Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your entitled to your uneducated opinion my friend but i gurantee you we beat columbia this weekend, and the clones the next weekend.
shaven said:
08star...news flash for ya. You're not going to beat Columbia...from what they're showing, I believe you're going to drop more points next weekend. Post while you can this week mon amie, as this time next week you'll post no more. :eek:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be looking for the rippers to tie the royals next week. The royals have a bye the following weekend so it will allow everybody to gain some much needed points. The rippers have a tuff 2 weeks coming up if they want to stay in the race they will have to beat tsawassen because we play them the following week and I feel "no offense " our skill will take them apart on turf. If saint jr isn't there like he claims although I think he will be rippers will have no offense and basically no chance. On to the Titans next this weekend hopefully we keep up the play of the last two weeks. We changed two guys positions and it has totally changed our team making our defense much stronger and we are creating non stop chances. Hopefully we are beginning to hit our stride here and we won't have any more lapses.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Your entitled to your uneducated opinion my friend but i gurantee you we beat columbia this weekend, and the clones the next weekend.
They've beaten and tied teams above your squad in the table, and unlike your squad took advantage of the bottom feeder Coyotes for a valuable 3 points...I'd say I'm offering a very educated opinion, my friend. :bronco:...and that's just on Columbia. Don't get me started on what the Clones likely have in store for you... :eek:

bulljive, good call on the next couple of weeks...if any or most of those things come to pass, 2A's landscape will look more and more interesting, and its shaping up to be quite a battle down the stretch. :cool:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:

Or my name isn't 0-8 unavailable to post ever again :wa:

H

Hades Underling

Greetings everyone,

Just stumbled on this website a few days ago and this is not the first post I wanted to make, but I feel some clarification is in order.

Yes we know the our field is sh*te but we can't do anything about it. We've talked to the Eagleridge heads and that's all they do is talk. We have discussed moving to another field in the future, but again that is only talk for now. If we were some super rich team, we would have the field replaced but as it stands we can't and we suffer as much as you guys when you play on it.

As far as Herb goes, yes he definitely was not with it yesterday and seemed disinterested in the game. Maybe he had too much the night before? I don't know, but this is div 2.... what else do you expect.

As for Franchise, to address some of your comments:

" dirtest bunch of tacklers I have ever seen"
- We are a hard team. no doubt about that and the conditions didn't help either. We tackle hard and we play hard. Everything was fair and legal and if you recall the first yellow being handed out to one of YOUR players from a tackle from behind, I think it's a stretch to call us dirty tacklers.

"Eagle Ridge has no class...they were yapping all game and some basketball player with head band on consistley went Whooo for 90 minutes...(not to mention he is horriable"
-I admit we do have a few hotheads on our team and it's something we're already addressed. After the game, we talked to each other and this is something we are trying to cut down on. It wasn't only coming from our side though when one of your players with a headband on started yapping to ours about his headband...what is that about? I think it's unfair to say the whole team has no class when it's some individuals who are a little more inclined to start trouble.

"There was even a fight were some cheap kicking and holding from an eagle ridge player resulted in a wwe back sulpex to the ground....open punches where thrown"
-As for the big fight.. if you saw the whole thing you would know it was your No. 5 bald headed defender( I think) who waited until the ball was kicked up field when the ref had his back turned. He then grabbed our no. 15 Mid,who is one of those players I mentioned to get riled up more easily than the others, and basically shoved him in the chest to the ground. Obviously this provoked him and the following melee insued. One of our guys ran in their to help seperate the two when one of your players jumped into the huddle swinging and this didn't help things at all. I hear he has quite a temper, is it true he got kicked out of Co-ed league for fighting as well?

Obviously after that fight, it turned what was an otherwise tight, hard fought game into an ugly scene of people yelling at each other.

"there no where near a top team"
-We consider ourselves being able to match any team in this league. We don't consider ourselves the TOP team because we are new to div 2, but we are a confident bunch that won't let anyone intimidate us. Seeing as how we're leading the division so far I think it's safe to say we're doing a good job so far.

"lucky to have both legs after playing that unskilled squad......."
-talk is cheap, so until you guys start winning on a regular basis, let your play do the talking instead of your posts

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like you didn't see the struggle at all. Your player was hanging to our defender because he couldn't get by him....our player gave him alittle shot in the shins and your player put him in a head lock. Our player then suplexed him. a dark fellow went in started shoving people that is when our big defender got a little crazy....lucky it ended there man I scared of that guy and he is on my team.

Got to like the reds though...fight started and two guys get reds who came in to break it up.

GO HERB GO

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
.... "HERB" ...our refree

Enough said....

We lost to hades 1st game....even up game I thought. poor result for us. We were up 1 nil poor PK call...etc....lost 3 -1 . They have some yakky turds, chippy players ... etc. Shouldn't be where they are.

We lost to PAU. Good bunch, but we owned 75%, and they got 3 on bad mistakes.
I'm not going to go on about the "no excuse" crap. We were missing 4 ESSENTIAL players. 3 off the backline, and our speedy striker who does most of our scoring. Game was 2 - 2 10 min left, our forward was tackled (literally) just inside the box, spotted outside....they scored on a brutal mistake with a few minutes left. Bad as the mistakes were that we made, had we put 10 of our 50 chances away, they should have considered themselves lucky.
I can't believe the way things are going this year. Hurricanes and Wolves should be well ahead of where they are....as should we....

The objective now I guess is to just avoid relegation. :(

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hades Underling said:
Greetings everyone,

Just stumbled on this website a few days ago and this is not the first post I wanted to make, but I feel some clarification is in order.

Yes we know the our field is sh*te but we can't do anything about it. We've talked to the Eagleridge heads and that's all they do is talk. We have discussed moving to another field in the future, but again that is only talk for now. If we were some super rich team, we would have the field replaced but as it stands we can't and we suffer as much as you guys when you play on it.

As far as Herb goes, yes he definitely was not with it yesterday and seemed disinterested in the game. Maybe he had too much the night before? I don't know, but this is div 2.... what else do you expect.

As for Franchise, to address some of your comments:

" dirtest bunch of tacklers I have ever seen"
- We are a hard team. no doubt about that and the conditions didn't help either. We tackle hard and we play hard. Everything was fair and legal and if you recall the first yellow being handed out to one of YOUR players from a tackle from behind, I think it's a stretch to call us dirty tacklers.

"Eagle Ridge has no class...they were yapping all game and some basketball player with head band on consistley went Whooo for 90 minutes...(not to mention he is horriable"
-I admit we do have a few hotheads on our team and it's something we're already addressed. After the game, we talked to each other and this is something we are trying to cut down on. It wasn't only coming from our side though when one of your players with a headband on started yapping to ours about his headband...what is that about? I think it's unfair to say the whole team has no class when it's some individuals who are a little more inclined to start trouble.

"There was even a fight were some cheap kicking and holding from an eagle ridge player resulted in a wwe back sulpex to the ground....open punches where thrown"
-As for the big fight.. if you saw the whole thing you would know it was your No. 5 bald headed defender( I think) who waited until the ball was kicked up field when the ref had his back turned. He then grabbed our no. 15 Mid,who is one of those players I mentioned to get riled up more easily than the others, and basically shoved him in the chest to the ground. Obviously this provoked him and the following melee insued. One of our guys ran in their to help seperate the two when one of your players jumped into the huddle swinging and this didn't help things at all. I hear he has quite a temper, is it true he got kicked out of Co-ed league for fighting as well?

Obviously after that fight, it turned what was an otherwise tight, hard fought game into an ugly scene of people yelling at each other.

"there no where near a top team"
-We consider ourselves being able to match any team in this league. We don't consider ourselves the TOP team because we are new to div 2, but we are a confident bunch that won't let anyone intimidate us. Seeing as how we're leading the division so far I think it's safe to say we're doing a good job so far.

"lucky to have both legs after playing that unskilled squad......."
-talk is cheap, so until you guys start winning on a regular basis, let your play do the talking instead of your posts
Hey.... good first post.....I've trashed your guys as well for the first game against us. Not so much the team, but a few individuals. That little pee wee Herman look alike up front. (who knows, maybe that's you) He hacked and wacked and went in studs up and late many times. For that I wacked him a good one, and he left the game for good. There were a couple others, but for the most part the rest were fine. Good core of talent, and from what we've come up against, I'd say you were fair on your assessment, and can play with most of the others. Crappy weather and a terrible field, or even a poor ref can equalize any two teams on any day, but over the year, the cream rises, because all games can't be unfortunate. (If it weren't for all of the excuses I listed, our club would and should be in first :rolleyes: ). I wouldn't consider you the best we've played, but consistancy is so important, and that's what you guys have had more than other clubs.

Hope when the second half rols around, we play on a better pitch than ER. We tied you guys 1 -1 with an own goal against the Guru back in 4th. Then we played you guys in cup and lost 1 - 0 in 2nd OT, with about a minute before PK's. Our backliner gave up the ball, last man back, and sent 2 hades Hacks in alone on the Guru from about 40 yards. $hitty shot, but went in the corner....I was expecting pass, and he shot the other way. :confused:

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Hades Underling, Rule no. 1 about take the piss, everything that the Franchise says is completely the opposite of reality. Anyway yes Eaglerigde plays big, how else do you want 210 pound 20 year olds to play? Don't worry about your field blue mountain is even worse. I think Eaglerige can be beat but you have to match them with intensity, we beat them 5-2 but damn I was sore for two weeks! I like the top three in 2C Eagleridge,LUFC and the Lions are all good teams, just a warning though look out for Whalley, definately the sleeper team, and if we (Poco), start playing better D, we should have a way better second half.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mighty Hurricanes giving up points again to the bottom feeder of the division and
then still have the nerve to boast what they are going to do against the Bearcats
and the Clones, two top three clubs in the division.There is more to winning than
arrogance(which you guys seem to have an abundance of) but your team is young
and inexperienced, so maybe you guys should walk the walk before you talk the talk.

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
The rippers have a tuff 2 weeks coming up if they want to stay in the race they will have to beat tsawassen because we play them the following week and I feel "no offense " our skill will take them apart on turf. If saint jr isn't there like he claims although I think he will be rippers will have no offense and basically no chance.
Unfortunately, saint jr will not be there. You are right it will be a tough couple of weeks for us as we are playing the top two teams in th next two weeks. we'll just have to see how it goes. Good luck this weekend bulljive. will be a bit of a rivalry for you guys.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hades Underling said:
Greetings everyone,

-As for the big fight.. if you saw the whole thing you would know it was your No. 5 bald headed defender( I think) who waited until the ball was kicked up field when the ref had his back turned. He then grabbed our no. 15 Mid,who is one of those players I mentioned to get riled up more easily than the others, and basically shoved him in the chest to the ground. Obviously this provoked him and the following melee insued.

Sounds Familiar, the same guy tried to provoke a fight behind the scenes at our recent match vs. the wolves. Obviously has issues.

Feel bad for you regarding your field, two seasons ago we had "BROWN ROAD" park in Langley which is a shocking pitch as well.... Good Luck getting some fields back from the Youth clubs!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that the past weekend's matches are fading from our collective minds, I believe it is time to stir the pot a bit and offer up my thoughts on this weekend's coming matches in 2A: :wa:

WRU vs. ND Titans: The Titans are showing better form of late, with two wins in a row, but White Rock is coming off a big win and a bye week and is playing much better as a team of late. Should be a good match, with WRock in tough for the W but hungry for points, as ND is only 5 ahead in the table. Prediction: WRU 3-2 :cool:

Royals vs. Rippers: This match out on the much maligned pitch in sunny Tsawwassen between the top two in the table. Shaping up to be the tale of two matches; two teams heading in opposite directions of late, which could mean a stomping by the Royals, or a resurrection by the Rippers providing a statement game by them. Likely the latter, with the Rippers back on form and showing that the table is not conceeded to the Royals just yet. Prediction: Rippers 4-2 :D

NDFC vs. GEU: No contest here. One of the stronger squads hosting one of the weaker squads, although GEU showed last week that they can steal points off anyone if the 'A' game is not brought out. NDFC has shown a Jekyll and Hyde persona this season so far, but I don't believe that will rear its ugly heed this weekend. Look for NDFC to make a statement and get themselves back on track at GEU's expense, though it has to be said that GEU has a fairly good keeper who should prevent NDFC from scoring at will. That said, too much NDFC firepower in this one. Prediction: NDFC 3-1 :)

Aldergrove vs. Abby SC: I've no idea what may happen in this match. Abby went out and shite the bed last weekend versus NDFC at home, and I was a bit surprised at that. As for Aldergrove, they just can't seem to find any consistency at all. Much like the NDFC season so far...this match could go either way. Abby needs the result more than Aldergrove, so they might be hungrier, though with both coming off somewhat surprising losses, who knows? Prediction: Aldergrove 2-2 Abby :eek:

Alright all you TTP'ers...there they are. Thoughts Canada, bulljive, Saint, RoyalsFC, dopey (where is dopey these days?), et all?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
saint jr said:
the rippers will be fine without me there bulljive. good luck in the games lads.
What's up with you this weekend saint? Not fit?...some nagging injury? What's the scoop!? ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is saint jr making a move back between the pipes? Jumping leagues even?

Big news, big news if true!

:D

~Regs.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
This match out on the much maligned pitch in sunny Tsawwassen between the top two in the table.

Fortress Beach Grove :rolleyes: was in excellent ( for it anyway) shape this past weekend. The water table was lower than expected so there were no muddy sections. 1st and 2nd base were in decent shape with not too many holes in it. 3rd base and the pitchers mound had a couple holes each while homeplate itself has an embarrassing angle to it leaving anyone movign across the endline in danger of dribbling out of bounds.

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Fortress Beach Grove :rolleyes: was in excellent ( for it anyway) shape this past weekend.

good to hear Army, but we play at South Park now, and I thought you made that move too. Unless it's in terrible shape. I haven't checked it out in a while. We'll hope to have it in good shape for a Sunday, both sides deserve an opportunity to showcase their talent.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonesbrigade said:
good to hear Army, but we play at South Park now, and I thought you made that move too. Unless it's in terrible shape. I haven't checked it out in a while. We'll hope to have it in good shape for a Sunday, both sides deserve an opportunity to showcase their talent.

I didn't know that. None of us could go to meeting in Ladner a few eeks ago as i was sick and other had work commitments. Too be honest beach Grove was good on the weekend , better than South Surrey Athletic where the kids i coach play. No divots or slippy stuff at the grove while in White rock the turf was coming out in huge divots.

Good Luck Sunday wherever you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0