Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
They are looking forward to a gimme game, the timing of your trip couldn't have been better.

There may be no good players every to exist in Coquitlam but lets not get started on Aldergrove.

Did you know that aldergrove is native for standinginfieldwithmatchingjerseysbutmoveslikeapilon ?

2a Aldergrove 3 N. Coquit. 2

Nice to get our first win and I believe we deserved it... we went up 1-0 in the first hafe and really did dominate and put in two early ones in the second and then hit cruise control which also means we let up... they came up with two goals in 5 mins but we got back to our game plan and should have salted it away but overall it was a great game of soccer both teams played hard and it was a fairly clean game which was nice to see... on to the sfc stars... looking for another W...

cheers
Cantuzzi #10

P.S. thanks for the motivation...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
We should have walked away with a 4-2 victory, but their keeper challenged well on our striker's 4 sure thing opportunites. He did make theor defence look quite bad a coupple of times.

manager
is this striker you speak of big scotty?? if so, i understand your argument, as it is quite rare for him to miss any chances.......although i heard he wasn't coming back this year.

i took in the DMU vs. PML game out in ladner yesterday, as i had to go to the H for x-rays anyways.......very impressed with both teams.... :rolleyes:. can't wait for this sundays match with the lions.......to bad i'll be watching from the sidelines :mad: .

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
is this striker you speak of big scotty?? if so, i understand your argument, as it is quite rare for him to miss any chances.......although i heard he wasn't coming back this year.

No. not Scotty...I believe his in an over 35's league this year. It's our other big striker Robbie, who has some deceptive speed at times; for a big guy. their goalie really came up big for them...

manager

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored - Shift.... Very nicely downplayed....

Canuckleheed - Very optimistic

Poco did apply good pressure for the first 10 to 15 min, until DFC woke up, then it was a cat and mouse affair with DFC teasing with the ball and Poco doing their best to break a leg on late tackles. Understandable when you get toyed with that the other team will take liberties. Canuckboy being one of the worst out there. Late tackles from behind and just running people. Bad form Can-Boy, I expected better from you, but I was warned you'd be like that... Nice hit by the way when I was going up for the header and you steamrolled me with without even looking up for the ball... at least you gave me the opportunity to watch a few games instead of having to go to all the trouble of suiting up and running around... might be back in two weeks or so, so thanks for that :rolleyes:

I'm totally choked at Kevin Uppal for taking so much leniency with his calls... He spent more time carding and warning DFC for complaining about vicious tacles and intentional fouls than he did for vicious tackles themselves... We get a yellow for lining up too close on a free kick, and we lose players with bloody noses, or injuries from late tacles, and it's play on.... I'm sure he felt he could whistle every play, but but with Poco's inferior players, he figured it would have been a one sided score anyway... JB did the same last week with the Wolves. These ref's have to start protecting players from thugs who's only intent is to crack an ankle. It's shocking!!

Second half it was complete domination except for about a 5 min spurt 10 minute in. (correction: Bored, it was 2 crossbars and 3 posts in the second alone)... and you didn't mention the 15 or so that whistled by the posts...

This game definitely flattered Poco... BY A LONG SHOT. If not for St's in net it could have been 2 for them early, but if 1/4 of the SURE opportunities at the other end, it could have been ugly.

If that game isn't the ultimate wake up call for DFC, it'll be an UGLY underachieving season. Still missing a few key players on the park, but if we continue like this, we'll end up mid pack...

Last thing C-boy..... a mix of Pacific pil. and Bud are (or shouldn't be called) beer... collecting leftovers after a party and using it to pay off a bet is pathetic... had you won we had ice cold Canadian. Again, bad form.... but I expect nothing less... Classless act from a classless player....

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I'm totally choked at Kevin Uppal for taking so much leniency with his calls... He spent more time carding and warning DFC for complaining about vicious tacles and intentional fouls than he did for vicious tackles themselves... We get a yellow for lining up too close on a free kick, and we lose players with bloody noses, or injuries from late tacles, and it's play on.....

In our game two weeks ago I got my head cut open by a flagrent elbow going up for a header and it was no call... :rolleyes: At least he's consistant...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
In our game two weeks ago I got my head cut open by a flagrent elbow going up for a header and it was no call... :rolleyes: At least he's consistant...
Sure.... it's all about you isn't it?!?!?!
WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW....... :rolleyes: ;)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Sure.... it's all about you isn't it?!?!?!
WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW....... :rolleyes: ;)

I thought this was about Kevin's calls???

Sounds like you need some love there guru...a little hug from mom or dad? ;)

manager

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So are the Tigers gonna be getting the points from DFC due to the fact they were using a player or two that was suspended only to have that one player scoring the winning goal for them in there match? I've heard something is in the works. Rex are you guys cheating again.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I'm totally choked at Kevin Uppal for taking so much leniency with his calls... He spent more time carding and warning DFC for complaining about vicious tacles and intentional fouls than he did for vicious tackles themselves...
have you conciderd calling up some of the coachmen for your rematch against them??? they are experts of the late/vicious tackle, intentional foul, professional foul, intent to injur and even complaining about made/missed calls...... :D
Last thing C-boy..... a mix of Pacific pil. and Bud are (or shouldn't be called) beer... collecting leftovers after a party and using it to pay off a bet is pathetic... had you won we had ice cold Canadian. Again, bad form.... but I expect nothing less... Classless act from a classless player...
that is one of the most classless things i've ever heard, and as i see guru, it ranks right up there on the scale with him taking you out for a couple weeks :( . absolute TRASH!!!! the BORED of dirrectors for your team laid it out, plain and simple.....MOLSON CANADIAN.....oh yeah...and ice cold.
canibringfour40ouncersofOEinsteadofcanadianincaseweloose :D ?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
have you conciderd calling up some of the coachmen for your rematch against them??? they are experts of the late/vicious tackle, intentional foul, professional foul, intent to injur and even complaining about made/missed calls...... :D that is one of the most classless things i've ever heard, and as i see guru, it ranks right up there on the scale with him taking you out for a couple weeks :( . absolute TRASH!!!! the BORED of dirrectors for your team laid it out, plain and simple.....MOLSON CANADIAN.....oh yeah...and ice cold.
canibringfour40ouncersofOEinsteadofcanadianincaseweloose :D ?
I won't comment on the coachmen.... not my place...

Bored did specify type and temp. Can Boy is daft as a bleedin' brush... If we lose the rematch, expect outdated homebrew!

Explain OE.... I only know Canadian mmmmmbeer :)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
I thought this was about Kevin's calls???

Sounds like you need some love there guru...a little hug from mom or dad? ;)

manager
Oh ya...... Kevin..... sorry.

I'm up for the hugs..... Tell yer mom I'll be at Best turf Sunday night.... I could use that hug...... if she can't make it, yer dad will be fine.... but he better be cute like a dancing pumpkin.... :bronco:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, does make some good points there in his rant. The reffs should make calls based on the tackle not whom applied it or whom it was against. Bad tackles are bad tackles, missing the call usually means more bad tackles or worse will follow. Usually because players think they have to sort it out themselves.

I would say that Guru is having his period but he went through the big M last year.

Dewdney v Arsenal next week. A Sunday night game too, can I make a prediction on this thread? Don't want to upset anyone.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru you only had to look at his name Canuck and Boy he wishes he could be playing Hockey to expensive so he er tries to play soccer :eek: and he's just a wee Lad :rolleyes: and I know at your age Guru it takes a long time to heal ;)

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice personal attack Guru, from the way you make it sound I should problably be locked up and the key thrown away.

I play soccer hard, did when I was 10 still do at 30. My tackle on you was not meant to be dirty, I was going for the ball. If you don't believe me, fine, I really don't care.
I also was banged up on Saturday, I got a vicious hack to my ankle that I am icing now at work, but I'm not crying about it.

It's interesting that you bring up class. I think your post clearly illustrates that you have none. I think that "poorsport", and "crybaby",are terms that would suit you nicely.

As far as the game. Clearly DFC is not the dominant force they thought they would be. 2C is wide open with at least half the teams with a shot at top spot.

As far as the beer, I didn't realize that people in Maple Ridge had such sensitive palettes. That mixture of beer is good enough for us, I'm sorry if it didn't meet with your high standards.

And just for the record 0 red cards 0 yellow cards this year.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
2C is wide open with at least half the teams with a shot at top spot.
There can be only one! and there is no way that half the teams have a shot at top spot, possibly 2 or 3 but that will be more clear after 6-8 games

canuckboy said:
As far as the beer, I didn't realize that people in Maple Ridge had such sensitive palettes. That mixture of beer is good enough for us, I'm sorry if it didn't meet with your high standards.
Apology accepted and now you know, Lucky for me I grabbed the lone Canadian.

PS: I hope your Dad isn't angry that you stole his beer. Last thing you need is to 'not whine about the viscious beating he gave you'

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
So are the Tigers gonna be getting the points from DFC due to the fact they were using a player or two that was suspended only to have that one player scoring the winning goal for them in there match? I've heard something is in the works. Rex are you guys cheating again.

The goal scorer in that game is not in question.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Nice personal attack Guru, from the way you make it sound I should problably be locked up and the key thrown away.
That won't be necessary... what goes around comes around.

canuckboy said:
I play soccer hard, did when I was 10 still do at 30. My tackle on you was not meant to be dirty, I was going for the ball. If you don't believe me, fine, I really don't care.
It wasn't a tackle, you frieght-trained through Shifty's chest with an elbow knocking the wind out of him, and came straight at me from a long ball from your keeper. You had no idea where the ball was when I went in the air and you ran at me fulltiltoutofcontrollhellbentforinjuring. I have no doubt you don't mean to be dirty, unskilled players usually all play like that to make up for what they lack.

canuckboy said:
I also was banged up on Saturday, I got a vicious hack to my ankle that I am icing now at work, but I'm not crying about it.
..... ahhhh...... you just did :rolleyes:

canuckboy said:
It's interesting that you bring up class. I think your post clearly illustrates that you have none. I think that "poorsport", and "crybaby",are terms that would suit you nicely.
As I said, I didn't think you were like that, but I was warned you were.

canuckboy said:
As far as the game. Clearly DFC is not the dominant force they thought they would be. 2C is wide open with at least half the teams with a shot at top spot.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

canuckboy said:
Well... now you know..... we don't consume swill in MR like the rubbies in Poco...

canuckboy said:
Good on ya.... that'll show me eh! :rolleyes:

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
not a bad idea, rampage. Guru wasn't the only one sore after games, and your not the only one icing ankles.

canuckboy said:
If you were still ten it wouldn't have mattered, take into account the size difference.

canuckboy said:
wah wah wah.

canuckboy said:

poor sport eh? is that because the old guru retaliated on the young, fit "soccer player" and now your in hospital?

canuckboy said:
3 games in...we shall see.

canuckboy said:
this is the fairest thing I've seen from you, good on you, and good on bored for accepting the appology. situation resolved.

canuckboy said:
I think this unfairness of that situation has been addressed.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
old english malt liquor........paper bag drinking :wa:

Don't know what that is.... BUT IF IT AIN'T CANADIAN, IT'S CRAP! to be said with a stoopud Scottish accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts