Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - September 04'

Who will win Div. 1 this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
cascadesoccer said:
STD said:
GEU 1 Wade 3

I don't see Wade netting 3 against the knights for there are players on that team that have played with wade and know his game very well. Although extremely fast and good at slotting his chances, if marked tight and close, he wont get those opportunities. All the knights have to do is stick there best D man on him and keep him on wade all game or STD's guess of 3 goals may not be far off

Well seeing as not much many people like him on the team and that he never passes the ball....I see him getting two shots and Geu winning 2-0

Watch for the Skeeter thunder touch!!!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey franchise, where do you get your info from? The guys on the team like Wade. He's a part of our team. As for him not passing the ball, I won't get upset if he takes a few guys on. He skins most of them, so why not take them on. Everybody has something to work on. That's why we practice. None of us are perfect. If we were perfect we'd be playing in the VMSL :rolleyes: . Right???

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
Hey franchise, where do you get your info from? The guys on the team like Wade. He's a part of our team. As for him not passing the ball, I won't get upset if he takes a few guys on. He skins most of them, so why not take them on. Everybody has something to work on. That's why we practice. None of us are perfect. If we were perfect we'd be playing in the VMSL :rolleyes: . Right???

i have sources who play on the team and everyone doesn't like how he thinks he is soooo great...it's fine he is a great player but to over dramatize your play but not making it a team game is a little bit ****y!!!

Anyways Skeeter needs the practice...has he got a first touch yet???

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
One more night till the big showdown. I don't know how it happend, but I'm officially addicted to this thing again. anyways Good ol Rex has been quiet as of late. Where u been Rex? Still trying to poach players? If this wade guy is the the young fella that goes by the name " skooter" " skeeter" skater, slappy , sloppy....ect then i think we will have no problem. I hear you signed that free kick guy from poco, last name; some indian spice....true? whats your line up roxy, lets hear it, u pussy.

Wades # 22 I believe..taller skinny guy up front prolly wont start cuz he'll show up late, but most likely 22, Darby knows him so he'll point him out, just mark him tight and you'll be golden

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough. I think in the past we might have relied on him too much. Don't get me wrong, he is a great finisher. He probably scored half of our 50 goals last year. So he probably started feeling like the go-to guy, which might have given him a bit of an attitude. This year will be a different story. With the new faces we picked up, he's going to have to win his position. Hopefully that will work in his favor and he will become an even better player than he is right now. I'm one of the hardest ones trying to push him in training. I've played at a fairly high level, and Wade is probably the best raw talent i've ever seen. He needs work, but if he puts his head down and does the work that i ask of him, he will definately be the best stiker in the FVSL, if he isn't already. Not many guys can keep up to him when he wants to take off.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
Hey Franchise

Worry about your team don't worry about our team!

I don't need to worry about my team...but you need to worry about tommorow!!!

Don't take the ass kicking personally.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
Fair enough. I think in the past we might have relied on him too much. Don't get me wrong, he is a great finisher. He probably scored half of our 50 goals last year. So he probably started feeling like the go-to guy, which might have given him a bit of an attitude. This year will be a different story. With the new faces we picked up, he's going to have to win his position. Hopefully that will work in his favor and he will become an even better player than he is right now. I'm one of the hardest ones trying to push him in training. I've played at a fairly high level, and Wade is probably the best raw talent i've ever seen. He needs work, but if he puts his head down and does the work that i ask of him, he will definately be the best stiker in the FVSL, if he isn't already. Not many guys can keep up to him when he wants to take off.

Definitly agree with you there, I played with wade for 3 or 4 years and we were a very very successful team, and there are few that can keep up with him when he wants to take off, but I found that if put in a tight situation he cannot do to much, his game is his speed and he wont beat you on skill alone, but if he gets that chance to run your finished cause he'll just put it by you and go.. Its just those tight area's were no speed and just skill is where you can shut him down IMO.

raker

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Surrey Sporting picked up several new players and cut a few weak links (a contender??), also Langley are having good training sessions!

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually cascadesoccer, that is exactly the area that I have been trying to get him better at. Usuing small grids and quick touches. He is much better already at getting rid of the ball quick and making a quality run. As we go higher in the level of play, he has to realize that speed alone won't always work. But, he still gets 2-3 chances a game because of his speed. If we can add another 2-3 chances because of quick thinking and smart ballwork, i think we'll do all right. I hope whoever marks him tonight has fun trying to keep up to him. Him and Arnie are going to make an amazing combo up front.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like this guy is in a league of his own, if he’s that great of a player why does he only play Div 1 FVSL? (No sarcasm intended!)

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, i think he should be playing at a higher level. I'm happy to have him on my team, and he's a great guy. But, if he really had the desire and the drive, he could easily be playing at a much higher level. As cascade said though, he does need to work on his in close game. Once he learns that, he'll be tough to handle. But, as with any really good offensive player, a smart and skilled defender should be able to take them out of the game. We'll see how he does tonight.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wade and arnie hahahahahahah

10 bucks says our striker is faster and will score tonight, while wade is yellin at his teamates all frustrated. Oukast is faster then anyone ive played with and he can second as a sweeper, so if wade is that much trouble then we have a plan b. team sport fellas, if u are relying on one striker to push the ball passed and run onto 3 chances tonite, u are finished before it starts.

4-0 knights

rex, u suiting up?

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We rely on 1 player? That's news to me. If this outkast character was playing against Poco at your game at Citadel, then we'll have no worries at all. You guys were shocking that night. But everybody has a bad game i guess. If you guys concentrate on Wade too much, there are a couple of other players on our side that will burn you. Should be a good battle tonight. Unless it rains, then they'll close Albion like they always do.

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seen this guy play in the summer and was impressed with his speed, but have to agree with Luc, with teams knowing his speed and his "poor" ability to control a ball in close, teams should be able to matchup against him and play his weakness. hmmm did somebody say SWEEPER...

Luc,

Who is this speed demon Outkast you speak of...

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wade and arnie hahahahahahah

LucVanLierde said:
Oukast is faster then anyone ive played withQUOTE]

Come on Luc Slippery Slimy Sinbad is fast but I’d kill him & he knows it, you’d give him a good run for him money hell even FAT SKINNY Robinson would. And who could forget lil Rieu they didn’t call him “Flash” is mosquito for nothing (think he pulled a Pig Nuts there & gave him self a nickname)! Come to think of it your whole team is bloody quick even Zig Zag can keep pace, I can’t see this wonder kid being much of a problem for any of the BK’s tonight. Having said that I have no doubt it will be a great game to watch…..

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wade and arnie hahahahahahah

rex, u suiting up?[/QUOTE]

Good luck on that.....does his team want to win???? if he suits up there done by the first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0