Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 3 - Aldergrove United 3

PCU up 3 after 30 minutes and thoroughly dominating. Not sure Aldergrove new what was going on. Then the meltdown...

Aldergrove with one back before half on a cross which was misplayed and then an unmarked man on the far post. That seemed to give Aldergrove all they needed as they worked their butts off and ran plenty.

A couple more breakdowns in the second half and Aldergrove eventually tied it up with about 20 minutes to go. Poco put one off the bar with about 15 left and Aldergrove missed a prime opportunity to put it away on a quick free kick from outside the box to their striker who shite his pants to put it high over the bar.

As with 2 weeks ago and GEU, too many guys were passengers and it cost us another 2 points. That's a killer with Clones still in the hunt and the Hurricanes hitting their top form. A dispay like today next week and the 'Canes will walk away with 3 points. Hope I'll be able to make that game... Should be a good match.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

PCU up 3 after 30 minutes and thoroughly dominating. Not sure Aldergrove new what was going on. Then the meltdown...

Aldergrove with one back before half on a cross which was misplayed and then an unmarked man on the far post. That seemed to give Aldergrove all they needed as they worked their butts off and ran plenty.

A couple more breakdowns in the second half and Aldergrove eventually tied it up with about 20 minutes to go. Poco put one off the bar with about 15 left and Aldergrove missed a prime opportunity to put it away on a quick free kick from outside the box to their striker who shite his pants to put it high over the bar.

Kudos to Aldergrove who never gave up. It could have been easy to pack it in after being down 3 early.

As with 2 weeks ago and GEU, too many guys were passengers and it cost us another 2 points. That's a killer with Clones still in the hunt and the Hurricanes hitting their top form. A dispay like today next week and the 'Canes will walk away with 3 points. Hope I'll be able to make that game... Should be a good match.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like poco wants 2b to be a much tighter race that i first thought.with a couple of suspect results the last few weeks they are letting the canes and clones back in the hunt. a huge game next week as poco and hurricanes go at each other .from our stand point anoth tie would be just fine for those two as long as we win against the tigers

Magpie

Jun 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 2 WRU 2

I wish I could say the game was as close as the score indicates but the royals really did have a lot more of the play than we did . We did play very well at the back and I think that was the most defining factor on the score . The royals were dominant in carrying the ball up the field but seemed to have to settle for 20 & 25 yard chances .

I guess the game is best explained the same way as Chelsea vs. Bolton . When the Chelsea manager ( whose name I just can"t remember right now ) was asked if there 2-2 score line was accurate he said Bolton played well enough to earn some respect but he thought they shouldn't have finished with a point .

Royals FC

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magpie said:
Royals 2 WRU 2

I wish I could say the game was as close as the score indicates but the royals really did have a lot more of the play than we did . We did play very well at the back and I think that was the most defining factor on the score . The royals were dominant in carrying the ball up the field but seemed to have to settle for 20 & 25 yard chances .

I guess the game is best explained the same way as Chelsea vs. Bolton . When the Chelsea manager ( whose name I just can"t remember right now ) was asked if there 2-2 score line was accurate he said Bolton played well enough to earn some respect but he thought they shouldn't have finished with a point .
Thanks for the recognition Magpie. That is pretty much how I felt about the game too. You guys fought hard and I can see why you guys beat solid teams. I felt we did have the run of the match, and outchanced you guys by a large margin, but again our inability to make the most of our chances killed us. I think what Mourinho said pretty much sums out how I feel about the game as well. You guys have skill up front, and a hard working defence. Good group of guys on WRU. Never take them lightly.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
What game were you playing....we dominated you all first half and you captilzied on two miss cues by our defense....Are you the homer who missed from the 6 yard line??? Hard faught match none the less. Two no goals :confused: They were both blowen dead before either where shot because of oppsides!

Good luck next week! Franchise gets denied this week :( I really thought the top corner shot was going in. I sure made your sweeper look foolish all game though....it was priceless when he asked for a sub because I was beating him everyone time. :D

Port Moody next week for us

Man the system we play wouldn't make anyone look good!

Franchise you are a beauty, your own teammates were telling me what a ****y punk you are, you're so awsome you have exactly 0 goals all year. You made our sweeper look so bad you didn't score, wow. Yeah I was the guy that missed on the six, got a goal called back for a close offside call, set up two goals, and just missed on a half breakaway, I didn't make anybody look bad out there, I just helped my teammates look good. To be fair your defence are a classy bunch, and your keeper played well. I'm sure if you guys had a proper striker you would at least be in the middle of the pack.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Franchise you are a beauty, your own teammates were telling me what a ****y punk you are, you're so awsome you have exactly 0 goals all year. You made our sweeper look so bad you didn't score, wow. Yeah I was the guy that missed on the six, got a goal called back for a close offside call, set up two goals, and just missed on a half breakaway, I didn't make anybody look bad out there, I just helped my teammates look good. To be fair your defence are a classy bunch, and your keeper played well. I'm sure if you guys had a proper striker you would at least be in the middle of the pack.

your not taking into account the fact that the black nights would not even accept him and that must still be eating at him to play at this "lower level" take it easy on the poor wee lad

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 4 SFC Stars 2

Makes next week's game vs Poco that much more interesting. We went up 4-0 in our game today against SFC Stars and then gave up 2 late goals in the last 10 mins for a 4-2 win. With Poco's tie today, we now control our own fate. If we win every game from here on in, we will finish 1st no matter what else does. That's a tough task but that's all we could have asked for at the start of the season when we we were struggling to simply stay in the race...Next week should be a great game!

bitter_cabbage said:

Son

Dec 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
NDFC 1-0 ND Titans

It was a hardfought game but unfortunately for us, we were on the losing end of a very tight match. Both teams were very tenative at first and most of the play was in our end. They had the majority of chances but no real strong opportunites until a ball was played through to their striker who slotted a nice shot into the bottom corner. from there, we started to pick it up and should have pulled it back at the end of the half. Our striker was sent in alone on their keeper, but froze and put it into the goalie and a short scramble ensued with the ball being put well over the bar. The second half was much more of an open, attacking style of play from both teams as we pushed for an equalizer but kept on hitting the goalie in the hands. They nearly caught us twice, the first our goalie left to challenge for a ball, didn't get it, but made it back to make a much needed save, the second had them moving the ball well and our defense scrambling but no quality chance was taken as their final shot missed the target. We had a great chance off a free kick as our player headed towards goal only to hit the post. At the end of it, we had a free kick from about 25 yards out that I stupidly skyed instead of just ripping it. All in all, a good game and NDFC was well deserving of the win.

Nose is right and both times we've played the Titans they've given us a run. We never got to play our game, they kept us on our toes and ran us hard. We scored against the play and the goal was the only time we really got to connect with 3 solid passes. The Titans were the strongest team we've had to play. And I do not look forward to seeing them again.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
with the updated fvsl standings 2a,2b,2c have all tightened up .the upcoming week shows there will be key match ups in each division . it starts getting more interesting from here on in

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Lions 1-1 DMU United

a dissapointing result for the lions today. A hard-fought game in the rain but the Lions should have run away with it. Poor finishing was the killer in this one. I should have buried at least one...credit to DMU for fighting hard however. Great ref again.
Cheers to DFC for beating Whalley!

Wolves next

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 2 - WRU 2

good match. magpie and royals fc summed it up pretty much. royals controlled the first half pretty easily. second half not so easily but we definatly controlled the play. can't remember when all the goals were scored, but i believe royals scored first off a free kick just outside the 18. beautiful shot. WRU tied it off a header i think right into the corner, keeper couldn't do much. WRU was given a PK, right call by the ref, but a tough one for us to take nonetheless with less than a 20 mins left in the 2nd half. then with probably around 10 minutes left the royals tied it at 2-2 with a shot from the left side that bounced off the keepers shoulder and into the corner of the net.

i think your keeper may have put the soccer mom out of commission for at least a week shaven. that play very early in the 1st where i was chasing a pass back to your keeper down and he took a big swing at it, he rocked my leg pretty good with his after swing as i was only trying to touch the ball through. my foot/leg whipped back so fast i lost my boot. not blaming your keeper, it was a 50/50 ball, tough luck on my part. hopefully i can play next game, have to see how it feels later this week.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
PM Lions 1-1 DMU United

a dissapointing result for the lions today. A hard-fought game in the rain but the Lions should have run away with it. Poor finishing was the killer in this one. I should have buried at least one...credit to DMU for fighting hard however. Great ref again.
Cheers to DFC for beating Whalley!

Wolves next

Wow, that is disapointing. really should have walked with it.
well, it helps us by tightening up the race above us.

all the pools really are tightening up. the top half of b and c are getting close, and a seems to be spread most of the way.

As for beating whalley, I'm not sure what happend. I mean, we didn't dominate definatively, even though their only goal was on a pk. But whalley looked pretty much the same as the first time we met them, not like a team that improved a whole bunch, but the stats indicate that they must have. not that we didnt make mistakes, but their backline was fumbling around and made a couple of dumb passes that we came close to capatilizing on.
but I think the final result was the right outcome.

up next, arsenal.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 1 - EAGLE RIDGE 1

Langley opened the scoring on a shot from a weird angle, keeper and post both got a piece of it I believe and then after a funny rebound Eagle Ridge "own goaled" it. Eagle Ridge earned it back about 2 mins later on an excellent speedy breakout that left us thin on the backline.

Eagleridge was unlucky not to win this game as they were the more skilled team on the afternoon and their well executed breakout was killing our midfielders, Luckily our back line held up well and held them to a single goal. Eagle Ridge must have had 10 outnumbered rushes against us.

Our Keeper also was outstanding in earning us the tie, with a couple big stops including one spectacular one.

On to Whalley I believe next week for another important game for our side.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:

Great information you got :rolleyes: Wow a regular inpector gadget none the less.....I could also let you know that Dustin was letting us know how much of a shitty player you are and frequently miss from the six .....but I'll leave it up to him!

I will grant you the no goals though.....I am struggling from leading the knights every year in scoring to going to the biggest slump of my life is no fun but hopefully things will change soon.....it's really hard to score when your the only forward.....what kind of system is a 1-2-3-4-1.....i think were going to change our name to the GEU TRAP!!!

I'll also grant you on the classyness of your defenders....great bunch of guys....goalie alittle suspect but every team has one.

Franchiseispathetic

Nov 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Great information you got :rolleyes: Wow a regular inpector gadget none the less.....I could also let you know that Dustin was letting us know how much of a shitty player you are and frequently miss from the six .....but I'll leave it up to him!

I will grant you the no goals though.....I am struggling from leading the knights every year in scoring to going to the biggest slump of my life is no fun but hopefully things will change soon.....it's really hard to score when your the only forward.....what kind of system is a 1-2-3-4-1.....i think were going to change our name to the GEU TRAP!!!

I'll also grant you on the classyness of your defenders....great bunch of guys....goalie alittle suspect but every team has one.

hey "franchise" i saw that game on sunday, and i must say, that you are shocking, no goals and your a forward!! haha, thats hilarious, it doesnt matter what system you play, the striker should be able to put a few away no matter what... wow u sure dont live up to ur name, and i hear that everyone on ur team hates u ...hahaha ..poco definitly deserved the win as they dominated u guys they should of had at least 3 more goals.. but u had some pressure in the first half, thats about it. ps. your a terrible striker give your head a shake...

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrads to NDFC for pulling out a 1-0 win and moving to top spot in 2A. We have the titans this weekend in a must win game for ourselves.

Congrads to WRU also on putting soccersl-ut in her place.

Soccermum, how are you balls, are they intact? :wa:

Abby vs. Titans game should get nominated for match of the week.

G-fence working on the hamstring to get ready for a hard battle. 50% right now. :confused:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
even if franchise is pathetic the one thing that makes you even more pathetic is letting one guy bother you so much that you named your self franchiseispathetic. coming out and saying everybody on his team hates him is also pretty low, tell him he sucks, no goals franchise thats a bit suspect, but creating rumours is for women.Well it looks like the tables of div2a are looking pretty different from a few weeks ago all of a sudden there are 4 or 5 teams in the hunt. Losses have become crutial at this point and anyone trying to stay in the hunt pretty much can't drop anymore points. We just need to keep winning and the league should be handed to us very handily but a loss to abby, royals,or eagleridge would be a huge 6 point swing and could change everything. Up next WRU ...prediction....another one bits the dust.My prediction as I stayed with all year is the Hurricanes will take the 2b title congrats to the hurricane players who won the highschool title its nice to see surrey doing something well, other auto theft

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchiseispathetic said:
hey "franchise" ......... wow u sure dont live up to ur name, and i hear that everyone on ur team hates u ...hahaha ..poco definitly deserved the win as they dominated u guys they should of had at least 3 more goals.. but u had some pressure in the first half, thats about it. ps. your a terrible striker give your head a shake...

I'd say you just complimented The Franchise.... trying to use his alias within yours. But then made yourself look like an idiot with all your u's and ur's type of messenger babble. Go back to MSN and chat with your moron friends!

How does someone like this get by the screening process?

TheRob: Please check this idiot out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0