Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results & Banter October '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me put it this way if you go to Europe and you are twenty five you are to old.Twenty two three year olds. Mature but not to old. Normaly it takes a year to show what you have and if you have it they sell you dam fast to clubs that need you.
There is thirty pro clubs with in three hundred kilometers. There is hope for Canadians but not here the way it is. Americans colect cheques Canadians train in development and pay to play. Not good enough.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me put it this way if you go to Europe and you are twenty five you are to old.Twenty two three year olds. Mature but not to old. Normaly it takes a year to show what you have and if you have it they sell you dam fast to clubs that need you.
There is thirty pro clubs with in three hundred kilometers. There is hope for Canadians but not here the way it is. Americans colect cheques Canadians train in development and pay to play. Not good enough.

i know i give you tough time but you got it right this time Mr. base!

Csa could use your vision

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
im from the uk , if you aint been snapped up by the time your 14 or 15 you normally look for another career , there are a couple of exeptions , jaap stam i think was a late starter but its very rare .

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it April fools or did I just come back to the D3 thread talking about playing professionally in Europe? Fcuk me, I must be real close to my dream in D1 then :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italion Stalion it does not matter if you play in premier div one two or three. Most of the guys here play with friends. It is your soccer smarts that will give a chance if you realy want it. Most of you guys have been told. If you play div three you are shyte. Not so.
You have spent tomuch time with soccer goorues. If you do not go to thier soccer school you can't play. Up to tenty four five each young guy can give it a try and see where it takes him to. If you do not make it you can always go to trade or to University or go an run for fun. It is all your chose. If you stay here you will never make it. Your mom and dad have to buy you a spot. Cheers do't be a negative sole.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a guy who played for Watford's youth team, Crystal Palace's reserve's he also played blue square Div1 in England and Like Lee said if you haven't been noticed by 14 or 15 forget it. and if by 18 you're not playing first team football you might aswell call it a day.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italion Stalion it does not matter if you play in premier div one two or three. Most of the guys here play with friends. It is your soccer smarts that will give a chance if you realy want it. Most of you guys have been told. If you play div three you are shyte. Not so.
You have spent tomuch time with soccer goorues. If you do not go to thier soccer school you can't play. Up to tenty four five each young guy can give it a try and see where it takes him to. If you do not make it you can always go to trade or to University or go an run for fun. It is all your chose. If you stay here you will never make it. Your mom and dad have to buy you a spot. Cheers do't be a negative sole.

and the score at the half

Base 1 stallion 0

ouch :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keven some how the young guy was missled. In Europe you play as a young Pro till you are 19 years old . At that time they tell you go and play in div three for thee years to get mentaly tough. Then come back. Onley two guys out of sixty young Pros sighn a contract with first clubs. You would have to be a fanaminal National youth.
The problem is our kids think they can play div one over there. Not so. Premier level soccer here is a div five over there. This might clear it up for some. Nobody knows you when you first come. Nuber one you must hold your spot on the starting eleven or on the first two subs. Year later if you have what it takes you will move up. Also many young guys from here are not willing to live out of sute case for two three years. That is why they come back. And the other twenty percent know more than the coaches. They send them back ASAP. It is only players with level heads and right drive that make it.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keven some how the young guy was missled. In Europe you play as a young Pro till you are 19 years old . At that time they tell you go and play in div three for thee years to get mentaly tough. Then come back. Onley two guys out of sixty young Pros sighn a contract with first clubs. You would have to be a fanaminal National youth.
The problem is our kids think they can play div one over there. Not so. Premier level soccer here is a div five over there. This might clear it up for some. Nobody knows you when you first come. Nuber one you must hold your spot on the starting eleven or on the first two subs. Year later if you have what it takes you will move up. Also many young guys from here are not willing to live out of sute case for two three years. That is why they come back. And the other twenty percent know more than the coaches. They send them back ASAP. It is only players with level heads and right drive that make it.
I dont want to sound negative but I gotta be honest with you , There is maybe 1 or 2 players in the fvsl ( 1 in particular ) that could possibly get paid to play , maybe mls or lower laegues in europe and they are not in div 1 2 or 3 , I played for Bristol rovers youth accademy when I was 13 , ( KH will vouch for me on that one ) I was concidered one of the best on my rep team , and the guys I played with were 10 times better than me , had not made it at 14 or 15 so I was not asked back for summer training , now bristol rovers are a lower league (league 1 or 2 at the time) that was 20 years ago , standards get even higher over time , i watch alot of soccer in the summer and winter here and like i say , 1 or 2 could make the push , bottom line if your 22 , you should have done your apprentiship and have a career , you wont find one in soccer at 22 , but who knows , people win the lottery against the odds , rite .

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the age of 16 you sign apprentice forms this can last for 3 years after each season a bunch of players are released this is where the div 2 teams pick up their young tallent but to be honest not mant turn it arround if you do reach the end of your 3 years you will either be signed or released the only guys who are signed will have had a bunch of first team games and shown promise.
as for league comparison it goes prem.champ,div 1 , div2 , and then conference the whitecaps would be a mid table conference side at best. if you look at the dif over here between vmsl,visl and fvsl best prem teams and the caps then you have an idea how far off being an english league player you are.

dare to dream arnold dare to dream

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Body you paint Canadians as losers period. Our premier league is equal to div five over there. Many young guys went and played in div four over there with no problem. It is only when they try to move to div three and up that many endup on the banch. Top English league buys 80 percent of the players from all over the place. That is not their best.
We are not that far off. Six more A League sides and we will be fine. Caps could easaly play div three. Any higher they would have to buy few players. I grew up over there playing. I know who can make it and what it takes. It takes twenty thousand an a sute case for thee years and a Lion drive. We can do it. Just because one fails. He should never be negative against the system. As long as he gave it all.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have the chance to go over to Europe in the summer to play for Derby County as they saw me play with Geu Inter this year.....the coaching staff was amazed by my scoring talent and would like me come over asap but I told them I have seen Derby play and Kevin Hector likes them so I am probabley better off playing with Inter.

Div 3 soccer going over to Europe.....fuk me:rolleyes:

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holly mother of pearl. I dont look at the thread for 3 days and next thing you know theres talk of local players going pro and the difference between Eastern Europe and United Europe haha... Div.3 has stepped its shite up!

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have the chance to go over to Europe in the summer to play for Derby County as they saw me play with Geu Inter this year.....the coaching staff was amazed by my scoring talent and would like me come over asap but I told them I have seen Derby play and Kevin Hector likes them so I am probabley better off playing with Inter.

Div 3 soccer going over to Europe.....fuk me:rolleyes:
lmao ,, nice ,

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Body you paint Canadians as losers period. Our premier league is equal to div five over there. Many young guys went and played in div four over there with no problem. It is only when they try to move to div three and up that many endup on the banch. Top English league buys 80 percent of the players from all over the place. That is not their best.
We are not that far off. Six more A League sides and we will be fine. Caps could easaly play div three. Any higher they would have to buy few players. I grew up over there playing. I know who can make it and what it takes. It takes twenty thousand an a sute case for thee years and a Lion drive. We can do it. Just because one fails. He should never be negative against the system. As long as he gave it all.
listen to bluebird , if you think you could play for the white caps , then you would have a chance at a conference team over there , thats still a high level and still some sort of money involved (correct me on that if im wrong bluebird) but at age 22 23 i think you would have to know someone in the club to get looked at , maybe you could say your name is santiago munez

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

The player I talked about in one of my earlier posts. that played for Watford had a tryout with the Whitecaps and didn't make it. he scored 19 goals in 8 game in Div2 he's the most skilled player with teh best touch I have seen. if he coudln't make the Whitecaps. I don't see your kids playnig pro. Lee and I also played with a guy that played in Scotland for Hib's youth team. and he told us time and time again how hard it was to make it. it's not negative it's the truth.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to have lots of money to make the caps. The pay is so shity that you go broke in a year. No good player wants to play for small coin if makes three times as much if they work for Pica Hot.
Caps are just as good as Top three teams in the Valley and top three teams in VMSL and in VISL.
They play friendly games and tie and only simetimes win. Milad has more skill than any one of the will ever have. And Adam Wallace is as good as any guy they have in the back line. It is only who they like and who is in the top circle.
Only when they go to MLS that you will see four guys with better skills better speed and strength. Guys you must think way more posative if any of our kids will ever make it.
You said it in your last post. It is not what you know it is who you know. That is why I am sending these few guys over there. I do know the people well. Young men will get a true chance with out a run around.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, Mr.Base, i had to mention this Pica Hot is spelled Pizza Hut. I just couldn't let that one slide. I mean that's a given. But good points though. :) I think it's quite obvious that the soccer infrastructure needed to develop young talent compared to Europe needs improving here, but has been improving. I think with the Whitecaps entering the MLS, the creation of the BCPL, that will increase even more so. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0