Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results and banter - Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can that kid still be growing, he'll hit his head on the crossbar if he gets any taller :) I'm pretty sure you guys have clinched, although Langley is playing pretty well right now. Since we're out of cup already :( all we have to look forward to is the rematch, although you'll finish first even if we win unless we beat Gobind and GEU by like 30. Looking forward to some redemption (and another great game).

Stallion

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
How can that kid still be growing, he'll hit his head on the crossbar if he gets any taller :) I'm pretty sure you guys have clinched, although Langley is playing pretty well right now. Since we're out of cup already :( all we have to look forward to is the rematch, although you'll finish first even if we win unless we beat Gobind and GEU by like 30. Looking forward to some redemption (and another great game).

Stallion

I will bet that you won't beat GEU by 30......its not the same team as you played early in the year!!

Although...you may be talking about the Miners...then yes maybe 30

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in, Westcoast SC vs. Whalley in an exhibition game this Sunday, 12 PM @ AHP Matthews. First in 3B vs. first in 3C. Should be a good game, looking forward to see how we stack up against the other group.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
storm6 said:
Take it to 'em Strikers. Show them we're not the "easy" division.

That's the plan, and I just found out last night about the rematch. It's Feb 22 at Bear Creek Park, probably around 7. This sucks for both teams as I hear your coach is having trouble getting players, and there are a bunch of us going to Wolfmother that night so we're going to be pretty short. Not the kind of game we both wanted for the rematch.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that date set in stone? Do we have an alternative? I will ask our coach tonite...we've got POCO for a make up game. Krank'D on sunday...looks like we should get a good game out of them. They seem to be on a bit of a roll lately in league and Cup.

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
Is that date set in stone? Do we have an alternative? I will ask our coach tonite...we've got POCO for a make up game. Krank'D on sunday...looks like we should get a good game out of them. They seem to be on a bit of a roll lately in league and Cup.

Cheers, Storm8

According to my coach they tried to change it but weren't allowed, and based on other stuff I've read here even if both teams were in favour of the change they still weren't able to postpone it. Hopefully something happens to have it changed, I really don't want to miss this game. Good luck on the weekend, I mean to Krank'd and PoCo ;)

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been silent,but we've broken the New Year curse!!!!!!!!!!! Heat 2-0 over Chaos.We just plain struggle after Xmas but finally got a W.They did play short a man then 2 but we still did what it takes to win.A workmanlike effort.Finally the pints had meaning after the match.We'll see the Bullets next week(hopefully they show)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Phoenix win again 2-0 last night good to see them turn around a horrible start, just a little to late thoughwith a few games left they might fnish middle of the pack????

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game cancelled vs. Westcoast today, Whalley told us they didn't want us playing on the field, although there was a game before and after that was still on. BS, the club is a joke.

RDM

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do I start.Ref lost control at 2 min in.Too bad.REd card for Krankd at 20 min in.Payed tight until 15 min left couple of loose goals and 2-0 is your score.I congratulate all my team mates on a game well played.I hold my head high as captain of a team that stepped up.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the keeper I must say i was thankful for the two corner posts as Abby was unlucky. Storm to be quite honest you guys showed up 1 hour or more before the game and warmed up. Yes you beat us 2-0 but as my first game against you I was really expecting more. Don't get me wrong you deserved the win. I just found that whalley was a tougher team for me. Your goalie is a freak of nature being that tall and young he is very coodinated.

I was proud my team could hold on as long as they could being a man down for 70 minutes.

Good luck in cup play next week. I would love a rematch.

I have alot of respect for #5 on your team. He never gave up and worked hard good game. Wish you the best in cup play and div 2 next year.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robj,RDM,

I agree with you guys on two points, the officating was brutal and if swinging legs at guys and diving in with studs up working hard, then work hard you did. By the way tell your #17
I said....SCOREBOARD:eek: !!

This was not our best match of the year. We struggled to gain control of the ball at first but we still carried the majority of the play. Yet again we found a way to win. That IS who we are. We don't want to lose...ever.

Robj, I know Whalley is a good team and they play hard...trust me, I was there when we beat them. As far as a rematch goes. We've beaten you twice now. I think we've proven our point.

Good luck in cup.

Cheers, Storm8

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
if swinging legs at guys and diving in with studs up working hard, then work hard you did. As far as a rematch goes. We've beaten you twice now. I think we've proven our point.

Good luck in cup.

Cheers, Storm8

The studs went up both ways. Yes we worked hard we were down a man for 70 minutes left and it was our sweeper that got the card. If the ref was going to give out cards for 50/50 balls like he did in that play you guys should have been fahked with your forwards. Read before you post I said I would love a rematch because I didn't play the first game against you.

If you think you dominated the score should have been a lot higher. Like I said for a team that warmed up for an hour you guys may have looked good before the game but didn't show much during the game. You will be middle of the pack in div 2 that is of course if you can keep your team together. Abbotsford has never been a consistent club.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised about the score too, especially with Krank'd being down a man. Better result than we had I'd say. Good teams will always find a way to win though, as I'm sure both of us have throughout the season (I think we've only played well in like 4 games this year). Apparently the rematch is being changed again (site still says Thursday @ 8, Bear Creek) and we should hear either today or tomorrow. I'm really hoping for Friday as I would like to play in this one.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robj,

I was at the first game against you guys and I did notice you had a different keeper. Did it matter? Apparently not...Sept 10/06 Storm 3 Krank'd 0. Of course we dominated you! How many times were you out of you own end in the second half? You don't have to score 10 to dominate, you only have to put the round thing in the square thing more times than the other team...something we have done 5 times to you now and you have done how many times to us?

I have an idea. For the "rematch" we can skip the formalities and go right to the last 15 minutes of the game where you choked and let in 2 goals.

As for your player who got the red card...telling the ref to 'fcuk off' is not a questionable call...that's one the ref got right. So rather than praise your team for hard work maybe you should tell your 'sleeper' to keep his yap shut, take the yellow and show some discipline. According to your logic that means he let you guys down.

Finally, not that we will ever make excuses but you should know that our whole team was playing in their second game in 3 days and two of our guys played the night before. We were understandibly coming in with less energy than we are accustomed to. Nonetheless, we survived the hacks and I will say it again...we found a way to win. But really all that should be said here is..."SCOREBOARD!"

Goodnight now. Storm8.

ps. get some bigger gloves.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temper Temper young man. You can breathe a deep sigh of relief. Ya you won, but like I said you are nothing more than a middle of the pack div 2 team.

If you actually read my first post I gave you guys some credit and did say you deserved the win. There is something called winning graciously which you obviously don't know anything about. As far as cutting me down if that makes you feel good I don't have to prove anything to you I have played Premier and for BC Selects my time is done. You on the other hand this will be your only glory Div 2 maybe Div 1 in five years like I said if you still have a team next year. Abbotsford is so up and down you guys are a joke as a club if two teams constitute a club.

Storm8 you must be a retard. When I say rematch I mean a second chance to play you. "I" means "me" since I didn't play the first time. This doesn't mean I think we can beat you it means I just wanted a second game against you.

As far as your excuse goes for being tired from playing Friday are you kidding me you played POCO. You guys are what 25 and under. We have not had a practise since October got on the field 15 minutes before the game and gave you a hard time. You had to bring two guys in from your div 1 team. Shite if you had to stack your team to beat us you must have been worried none of our players play for any other team.

As far as hacking goes you are just a pussy.

p.s. Next time you play put your vagina in your pocket and plays with some balls.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the Aldergrove - Peace arch Selects yesterday... not a bad game but peace arch has a lot of work if they want to move to div 2 next year... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0