Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, it was an elbow so I guess this explains why you were not playing.......I happen to know a great eye doc.

The the eye doc at least have any cool bendy pens for me?

Stillwaitingformybendypen.$35.00chequeinthemailfor your2minutes.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Save it

Dude,
The the eye doc at least have any cool bendy pens for me?
Feeling a little slow today? How is the short bus treatin ya?;)

STILLNOBENDYPENSBUTWHENIDOGETTHEMYOUWILLBETHEFIRST TORECEIVEONE

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm captain/sweeper of the Port Moody Fury and my friend told me about this forum last night and said that their was some talk going on about our game last weekend against the rangers so obviously I was very interested to come on and see what everyone had to say about the game heh. I'd like to thank "Coach" for the kind comments about the game. It was a very well played game by both sides and wasn't as dirty as the 3 red cards would display. It was basically just a melee out of frustration and wasn't anything that warrants anything more than the minimum 1 game suspensions for each of the players involved.

I'm sure some of you are probably wondering who we are because we are new to Div 1 this year and have had a name change...just a little background...we came out of U-21 3 years ago and have been promoted all 3 years and now are in Div 1. We had the best offense in FVSL by more than 10 goals with over 70 goals in 2 of those years. We were called Poco Fury up until this year but had to move clubs because their already is a Poco Premier squad and our goal is to be a premier team eventually so we decided on making a Port Moody club that has a div 2 squad as well as a U-21 team and its working real good as a 3 team club.

Obviously our start to the season has been very dissapointing as we havent lost more than 2 games in a season since joining FVSL and weren't expecting this much adversity this year but we've put a couple wins together here and obviously have high confidence after our last game against the rangers and we're looking forward to the second half of the year playing each team again.

Brandon

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golly gee wiz Wally, that's swell.

;)

Originally posted by Rangerforever
I was totally impressed with the Fury.

What?
Coach?
I don't fcuking rate too?
What an insult....:mad:

:rolleyes:

Well BrandonSampson, we all need to know, are you the kid with the Beckham-like Pink/Purple lid job?
I remember shagging a chick who looked just like you in the 80s.
Punk rock chick - she was awesome.
You would have been about.....one probably.
It was 1983.

:wa:

Anyway mate, I too, am looking forward to the second time round against teams this season.
At home, especially. :)

Welcome to TTP,

RF

;)

curly

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
coming out

hey range rover, AKA Mr becham i think you really need to read what you just wrote are you sure it was a chick.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
heh sorry RF there was a few comments i left out :) I was the blonde spike haired sweeper who was getting hacked all game:) The red beckham hairdo was my buddy hanzl who plays center D with me, and he was born in late 85 so sorry definitely not an illegitimate child of yours heh, yes thats right...he only JUST turned 18 and did a pretty darn good job shutting you guys down up front heh

...that hanzl...sooo HOT right now...

If you are familiar with the movie zoolander that last line will make sense to you, if not, then im sure it sounds pretty flamin :)

Definitely looking forward to our rematch as well, last game of the season style, hopefully some final standings positions will be on the line to make it that much more interesting. I'm sure you guys will be coming out like gangbusters looking to whoop us heh.

Brandon

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off-Topic:

Suburbanator, I've emailed and PM'ed you numerous times and would like a response of some sort ASAP.

Cheers,

~Regs.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Discipline...???

Originally posted by BrandonSampson
...wasn't anything that warrants anything more than the minimum 1 game suspensions for each of the players involved.

The way the Discipline Committee has handed out suspensions to a couple of our guys this year, I sure as hell hope they only get off with 1 game. Our guys got 3 and 4 games each for what should have been no more than 2 and 1 game suspensions, respectively. Not sure what the boys at the hearings imbibe beforehand, but... :confused:

Wish your guys luck at the hearing (they'll need it)...and make sure they show up!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brandon

Well done sonno, I wasn't sure how you'd react there.
Atta boy...

I know exactly who you are now and you and the kid with lid job are an excellent tandem.
Actually you remind me a lot of the young lad who sweeps for Dewdney.
Another good up and comer, except he's a yap face, you on the other hand appear not to be. :D

Oh, and just because Hanzl was born in '85 doesn't mean he's not mine.
My seed has made it's way into the Tri-Cities area more than once. :p

Looking forward to McLean Park today, :rolleyes:

RF

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
thx, I actually just brought him back to defense from midfield last year because we lost our other center d in the offseason and he's doing very well :)

I know that guy from dewdney that your talking about and he is very good and were playing them today so hopefully i can out-duel him at the back heh =)

GL against united today I hope you whoop them good for us :)

I'll post a game report from our game later on tonight.

bitter_cabbage: HOPEFULLY they only get 1 game!!! heh both are 2 good defenders and we need them, (the goalie who got one of our red cards was our backup, and usually is a defender, and yes, we used our backup keeper against the rangers heh, it was ok tho he didn't face many shots except one from 40 yards out that he let in :p)

Brandon

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh ya man, one bounce right over him, it was one of the worst goals i've ever seen...

imagine this...your team is playing the rangers for the first time and playing their hearts out and controlling the play and generating chances and after 20 minutes they get their first shot off from 40 yards out and it one bounces in front of our keeper, he falls down, and we're down 1-0...

but we never slowed down and were up 2-1 by the end of the half thank god heh

are you the keeper that came out and practiced with us at the beginning of the season with a buddy of yours?

Brandon

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you the keeper that came out and practiced with us at the beginning of the season with a buddy of yours?

yeah that's me....and I was there and saw the goal......I'll probably be there again tonight

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 4 - 2 LUFC

LUFC played by far their worst game of the season in my opinion. Tied at one about midway through the first and then the wheels fell off. They scored one just before half, and then one on a free kick about five minutes into the second. Their fourth came with about twenty to go. We scored a few minutes later but couldn't get any closer.

Whalley is decent but they aren't great. They don't defend very well. We had a lot of chances and just didn't finish. They finished theirs. That was the difference.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Rangers 4 - Poco City United 0

1-nil at half for SFC although it could have been more had Scurr not bailed us out on a few occasions with some great saves.

We almost tied it just before half with a deft chip from in close that came back off the bar.

RF scored his second early in the second half after Poco's defender headed it onto his foot about 12 yards out.

That's when the wheels fell off. Scurr couldn't handle an easy low cross made difficult due to the low sun in his eyes and Rangers knocked it home from about 12 yards out.

Cracking fourth goal from 25 yards into the top corner sealed the deal for Rangers who came out to prove something after the Pomo Fury debaucle last week.

Good win fellas.

Poco lost another to long term injury today. That makes 6 guys out due to long term injuries now with only 9 games under our belts. Ouch! :( Add on 11 man games lost due to suspension and we're make it a lot harder on ourselves. Jury's out...we are hurting in more ways than one! This season's sucked! :rolleyes:

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC 4 Port Moody Fury 0

Exciting game that was fun to play in because lots of friends on DFC. 1-0 at the half and then 3 early in the second sealed the deal. A very solid game played by DFC and their kick and run attack proved deadly again and their defense didn't give up much of anything for chances for us to score.

Watched the SFC/United game before hand which was entertaining and was definitely SFC's game from the beginning but nothing taking away from Poco they played hard and a couple unlucky bounces early like the crossbar strike that bitter_cabbage mentioned, that definitely should have been a goal to make it it 1-1 at the half and would have made a more interesting game thats for sure.

Brandon

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Game for DFC ! DFC 4 Fury 0

The Guys worked hard & got the result! After the last weekends games , where we didn't play very well. Kick & Run Brandon I don't know what you saw but I did not see that all game . We would kick it down the park when we would see the openings & that was it!Other than that we won more of the 50/50 balls & tackles in the game. Other than that it was a good game the Fury looked like & improved team from the start of the season. They could get more than few results from a few teams this season if they keep playing the way they have been playing!

Cheers
Rex

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skurr couldn't handle a easy low cross

a high cross, a shot on net, a pass back or pretty much anything thrown at him:D

saw the Razor back game and was very impressed with #22 he was involved on every goal last night. Fury players if you want teams to take you seriosly put away the gloves and white boots and don't die your hair the color of your jersey.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bounty

STD,
I spoke with a few of the Poco Raiders last night at the pub and apparently, they seem to think you owe them $100 on a bet last season. But seeing as you no longer play with Poco City, they were asking where to find you. As an upstanding member of society, I pointed them in the right direction;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0