Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a tough tie today against one of the weaker teams in the divisions, we had a ton of chances, breakaways, goal posts, but just couldnt captilize, and we gave up the tying goal late in the game. Oh well at least we didnt lose, everyone has games like that. Columbia this weekend and the clones the following weekend, after we win both those we will prove to the be the contenders we say we are.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone herd anything today on the eagle ridge hades vs geu wolves game. If hades won they have first spot in 2c.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
Has anyone herd anything today on the eagle ridge hades vs geu wolves game. If hades won they have first spot in 2c.
Hades 1-0...first place for E. Ridge in 2C.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
We had a tough tie today against one of the weaker teams in the divisions, we had a ton of chances, breakaways, goal posts, but just couldnt captilize, and we gave up the tying goal late in the game. Oh well at least we didnt lose, everyone has games like that. Columbia this weekend and the clones the following weekend, after we win both those we will prove to the be the contenders we say we are.

yeah, sometimes things just dont go your way.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Columbia this weekend and the clones the following weekend, after we win both those we will prove to the be the contenders we say we are.
08star...news flash for ya. You're not going to beat Columbia...from what they're showing, I believe you're going to drop more points next weekend. Post while you can this week mon amie, as this time next week you'll post no more. :eek:

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see Poco United and the Clones running away with 2B, it will be interesting to see if the Clones can stay healthy in the 2nd half, god knows it doesn't matter to United since they have about 23 players signed.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
port moody 1 lufc dynamo 1

good clean game, both sides had some good chances and bad miss kicks including an open net on the 6 that went over the net by both sides. even played 1st half, then moody came out strong with a goal 5 min in and took over for the first 25min in the second. lufc countered with some good pressure that didn't pay of until the 90th min. Tough tie for moody to take, but it always is when you give one up that late. by the way one of the best refs so far let play continue with out losing control of the game

I had to quote the whole thing because its pretty accurate. 1st half was back and forth, with no real glorious scoring chances. 2nd Half saw PM score a goal, deflected in off one of our midfielders but a goal none the less. Langley then for some reason panicked after the lone port moody marker and started playing kick and run? Don't think we connected two passed together for the next 20 mins. Once things settled down we started to press for the equalizer, finally scoring in the extra time. The Guy that scored (Geu's favorite player) should have had the sitter from 3 yards 15 minutes before howwever.

Heartbreaking for the Lions to lose so late in the game but I believe the outcome was justified. Good luck next week vs. a hot Hades.

I also agree on the refereeing thats one benefit of playing after our Langley Cat team as they usually get good referees (We get the slightly fatigued version... :rolleyes: ) A1 job by the man in Yellow.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are underdogs going into the game with Columbia. We have no choice though but to get 6 pts out of our next 2 games in order to get in the race for 1st. We played well in stretches yesterday, but I think we were looking too far ahead at Columbia and the Clones. We didn't play with enough intensity in the game and by the time we got our wakeup call, we couldn't buy a goal, hitting goal posts and having their keeper make some great saves. They scored late and earned a 1-1 tie. We got what we deserved as we didn't play with focus for anywhere near 90 mins.

On another note, how is the Columbia team? That is one team I really don't know anything about.

shaven said:
08star...news flash for ya. You're not going to beat Columbia...from what they're showing, I believe you're going to drop more points next weekend. Post while you can this week mon amie, as this time next week you'll post no more. :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
On another note, how is the Columbia team? That is one team I really don't know anything about.
From what I know, which is what's been put forward on TTP, Columbia is a young, fast, and well-coached team. Their record shows that they can play with and match up with all the teams in 2B fairly well. Not too much is known about them, other than what has been experienced thus far this season. A strong squad though, nonetheless. Should be a good match.

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
What happened Canada? Missed opportunities, or a stout ER defence?
not too sure what happened. pretty decent game. we had some players missing, we missed a few chances and their keeper made a couple of fantastic saves on us. no excuses though. weren't good enough on the day. all credit to eagle ridge. Need to get back on track next weekend against tsawassen. going to be a tough game.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I speak for us all in 2A when I say this: Go Rippers! We all need you to take some points off of Tsawwassen this weekend, as there is a danger they may run away and hide underneath the ferry dock if not slowed down in the coming few matches. This would be a good time for y'all to get back on track, agreed! :D We get the Royals again in a couple of matches or so, and not to worry that WRU won't do its part, as we're lookin' to pull ourselves up to mid-table in the next two weeks, and join the party! ;)

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were they in Div 3 last year or are they one of the relegated teams from Div 1? You don't hear much about them but they have had a very impressive season thus far.

shaven said:
From what I know, which is what's been put forward on TTP, Columbia is a young, fast, and well-coached team. Their record shows that they can play with and match up with all the teams in 2B fairly well. Not too much is known about them, other than what has been experienced thus far this season. A strong squad though, nonetheless. Should be a good match.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:

Don't get me started...first we show-up and the field is full of water and 6 inche deep mud holes all over the park...the game before got cancelled yet "HERB" our refree thought it was playable :rolleyes: First refreeing was the worst I have ever seen...i give refs credit but this guy is completely out to lunch...he called corner kicks throw in and I must have been rapped without protection over a dozen times.....i think i am also missing a left knee from the dirtest bunch of tacklers I have ever seen.....

Eagle Ridge has no class...they were yapping all game and some basketball player with head band on consistley went Whooo for 90 minutes...(not to mention he is horriable) :confused:

Todd protested the game before it started about the field because of the condition..they couldn't even the line the field the machine consistently got stuck in the knee high mud. we'll see how that turns out :rolleyes:

There was even a fight were some cheap kicking and holding from an eagle ridge player resulted in a wwe back sulpex to the ground....open punches where thrown...ref sat back at center looking at a book and didn't even blow his whistle...then he comes over after and reds two people who weren't even the start of the fight.....god help us.... :eek:

Eagle Ridge scored on a offiside goal but it all counts I guess...there no where near a top team.....yet we no where near a bottom team...figure that out :confused:

On to Whalley.......

Canuck boy your right......little sore today....lucky to have both legs after playing that unskilled squad.......

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Don't get me started...first we show-up and the field is full of water and 6 inche deep mud holes all over the park...

Eagle Ridge has no class...they were yapping all game and some basketball player with head band on consistley went Whooo for 90 minutes...(not to mention he is horriable)

That field was done for the year when we played them 4 weeks ago. I cannot believe its still in use.

I remember the same yapper, they also had an outside mid that wanked off at the sidelines the whole game. Not much else to add because they beat us fair and square with some hard work.... Looking forward to a rematch on a field that doesn't resemble a motorcross track.

tupac

Feb 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Stars, good game. A pretty good attempt after the game too, to try and outlast us at the field, but you stood no chance. I respect the effort though and you were a good bunch. See in 10 weeks!

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
waterboy16 said:
Ah, Reds, you are so corrct. I didn't see the pitch today, but our boys earned their win!

Good to see you join the fracass Waterboy! I was wondering afterwards what was up with you not putting a foot on the field... :confused: Do tell!

Have to admit though, that SFC Stars have a classic pre-half cheer...

AAAAHHHHH! LET'S GET PISSED!!!

...Classic! :D

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Were they in Div 3 last year or are they one of the relegated teams from Div 1? You don't hear much about them but they have had a very impressive season thus far.
Apparently they've been a beer league team in Abby for a couple years. They're young and work hard. Their field is not very good and is small -- to their advantage. Solid centre back, a couple decent mids, and a small blonde kid with a rocket of a shot. They'll only improve as the year goes on.

Bloody annoying fog horn when they score a goal though... :rolleyes:

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
...the game before got cancelled yet "HERB" our refree thought it was playable :rolleyes: First refreeing was the worst I have ever seen...i give refs credit but this guy is completely out to lunch...he called corner kicks throw in and I must have been rapped without protection over a dozen times...

All you had to do was mention Herb... No need for anything else! I see he's still performing "above his potential"! :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0