the season ticket holders followed with a night in the town.

good luck to everyone this weekend especially the highlanders we need to lite it up this weekend.

cheers for now heading up the road

:knvb:

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob !

Who the hell is DU (Delta United) WRONG !! It's DFC!
Also I am waiting for your coach to call us back to see if they have a field to play on .

Cheers
Rex

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our Game is cancelled!

Just talked to the LUFC coach our game is cancelled for Sat.
DFC vs LUFC.

Cheers

Rex

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders vs Fury

Does anybody know if the Highlanders vs Fury played today on the Port Moody turf & what the score was ?

Cheers
Rex:)

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Game This Weekend !

Rangers vs Razorbacks
It's going to be a tough game for us this weekend.

Cheers
Rex:)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2 PM Fury 0

That turf field I understand is older than the majority of the other FV turf fields and it shows.

Referee did a great job I thought.

Not a pretty game. McGill scored on a header off a corner in the 1st half and finished a legitimate PK in the 2nd half.

Both teams had chances to score...crossbars, good saves by the keepers...

The Highlanders stayed around afterwards to watch the MF intersquad at 8pm. Two words for MF...Atkins Diet.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0