Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geu inter 2-1 coquitlam
kinda hard one to explain, they had 10 guys for the most part of the game. they scored really early we had kept the ball for a good 3 mins straight from kick off without them touching it, we give it away and their defender hoofs it up the field flick off lil indecisiveness and then a good finish put us down early. we carried on playing well, got our goal and on the play their defender got hurt leaving them with 10 guys. From then on IMO we dominated the game possession wise but had problems breaking down their defense and finally in the 2nd half a beauty goal from franchise sealed us the win and then the chances started rolling on with a disallowed goal but no more from us. 3 points on our first outing and the team just needs to gel then i believe we will become pretty solid in div 2. Good game by coquitlam though to say their numbers problem.

Pretty fair view....I feel they will have a tough time as they play the control punt down the field game which won't work in this div.

Pretty dissapointing as it shouldn't have been this close....lots of new faces on the team and it won't take long till we gel as a team.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty fair view....I feel they will have a tough time as they play the control punt down the field game which won't work in this div.

Pretty dissapointing as it shouldn't have been this close....lots of new faces on the team and it won't take long till we gel as a team.

of course the punt didnt work. it never will but we had 10 men for 70 mins of play and were missing 7 starting guys tonight. you controlled the play because we didnt have numbers covering positions and were exhausted by half time. Given that we had 2 call ups from div 3 and our goalie missing as well as our starting centre backs and midfield we still held you guys pretty well. As for inter they are a decent bunch of guys but easily beatable. good midfield and forward line but their defence is suspect. 10 men and we could have scored 2-3. oh well, NCOQ down 2 to start hopeully we will have players and actually be able to start the season...

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed the Titans tied the Gunners 0-0. Good result for a young team, points will be really tough in this Division

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
of course the punt didnt work. it never will but we had 10 men for 70 mins of play and were missing 7 starting guys tonight. you controlled the play because we didnt have numbers covering positions and were exhausted by half time. Given that we had 2 call ups from div 3 and our goalie missing as well as our starting centre backs and midfield we still held you guys pretty well. As for inter they are a decent bunch of guys but easily beatable. good midfield and forward line but their defence is suspect. 10 men and we could have scored 2-3. oh well, NCOQ down 2 to start hopeully we will have players and actually be able to start the season...

You shouldn't have been tired I didn't see you move all game from your circle up front:p

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another ugly game for us, which we were able to keep close with only nine of our guys. Inter is a strong team and could have easily blown the game wide open but missed a few opportunities. I was a bit shocked after we opened the score on a counter attack after Inter controlled the ball for the first 10min. I missed their first goal after I made a play on the ball and our goalie, without saying anything, came out and slid and took my legs out causing me to land on my face and ultimately hurt back. Inter controlled basically the rest of the game, with us only having a handful of attacks going forward. Franchise scored a beauty of a goal to take the lead and the rest is history. Good clean game, looking forward to our next matchup and hopefully I can play more than 15min.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford 3 - ND Titans 1

As onlygoals said it was a quick game for the first half. Lots of good ball movement by both teams and some glorious chances. A bit biased, but we had the better chances in the first missing at least three from 6 yards in. Could have and probably should have been up at the half. Guildford came out the better team in the second half and got up 3. They had a couple beauty free kicks from 20 yrds out, but just missed, caught bar or were stopped by an amazing save. Fortunately we didn't give up and kept pushing til the end. Some good chances in the last 10 and managed to get one back.

Guildford is an improved team from last year, but knowing we can hang with them and that on any given day that game could have gone either is a bit of comfort to take from a loss.

Good luck to everyone else. On to next week...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We also have a game scheduled for Halloween night that we want to change because 1/2 our team has young kids.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Gers 1 - 1 WRU

Rangers played well, dominated the first half, but didn't take their chances.

2nd half they scored almost straight from kick-off.

We eventually started to play a bit better, and got an equaliser, before, missing a penalty for the win.

Both teams had chances to win the game towards the end, but draw probably fair result in the end.

Best grass pitch I've played on since starting footie over here...no sand dunes or sprinklers in sight, pity it wasn't cut before we played otherwise it would have been a perfect day out in the sun.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 5 - 4 SFC Bullets

At least 2 PK's for the Bullets

The ref was unbelievable in this game. I wouldn't say he was horrible, but he was so power driven that he took the flow right out of the game by blowing everything down.

we dominated the 1st half, went up 3-0 (could have been 5) to half. 10 min into the 2nd half, we came out sluggish but all was good still, then the ref gives the most ridiculous pk i have ever seen. Ball was dumped into the 18 yard box, i dive forward to get to it first, perry it away to the end line for a corner and the forward falls over my trailing feet after i had already perried the ball away and gives a pk? unreal. what made it even worse was 5 min later he gives another one! (more deserving). 3-2 and the whole game was changed and got wild after that. No defence. we go up 4-2, they come back 4-3. we go counter for 5-3 and they score again with 2 min left off a bounce around garbage goal to make it close 5-4.

all in all, very ugly game. should not have been that close at all, but a) lots of credit to the SFC Bullets for not giving up and giving us a hell of a time, b) 3 points is 3 points with lots of guys missing, so well take it and move on to ACBC next week.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
House Arrest...just noticed we play on Halloween at 6pm. Any way we can change that?

ya buddy, im down with that, but its your home field for that game, so if you can do it, just let me know. Im good with anything you wanna do, and im sure our whole team would feel the same way. Look into it and let me know

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ps.

word on the street is the mighty hyped Red Devils lost to the Young Guns today 3-1. Almost predicted that one (predicted 3-2). Knew the Young Guns would give them lots of trouble.

Ill let Supersub handle the game report.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did Bradner beat the Knights 7-2 - thought the Knights were the team to beat (after the Devils)?....Franchise, any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0