Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the lions, mission game. not very exciting to watch to be honest, until mission get ryan back from suspension, and jesse back from injury this team will do nothing IMO. The game finished 2-2 which was pretty fair, saying neither team did anything special. Lions keeper made one great save and they should of had a penalty but other than that the game was really just two teams giving the ball away in midfield. Mission have 4 good player with two playing today a couple decent players, and then a bunch of players not good enough for div 2. I retract what i said earlier about this team doing anything this year, i will be suprised if they finish top 3. Lions didn't look anything great but it's early season so who knows if they have players missing so i won't judge them too much. all in all pretty boring game.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year the league automatically postponed our game with the coyotes as it was 7:30 on halloween. Maybe they'll do the same this year.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Acbc 6-3 LUFC Knights....

Game started horribly for us. Knights came out full speed and was 2-0 within 20minutes or so for the Knights in result to their hard work. We finally woke up and took over the game. We had about 10 shots over the net and did not take our chances smartly but we got one in before half so 2-1 at half. Second half again we came out flat they capitalized on a bad pass by yours truly and made it 3-1 but again we started taking over the game and scored 5 goals in the last 30minutes. We took the Knights for granted and they capitalized. There goalie made a few good saves and we hit 2 crossbars. Game in general was good and clean, few hard tackles. the refereeing was good as well, he let the game go and didnt dictate the flow.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya don't let the Bradner v. Knights score fool you, they only had 8 players and one of them was hurt. They still fought hard, never gave up. Good squad and a good bunch of guys. Hung around after the game for Beer and Burgers. Fcuking Ref gave they're keeper a yellow for show-boating after he scored a goal on a headder.

kaspro

Mar 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the lions, mission game. not very exciting to watch to be honest, until mission get ryan back from suspension, and jesse back from injury this team will do nothing IMO. The game finished 2-2 which was pretty fair, saying neither team did anything special. Lions keeper made one great save and they should of had a penalty but other than that the game was really just two teams giving the ball away in midfield. Mission have 4 good player with two playing today a couple decent players, and then a bunch of players not good enough for div 2. I retract what i said earlier about this team doing anything this year, i will be suprised if they finish top 3. Lions didn't look anything great but it's early season so who knows if they have players missing so i won't judge them too much. all in all pretty boring game.

Me and Ryan should both be back in 2 weeks, should make a big difference. that being said it would still be nice to pick up a few players. maybe josh when he's outa school

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. What a weekend :eek:

Young Guns pull the upset :D Love it...

Knights almost spoil it for ACBC

Bullets hung tough with us (Hmmm, who predicted that :rolleyes:)

Week #3 will be fun.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Acbc 6-3 LUFC Knights....

Game started horribly for us. Knights came out full speed and was 2-0 within 20minutes or so for the Knights in result to their hard work. We finally woke up and took over the game. We had about 10 shots over the net and did not take our chances smartly but we got one in before half so 2-1 at half. Second half again we came out flat they capitalized on a bad pass by yours truly and made it 3-1 but again we started taking over the game and scored 5 goals in the last 30minutes. We took the Knights for granted and they capitalized. There goalie made a few good saves and we hit 2 crossbars. Game in general was good and clean, few hard tackles. the refereeing was good as well, he let the game go and didnt dictate the flow.

let's b honest here...this game was complete domination!! The ball came into acbc's side 4 times the whole game! 3 being goals...all in all good bunch of guys,no arguing and talkin back,clean game

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
let's b honest here...this game was complete domination!! The ball came into acbc's side 4 times the whole game! 3 being goals...all in all good bunch of guys,no arguing and talkin back,clean game

sounds like u need some work on the back end... Is slowtelo back there? :eek::D

Blayzn1

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

How can you honestly call a game that you were trailing for 60 mins a domination. It was a good game you guys sure picked it up late in second. But we weren't without our chances. Sure you guys ended up with an impressive comeback, but I wouldn't go as far to say domination. Great game though hopefully Nomads-ACBC will be as exciting

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really was a domination but trailing. You had to see it. The knights scored on 2 chances they had and a third was our keeper clearing the ball off a guys chest and into the net from outside the 18. ACBC had 12 shots go over the net 3-4 sitters miss fire. all in the first half. Second half was the same but this half we scored instead of whoofing the chances. Both halfs were the same just the ball found the net the second half where it didnt the first. I have to admit when they went up 3-1 early in the second I was concerened but we talked at half and said we will win this ,just stay to the game plan and the ball will go in. And it did. (It had to if your an odds taker,thats how dominated they were)

Oh and the only thing exciteing about the Nomads ACBC game will be the Burgers and beers after the game provideing the Nomads bring their famous BBQ out.
Winners buy.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you honestly call a game that you were trailing for 60 mins a domination. It was a good game you guys sure picked it up late in second. But we weren't without our chances. Sure you guys ended up with an impressive comeback, but I wouldn't go as far to say domination. Great game though hopefully Nomads-ACBC will be as exciting

Yes complete domination...u can still dominate a game and trail!! Think of all those shots that went over the net,if those went in we would of hit double digits...we found a way to put our purses down b4 we shot in the second and capitalized! Domination!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blayzn1 is out to lunch you can absolutely dominate a game and even lose it, never mind ultimately winning 5 or 6 - 2...

We played the clones off the park two years ago during cup. They nicked a lucky/early goal and put 11 behind the ball for the rest of the game just to see Carniehore rip a beut with minutes left and then lose in PK's in game that we had over 75% of the possession in...

You can ABSOLUTELY dominate a game and lose.

Blayzn1

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I guess I have to get used to seeing things the TTP way... If you guys dominated while trailing that's fine. I retract my previous statement and replace it with this one. ACBC proved to be a tough team. While being "dominated" we managed to go up 3-1. We basically won but ACBC just scored more goals.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blayzn1 were you at the same game? Credit to you for running hard and finnishing the 2 chances you had and lucky you when our keeper banked a clearing kick off of a hard working forward who challanged a 60/40 ball out side the 18. If it wasnt for the guys effort towards blocking a clearing kick one might say fluke as remember he was out side the 18 and to try and do that again would be next to impossable. Still you ran hard at us.And credit is due. Other than that we controled 85% of the play and out shot you like 30 to 1. how many posts and crossbars did we hit. how many goaline sitters did we blunder. We couldnt hit the lake for falling off the pier.
to score 5 goals in like 30 minutes was how the whole game went aside from the ball actually crossing the line the other 60 minutes.
you may have led 3-1 but in no way were you in the game. (sounds funny but thats the way it was)
Look at the bright side, In a few months we get to do it all over again.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I can say I was pissed. No excuse but my keeper played defence and a new guy we were trying out played goal. we were very short. 1 sub and for us that is very very short as we have 35 or so on our roster...take a look at it. ..Ramadan(sp) was ending and all my Muslim players could not play due to the religous holiday. Infact for the last month none of my Muslim guys could eat or drink from sun up to sun down. Not even water. So they are all back for this week finnally.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I guess I have to get used to seeing things the TTP way... If you guys dominated while trailing that's fine. I retract my previous statement and replace it with this one. ACBC proved to be a tough team. While being "dominated" we managed to go up 3-1. We basically won but ACBC just scored more goals.
There is so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin.

ACBC's 'cat' team has been notorious for having weaker bench turnouts, playing a bit sloppy at the back end, and being able to rip good defensive teams apart with their attackers who are ALL Skilled.

The comment "We basically won but ACBC just scored more goals" is a ridiculous thing to say. From all accounts, I was not there but had people texting me the updates, you had 4 shots on net, 3 went in. They had over 75% of the posession, and at times you guys didn't have a sniff at the ball.

You then get humped in the second half for 4 or 5 goals!?

How is that "winning but ACBC scored more goals"?

Sounds to me like you guys were being played off the park and because a game is 90 minutes long and 45 minutes long ACBC's 12 guys in total humped your legion or small army of players right off the park...

you bastards did us no favours by shooting that across them, now they will have a deep bench and a pissed off lot of guys that we have to play this weekend ;)

JoeBlow

Nov 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin.

ACBC's 'cat' team has been notorious for having weaker bench turnouts, playing a bit sloppy at the back end, and being able to rip good defensive teams apart with their attackers who are ALL Skilled.

The comment "We basically won but ACBC just scored more goals" is a ridiculous thing to say. From all accounts, I was not there but had people texting me the updates, you had 4 shots on net, 3 went in. They had over 75% of the posession, and at times you guys didn't have a sniff at the ball.

You then get humped in the second half for 4 or 5 goals!?

How is that "winning but ACBC scored more goals"?

Sounds to me like you guys were being played off the park and because a game is 90 minutes long and 45 minutes long ACBC's 12 guys in total humped your legion or small army of players right off the park...

you bastards did us no favours by shooting that across them, now they will have a deep bench and a pissed off lot of guys that we have to play this weekend ;)

Take it easy cowboy. Deep breaths everything will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0