Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Sept. '05

Who will be the most "popular" Div. 2 TTP'er by month's end?

• walls

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Soccer Mom

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bored

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Guru

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nationals 4-0 GEU Titans :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
this game could have really got out of hand as it was total domination from the opening kick off. the only shot they had came after our fourth goal when the guy taking the kick shot it from center first touch :confused: . the majority of our 90 minute guys played 65-70mins last night. feels good to get some of the others in and let the work-horses have a break. next week is the real test.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough break kev. maybe next time. how many in a row is that now? 8?

we've got a good tester next week against the gunners. i hear they're trouble, and their game against the coyotes today will be useless in terms of sizing them up :rolleyes:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We just had a hard fought game agianst the ND Titans 1-1 was the final against our aging SFC Stars team. Once again, I felt like we outweighed them and were their senior on average of 10-15 years. We should have walked away with a 4-2 victory, but their keeper challenged well on our striker's 4 sure thing opportunites. He did make theor defence look quite bad a coupple of times.

as for the ref, he was pretty consitent in calling any challenge a foul and carded me for getting my back jumped on by one of their players attempting an ambitious header off our goal kick that I was first up for. I question the judgement made by many refs at this level :rolleyes:

If it wasn;t for the penalty kick awarded them mid way through the second, we would have clinched our first victory. oh well, should'u would'u could'u..... :rolleyes: on to aldergrove next weekend...

manager

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to disagree with the manager on them walking away with a victory as we outchanced them severly and were quite unfortunate that our forwards were not too potent today. Just because you guys have 4 shots doesn't mean you should get four goals as good as your striker is. Our backline had three injured and one unable to make it to the game. As for the pk, we should have been awarded two others, both clearcut fouls. We controlled the game and the flow and on a better day would have won, but our striker is struggling right now. Your yellow card was a mystery but you didnt challenge for the ball in the air and just ducked so it was a foul. All in all, a lost opportunity for us to keep pace at the top.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 1 - North Coquitlam Hades 1

Great soccer day today, weather was superb. We didn't bring our A game today, perhaps maybe our C+ game, but not good enough. We dominated the opening 10, but then let North Coq wake up. We battled back and forth for the remaining 80 mins, both scoring late in the game. North Coq seemed like a reasonable team, 2 or 3 quite skilled players but they don't look like they have it together 100% as a team yet.

I believe we were outshot badly again, possible 12 or so to 5. We are still not generating enough shots.

Later.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (LUFC "Athletic") beat some team 5-2 last night down at the turf. A few posts on our part, combined with the fact that both of their goals were off sloppy, dumb errors by us only kep this one from being a bad drubbing.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What he really meant to say was:

Dude said:
We (LUFC "Athletic") beat some team 5-2 last night down at the turf. A few posts on our part, combined with the fact that both of their goals were off sloppy, dumb errors by me only kep this one from being a bad drubbing.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
I have to disagree with the manager on them walking away with a victory as we outchanced them severly and were quite unfortunate that our forwards were not too potent today. Just because you guys have 4 shots doesn't mean you should get four goals as good as your striker is. Our backline had three injured and one unable to make it to the game. As for the pk, we should have been awarded two others, both clearcut fouls. We controlled the game and the flow and on a better day would have won, but our striker is struggling right now. Your yellow card was a mystery but you didnt challenge for the ball in the air and just ducked so it was a foul. All in all, a lost opportunity for us to keep pace at the top.

I think you guys out ran us, but out chanced would be a bit of a streach. You guys moved the ball well on the big field and used your speed to your advantage. You also had a few good cracks but shot wide every time. rarely did our keeper have to make a clear cut save on a sure thing from your forwards. Good game and I look forward to playing you guys again.

cheers,

manager

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoMo Lions 3 DMU 2

Good Game with some great chances, game play was about 50/50 tired and sore going to get a 6er and go to my hot tub.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another season means I get to become a TTP viewer and occasional respondent again. Anyway, the business at hand.

1-1 ND Titans vs. SFC Stars

I think the best way to sum up this game is "missed opportunities". For the most part, we outplayed the Stars but our finish was nowhere to be seen today. We started extremely flat...again, but rebounded in the second half with a lot more effort. For the most part, we controlled the play and possession, however their striker had the occasional run and took full advantage everytime to create himself a chance. Quite the opportunist. Luckily for us, and unlucky for you....the chances he had were not burried (except for one).

All in all, it was a decent game. Both teams missed good chances and a draw is only fitting. Maybe by next week we will have found our scoring touch. If we can, then our chances of getting back up to the tops of the table should be good.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 3 - Five Corners FC 0

Bad game today, we played well enough to win but have to get better.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
Poco City United 3 - Five Corners FC 0

Bad game today, we played well enough to win but have to get better.

jesus christ 3 games in 3-0 with no goals against, you guys are playing terrible! :wa:

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clones 2 non beercats 2
good effort from the young bearcats today as i think they only had one sub we were strong with 18 plus today and needed all of them bearcats up 2-0 with ten to go we worked hard against ten men as a sending off happened and managed to score our first goals of the year to gain a tie .not really good enough if we are expecting to challenge poco and the top teams but a move in the right direction

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socermom going back to Div3 it's four in a row :rolleyes: we tied you guys the first game and after that you guys won four straight one at your park that year two in the Knights league and last night and #8 has scored the winner I think everytime :eek:

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, If I'm not mistaken this should be the new standings for Div 2C:

club ----- pts

PoMo ---- 7
Dewd ---- 6
DMU ----- 6
LUFC ---- 5
Coq ----- 4
ND ------ 4
PoCo ---- 4
NC ------ 2
Wolves -- 0
Titans --- 0

Any Corrections...do 'em yourself.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another okaygame for the Titans, but we have not plaed at the level I think we ca play at yet. Too many missed opportunities. It is very frustrating for myself, and probably for Bluenose and Titan4life (both defenders) to give up 1 goal in 3 games and only have 5 points to show for it. Of our 3 goals, 2 have been scored by Bluenose. We definatley need to get going up front and missing both of our starting outside midfeilders really killed us today. Oh well, on to next week, see if we can't pull off a win on our home soil...uh black pebble things....whatever.

P.S. well done Nationals, a good win for you guys. A few more of those will prove you belong in the ND club. No offense on that one, but our club is used to winners (ND Lions: Back to Back Knights cup champs, NDFC, 2-time Faser Valley Finalist and Div. 2 Group A winners, ND Titans: U-21 Cup champs and President's Cup champs.) Hope you guys can add to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0