Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - September '05

Who will be in first place at the end of the month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluebird said:
the squad IS good enough to stay up it just needs a few tweaks here and there
My point exactly Blue bird.I feel these guys have the talent but not the know how and adding 3-4 players to the mix that will step in and let these guys have it when they're not doing the simple things to win games will make them not only stay up in this division but be in it every night? 13 goals against in 3 games is what's concerning me and the boys are running there asses off out there and fit the talent level but maybe not the experience level?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 Sporting 1

Game was never in question...no complaints...even the ref was decent.

Sporting scored in injury time....

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN/SUFC 1 @ Port Moody Fury 2

We got 2 and carried the play in the first half, they got one middle of the second half and that sparked them and they played strong for the final 20 and pushed us but we held on.

Brandon

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the fury need to take their keeper out tonight, he was difference in the second half as he made about 4 quality stops that should have been goals. I thought PM did well early on and caught us twice on transition. 2nd PM goal was a nice free kick in the top corner. Our guys played a great possession game and moved the ball well, but did have the finish in the final 3rd. The last 30 minutes was us all over them and they defended well. Good game by both teams.

AS for the ref......well I won't say much, and leave it at that...I can defintely say he tried real hard to make the wrong calls ;) :D

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought the ref did a fine job tonight, almost every call was right on in the entire match which is a difficult thing to do in this league with no linesmen, you guys were yelling at him so much to try to get calls and complaining so much and there wasn't anything that he was doing wrong, he held his ground and did a good job at it.

as far as our keeper stopping 4 goals? thats a little off, he made one quality save that actually went off his face as he came out and charged a shot with his whole body, other than that he had 2 medium power strikes into his stomach that he caught.

good game by both teams, looking forward to the rematch.

brandon

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 3 Delta 0

Didn't get to see the game but talk to some of the guys sounds like the game was never in doubt #11 with two more goals... Aldergrove at home next week does it matter who they play...?

cheers
Cantuzzi

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Rangers...........as Z stated, never in question. Sportings goalie made at least 4 goal mouth scramble saves and a couple other nice ones. Goal in 3rd min. of extra time makes this game look close, I think it was their only shot on net.....Yoda........anything to say!? :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
Aldergrove 3 Delta 0

Didn't get to see the game but talk to some of the guys sounds like the game was never in doubt #11 with two more goals... Aldergrove at home next week does it matter who they play...?

cheers
Cantuzzi
When you get up to premier for the 15th time see if maybe you can stay there this time :rolleyes: .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
2-1 Rangers...........as Z stated, never in question. Sportings goalie made at least 4 goal mouth scramble saves and a couple other nice ones. Goal in 3rd min. of extra time makes this game look close, I think it was their only shot on net.....Yoda........anything to say!? :rolleyes:

Hey, if you and Z are happy with your game then i'm happy. I just hope that someday you guys will get to play against a teamt that is up to your calibre.
I really feel for you guys having to suffer through Div1.

;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No NDFC blabbing. Could it be they've finally realized they aren't as good as they think?

Our game was decent. I think we started to look a lot better yesterday. Spread the ball more, and opened up that giant field. Kemper had a cracker game. Easily his best of the young season. More injuries for us too. Some will be healed for Friday. Others definitely won't.

Thanks for coming out Eddie. ;)

I guess 32 people were correct in the poll.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, Stepchild, you should try to be more like Yoda.

Therefore you should wait until co-ed season and then tell us all about the great goals you scored against some girls and a bunch of guys who aren't trying.

Rob, Eddie would have been there on time and had a great game if he didn't have an ear injury, as in he's fcuking deaf and can't pay attention when someone is explaining a venue change.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Rob, Eddie would have been there on time and had a great game if he didn't have an ear injury, as in he's fcuking deaf and can't pay attention when someone is explaining a venue change.
Venue change? Someone tell BigBeers that we play teams at their home field, not newton. Apart from that, he got to the game after half-time. WTF! :mad: Jinky, please smack him and teach him to use a computer.
ND, I heard that your REAL GOALIE let a weak shot in from 40 yards out...........perhaps that 15 year old is not that bad after all. ;)

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
got an update on the raiders game vs. whalley, they got a red card early, were down 2-1 late, and scored 2 late goals. no surpise here

brandon

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Therefore you should wait until co-ed season and then tell us all about the great goals you scored against some girls and a bunch of guys who aren't trying.

Is there something wrong with that?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
If you win Friday doesn't that make 18 people right. :confused:
When we win Friday.

I wasn't counting the Friday nighter just to be fair, but seeing as you brought it up. ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Hey, if you and Z are happy with your game then i'm happy. I just hope that someday you guys will get to play against a teamt that is up to your calibre.
I really feel for you guys having to suffer through Div1.

;)

I never said we were happy with our game...
We ARE happy with the results...our game could use some work.
just happy the teams we have played so far suck real bad. ;)

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BrandonSampson said:
i thought the ref did a fine job tonight

I guess you missed ;) at the end of the sentence.....inside joke btw the me and ref. Don't worry if I had something negative to say about the ref I'd say it to him face to face. If you thought I was yelling at him, that was nothing....I was being polite......ask whistle blower how his ear is feeling. He took a week off just to get his hearing aid adjusted.......I gave him a BCSA certified refresher course during the game. :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC vs Aldergrove

Aldergrove totally controlled the first half and won pretty much every 50/50 ball. They didn't really get any quality chances except there 40 yard crack :rolleyes: . second half we came out and totally dominated for 25 minutes, we had them pinned in there end, the sideline was freaking out, and we actually had a moment were we could have got back level. The moment was very brief however and they came down and scored a horrible goal on a defensive breakdown which totally deflated any chances of us coming back. We subbed off 3 or 4 starters and they scored another one late. Can't say we deserved anything more out of this game Aldergrove has an excellent team and playing well for 25 out of 90 minutes didn't get us any points saturday and never will. The Rob all we said was we were going to finish mid pack, if thats thinking were hot shite... okay. I still think we will finish mid pack. I also think we have the talent to play with anyone in this league but as a team were not anywhere near being at the top. As a team were playing horribly but having 8 new players, losing 2 starting defencemen changes the look of a team and we are having to learn against the top teams in the league. Look at the rangers last year, first half of the year they licked pouch, still do but are a much better team. Must win game for us this friday or it could be a very long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0