Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and banter - Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 3 draw is in and looks like we are about to face our toughest test to date (aside from Feb 11 of course Stallion). Looking forward to facing some div 2 competition to see what we may face next year. Any scouting reports on ND Titans?

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing for the Titans, but since Krank'd are going to have to face the team that beat us, here's one for them. Up front they didn't have too much to offer, fast but nothing to really worry about. Put pressure on their D and they make some bad plays. Their midfield is great however, guys on the outside can run forever and their inside guys, (4 & 8) will run the game. If you can shut them down you'll be fine, if not, you're in trouble.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 2 - Tsawassen 0

Different team from the first time we played, and the only team that's played as physical as us all year long. Scored in the first 10 off a 4 person collision at the 18 with their goalie, ball popped to our mid who put it in the empty net. Then it got chippy, a couple yellows handed out, then 2 straight reds, which were harsh. A bad tackle from behind on our player, he gets up, pushes the guy, guy pushes back, red card comes out. The ref said we'd think it's harsh but he wouldn't have this game get out of control so it is what it is. Sucks about all the cards because if we're not good this weekend, we'll be missing some key guys for Abby. 2nd goal was a nice through ball by moi to our forward who slotted it in the corner with about 5 left. Keeper only had 1 shot against, which brings his post winter break total to 3.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, so 6pm on a Friday night is a bit early for anyone. This is true. Driving all the way to Abbotsford to play a makeup game against a team that is surely going to put you in your place is equally unappealing I'm sure. But seriously, Punjab Tigers, have you not heard a little imvention called the telephone? They even make them in mobile now so you can call anyone from anywhere!

Bloody classless of you not show without a phone call. If you don't want to play us, fine. Call. Ask for a later start. Ask for a different date. Admit defeat. For Christ sake we would even come to your pitch if you ask nicely. Take your pick. But don't make 20 guys rush home from work, scarf down some chow and head out to the field, expecting a game. Absolute bullshit. Totally disrespectful and worthy of a fine or disqualification from the league in my opinion. Especially since this seems to be a habit for you. Get your shite sorted out. I'm just glad we are done with you for the year, and hopefully for good.

Nonetheless, I'm not suprised. As a matter fact I said to some of the boys at training last night that I had a feeling you wouldn't show. Even Torb told me he didn't expect you to show and said he was going to leave at 6pm if you weren't there. Seriously, what does that say about your team. One less team in Div 3C means no bye weeks. I'm for it...anyone else?

Storm8 out.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second the disqualification. I got off work early to get there on time. So now I am out an hour of pay. It's not that much, but it's money I could have earned. I honestly hope none of you show your faces in this league next year, and if you do... just forfeit games that get cancelled because you clearly aren't going to show for the remake. NO class whatsoever. Wasn't a complete waste of time. The boys stuck around for a little scrimmage. Probably a better game than we would have had anyways. Thanks for the two points.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel you pain about teams not showing up for games. we had a team not show up for a game we were playing on Thanksgiving Sunday night. We missed out on drinking and eating turkey to sand out in the rain and wait for a team that did not show. Absolutly no class. Teams like that should get there head out of there ass. You are preaching to the converted!

I will give you a scouting report on Stallion when you play him. He is soft. Hit him hard once and he is out of the game.

Its good to finally have some new people in the forum

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lostmytouch said:
I will give you a scouting report on Stallion when you play him. He is soft. Hit him hard once and he is out of the game.

Lick my balls :D I go in hard for everything. How many games in the last 2 years have you played? :D On another note,
Whalley 5 - Cloverdale 0
Me with the hat trick, shot, volley and header, pretty much the pinnacle of my sad soccer career :wa: We finally had the most complete game of the season, even missing 2 starting D. Great game to go in to our next game against Abby, hopefully my luck continues :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the combined standings after this weeks games, with a little tinkering as our great website show us losing to Tsawassen.

Group Team GP W T L GF GA PTS Diff
C Whalley Strikers 12 12 0 0 32 4 36 28
A Peace Arch Selects 15 11 2 2 60 20 35 40
B Poco City FC Warriors 12 9 0 3 46 24 27 22
B Westcoast SC 13 8 2 3 49 20 26 29
A Surrey Coyotes 11 8 2 1 30 17 26 13
A Surrey Pylons 13 8 1 4 32 12 25 20
C Abbotsford Storm 8 8 0 0 48 6 24 42
B SFC Bullets 13 7 3 3 26 21 24 5
A Surrey FC Pegasus 12 6 4 2 27 14 22 13
C Gobind FC 12 7 1 4 23 20 22 3
B Surrey Heat 11 7 0 4 25 16 21 9
B Sundowners FC 14 6 3 5 36 33 21 3
A LUFC Krank’d 12 6 2 4 26 16 20 10
A LUFC Rangers 13 5 3 5 29 24 18 5
B LUFC Chaos 12 4 3 5 18 16 15 2
A Guildford Coaches 13 4 3 6 18 31 15 -13
C Golden Ears Miners 9 4 2 3 23 10 14 13
A Aldergrove Utd 12 3 5 4 21 26 14 -5
B Surrey Decepticons 13 3 3 7 19 31 12 -12
B Surrey Storm 12 3 2 7 11 19 11 -8
C Cloverdale Rowdies 13 3 2 8 20 37 11 -17
C Poco City FC Rangers 13 3 0 10 7 48 9 -41
A Bradner Redshirts 9 2 2 5 15 23 8 -8
C Tsawwassen Royals "B" 11 2 1 8 7 26 7 -19
A Golden Ears Phoenix 13 2 1 10 16 45 7 -29
C Punjab Tigers 12 1 2 9 7 26 5 -19
A Poco City FC Pacific 13 1 1 11 11 47 4 -36
B Surrey Eagles 12 1 0 11 15 65 3 -50

Big matchup this weekend as the only 2 undefeated teams finally get to play :D

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How have you cliched? if you guys lose to Abby and draw Abby as you ahven't played them yet then wouldn't they win the league?

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did now know you swung that way Stal. Have you told your wife yet? I was celebrating you losing until I read your post about the website. I didn't thing you would lose to a team like that. It will happen next week against Abby though. I will put a case of beer on that with you if want.

I recall all my injuries resulting because I do go in hard. Anyways, this season I have not missed a game due to injury.....i am lucky i guess.

We came out on the loosing end of the Surrey Coyotes this weekend. It was a really good intense game. We outchanced them by 2 to 1 for sure. We gave up a marginal PK and one weak goal. The Coyotes winning goal was a cracker in extra time on a volley from about 25 yards out. Great goal! It just make it interesting for our last 3 games. I think we have to win them all to clinch promotion.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector,

You've finally come to your senses and realized that the Div. 3 forum is the place for you. I dont blame you, if I missed as many sitters as you I would probably think twice about my Div. 2 status as well :eek:

Lostmytouch,

Dont worry, the Phoenix will take care of the Coyotes for a second time. Especially, if Hector decides to transfer down and give us the finisher we need up front. :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
How have you cliched? if you guys lose to Abby and draw Abby as you ahven't played them yet then wouldn't they win the league?

We've clinched promotion as the top 2 teams move up, we do need to beat Abby to win the league.

Lostmytouch, I would defintely bet a case on the game, as I have good luck in betting you on stuff (Italy). We will have to play our best game of the year, as I'm sure they're in much better shape than we are. Congrats on playing a whole season, I know how frustrating it is and you had much worse luck than I've ever had the last couple years. I'll have to come to one of your games to collect I guess :D

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stallion,

Will you guys have your full squad for Sunday? I know you mentioned one of your boys got a red card on the weekend. Hopefully, your whole squad can play so we can give each other the best test possible. And finally, in the spirit of this fantastic site, I will enjoy sharing a pint with you after we win;) .

Cheers, Storm8

Upper Sumas 6pm Sunday is the place to be.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
Hey Stallion,

Will you guys have your full squad for Sunday? I know you mentioned one of your boys got a red card on the weekend. Hopefully, your whole squad can play so we can give each other the best test possible. And finally, in the spirit of this fantastic site, I will enjoy sharing a pint with you after we win;) .

Cheers, Storm8

Upper Sumas 6pm Sunday is the place to be.

With no cards on Sunday, we should have a full squad, possibly minus the last red card which we should find out tomorrow. Should be a cracker of a game, trying not to get hurt at practice :) If you win I'll buy you a pint!

Lostmytouch, what kind of beer are we betting?

KH, it was more of a question than a bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0