Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
It is interesting to see that after one week people are writing us off. See us back in Div 3??? Not going to happen. Shaven, you should know better. Considering we have been feeding FC for the past three years with our higher skilled players players...we still not only stay competitive, we win our share of games. It is a long season boys, and it's not over yet.

Nationals 3 Hades 1

Isn't this game tomorrow, Sunday?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to Poco City Athletic next week, DFC looked a little better but not there yet, need to bury their chances s litttle better.

Let me open the betting table early.
Clearly there will be at least one person accepting this weeks wager.
DFC to beat Poco Pathetic, beer is the currency.

Predition, Sliver with another speckie(that boy has a noggin on him) &
Sliver wins the Tarnished Copper Boot in Div 2 C.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I think a tarnished copper 8-ball jacket would be more appropriate.

Hee Hee.

I'm betting Sliver has one of those in his closet hoping it will make a comeback, if not he can borrow Snowmans.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 2-0 North Coquitlam

After a less than stellar beginning where we seemed still in shock from last week, we came together and put together a solid 70 minutes. We really controlled the game and started to run at them and they were not so receptive of it. Our first goal was a cheeky one as our player heeled the cross and put it past their goalie. We had plenty of chances, the majority of possession and control on the flow of the game. Their backline is not strong. They are slow, with the exception of one, and seem lost at times. Their real strength is their mid and front line. Especially #10 if anyone from div 2A remembers him from last year. Our second goal came off a missed pk as our player sent the goalie the wrong way, hit the post and I came in and finished it off. They have a solid keeper who is very good at getting behind the ball. We gave away a pk but true to form, our keep stopped the shot and the resulting scramble. A much improved effort, but we still have a ways to go to return to last year's form, but it was nice to see flashes of it again.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:
Isn't this game tomorrow, Sunday?

Good nutter, all that hard work through the summer to learn the seven days of the week has paid off...If we haven't played the game, it must be...that's right nuttbar, a prediction. Thanks for playing. :rolleyes:

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Port Moody Lions 1 Poco City Athletic 1.
1-1 at half, we were unlucky not to be up at half, but the second half Moody dominated, we were lucky to get a point. Moody missed a PK with about 15m to go.
Stupid Sat game againt DFC Boost next week. We are already going to be missing 5 guys for Sat because of a wedding. Who gets a Saturday home field time?

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Nationals 1 North Coquitlam Hades 1

A good result away. I take back what I've said, Hades are pretty much the same team we've seen in the past. They have always been successful against us. They had most of the ball and chances in the first half, and after a marking error by myself, found our selves down 1 nill.

I thought we were better in the second and found ourselves fortunate to tie in the 85th minute after a blunder in their back line.

Not a win but our first points in the division against last years top finisher.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
It is interesting to see that after one week people are writing us off. See us back in Div 3??? Not going to happen. Shaven, you should know better. Considering we have been feeding FC for the past three years with our higher skilled players players...we still not only stay competitive, we win our share of games. It is a long season boys, and it's not over yet.

Nationals 3 Hades 1
im not stirring the pot here backline you know me..but you dont really feed us i mean we have players on or team that played with you but they asked to come to ours we are not out there trying to steal your guys..im pretty sure that not what you ment but i just wanted to clarify...good result anyhow..take from the tie and learn and next week come back with a win...out

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We practice on the same pitch, we are club affiliates, If a good player wants to play with the higher level team on his own or with some convincing, so be it. My point was that we despite losing some of our talent, we have always done well... OK maybe that first year was not so good. But whatever, I will say that I don't think Shaven really gets Wells too well. Honestly, cause if you don't want those of us who support FC coming out, and are going to let a first year player be the one to tell us in a tirade, then good luck... Cause you know we are way to stubborn to stop now, especially cause Shaven hates us so :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Looking forward to Poco City Athletic next week, DFC looked a little better but not there yet, need to bury their chances s litttle better.

Let me open the betting table early.
Clearly there will be at least one person accepting this weeks wager.
DFC to beat Poco Pathetic, beer is the currency.

Predition, Sliver with another speckie(that boy has a noggin on him) &
Sliver wins the Tarnished Copper Boot in Div 2 C.

Yeah I will bet on your premier team playing a div 2 team good bet.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played a scrappy Aldergrove club today. We went up 1-0 at about 20 minutes with a nice build up to our striker (Sean Kelly), who did some great individual work inside the box to slot one home. With literally one second left in the half, they score the equalized on a free kick where one man was left open. Those are tough to take.

Second half, we took the lead (Utah, header off a cross), at about 60 minutes, and again it wasn't long before they scored the equalized on a brilliant shot from about 40 off the wing. With five minutes to go, we scored the winner off a well taken free kick (Hayes and a 90 MPH knuckleball).

Again, missing a couple of key guys; myself and Funky in the back filling in as stopper & sweeper. At times we looked very good moving the ball, at others...still disorganized.

Nice to get the 3. Aldergrove is a bitch to play, especially on their pitch.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 2 - Abbotsford SC 0

we moved the ball around nicely and controlled the game start to finish.

Abby played short men and we just played keep away.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b clones 0 aldergrove ind 4
scoreline is a just result alderbush outworked us all day and were rewarded for thier efforts .no numbers today for the clones and no where near enough heart . if we dont get stronger it will be a long season

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw one of the players from the Hades the other night at the bar and he said that they have a completely new team. Is there any truth to this? Frankly, I'm glad cuz that little jerk has had a pk against us almost every game we've played against him...i think even going back to youth.

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
We got our asses handed to us tonight by a great young fast team Port Moody Gunners listen up 2A these guys can play, every single one of them is fast and has a great touch if Langley doesn't win 2a then my money is on these young guys, I thought the top three will be Langley, Tsawwassen, North Coquitlam I didn't think Port Moody would be anything special boy was I wrong :rolleyes: they should really push for top spot.
wow i didnt expect to see that posted...thanks for that tho, gg as well :D

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sam1 said:
if this is the same port moody team im thinking of then you're right Kevin. this team is full of talent backed by the best coach in the business. in fact i dont just guarantee this team to win the division but in due time , they'll be the top premiere team in the league.
thats what happens when you get a bunch of 18-20 year olds who won every cup possible in the u21s with a dedicated coach like Bob.
keep an eye on these guys!

amen, moody's looking strong all over the divisions this year and for awhile to come.

brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0