Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"blowjive' you can never get rid of those rookie year nicknames lol. WRU I expect a win out of you guys this weekend. As for everybody else it looks like we are moving our home games to turf so enjoy trying to take any points. should be a good clash with the titans though because we both practice on turf if you want to call the 6 guys who come out for the titans a practice. NDFC 3-1titans a bold prediction may have to eat my words but I am confident.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
Thanks Legend, it's nice to see my work is appreciated. Anyway, good luck against Delta, boys.

P.S. I also love beer. :D

hahaha.. i just enjoy the proper grammar and extensive vocab you pull out to reply to people. makes for interesting reading....

"To take the piss or not to take the piss? is that even a question?"

Frodo wins the title for most eloquent member!..too bad he can't play defense :bronco:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
there's a fine line between reasons and excuses. i believe blaming PK calls by a ref are excuses. you can't be making fouls in the box, as i ref i know i'm pretty lenient about calling fouls in the box for a PK, so i'm sure those calls against your team are inexcusable. end of case.
yer right, it is a fine line, I chose "reasons" instead because we shouldn't have to rely no on goal against to be the difference anyway, that was our own undoing by not finishing. So the pk's were costly, but not the whole reason.
Soccer Mom said:
nobody but old pricks cared. get on with it. it's done. i thought it was quite humorous myself. most of the people on here take this shite way too seriously. insult me as best you can, i couldn't care less. though of course i'll try and piss on you back, that what this site is all about for the most part, i'll never take anything said on here to heart.
I've indicated several times what people say here doesn't mean squat to me. OLD PRICKS? ? :rolleyes: and there's no way in the world anything anyone say's here about me bothers me in the least. Myself, and I think what others here were on about was the personal piss taking and name calling "outide" the rhelm of soccer. As Shaven might say: "That's offside". There are a lot of posts made here that are just drivel and a waste of time for this forum. Blahzay just said the same thing, we all got side tracked and made this site a "chat line". If you want to chat, send a PM to the guy you want to chat with, and leave this site for soccer news and soccer pissing.

To whom ever said that DFC was turning this into a "phone coversation". I think it's pretty evident over the last 20 or so posts which team is doing that. You can go back over EVERY post here, and you won't find one post from one DFC mate to another.

Also, to whoever said I write novel lengthed post.... Yer right.... I'll try and tone it down a little. :eek:

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HEY LEGEND

You can talk about others play, when. you? stop! getting "injuries"

p.s. hows my grammeerr and sppeling: I am so smrt.!,?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
HEY LEGEND

You can talk about others play, when. you? stop! getting "injuries"

p.s. hows my grammeerr and sppeling: I am so smrt.!,?

That hurt my heed readin that! :rolleyes:

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a perfect world the two ND teams will tie and WRU beats the boys out by the ferries,giving the others in 2A a chance to play catch up. Would make things very interesting.....

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Bring what you've got to the match Mom. Do us all a favour though...Bring your best on Sunday, and this applies for Blaz, Royals and any other of your clique. I really don't look forward to hearing on Monday any more about "We were missing four starters" this and "WRU are shite and got lucky" that. If you all think your squad is as good as you claim it is, then come out and prove it. I look forward to your challenge, and as for yours and others bravado regarding my play and skills and your teams superiority I leave you with wise words from the venerable Bond, as spoken by Sean Connery: "Your best?...Only losers talk about their best." :D :eek:

the whole missing four players last match against WRU was by no means intended to be an excuse for the tie, just informing you that it was a different team that game, 4 guys out of our roster is quite a large chunk as we only have 17 players, not including our keeper and backup keeper.

i realize WRU has been playing very well lately and we have not taken any team lightly this year, this sunday will be no exception. and i don't recall ever claiming my squad to be the superior team over any team. should be a good match this weekend. Maybe I should reintroduce myself shaven, "Bond, James Bond" ;) it's on like donkey kong.

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom,

You said that you never claimed your team to be superior? What the fu-ck have you been doing since the beginning of the season. You lost to Aldergrove and now to North Delta. I wouldn't be suprised if you lose to WRU this weekend. Your team is shite and is lucky to be in first place.

Predicitions:

North Delta and North Delta TIE
WRU and Twassawsen postponed - shitty field :bronco:

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
the whole missing four players last match against WRU was by no means intended to be an excuse for the tie, just informing you that it was a different team that game, 4 guys out of our roster is quite a large chunk as we only have 17 players, not including our keeper and backup keeper.

missing four guys out of a seventeen man roster, NOT including keeper AND backup???
huge chunk indeed...that means you only had...lets see...quick math...19 guys, minus four...carry the one....makes 15 guys...including keeper...
that means 3 regular subs. plus a keeper, (hopefully at least one of your keepers can play out.) so four subs. Poor You! Only four subs... :rolleyes:
jesus man, I know missing players can hurt. Esp. key guys, like a goal scorer or keeper. but you can't whine about sheer numbers when youve got four subs.
weve played more than one game this year without a sub. And our keeper doesnt play out! And we still rocked up the park. :knvb:
no excuses.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
missing four guys out of a seventeen man roster, NOT including keeper AND backup???
huge chunk indeed...that means you only had...lets see...quick math...19 guys, minus four...carry the one....makes 15 guys...including keeper...
that means 3 regular subs. plus a keeper, (hopefully at least one of your keepers can play out.) so four subs. Poor You! Only four subs... :rolleyes:
jesus man, I know missing players can hurt. Esp. key guys, like a goal scorer or keeper. but you can't whine about sheer numbers when youve got four subs.
weve played more than one game this year without a sub. And our keeper doesnt play out! And we still rocked up the park. :knvb:
no excuses.

hey dumbass, you know nothing about our team. lets see...quick math....17 guys, minus 4= 13. we had two subs that game, and no, we signed our backup keeper strictly as a backup keeper, he does not play out dipshit. or shall i pull out the allmighty "assgoblin" ? naah, i'll save that one for when i really need it. dwarves like you probably already eat enough ass. :eek:

G-Fence.....show me where I clearly stated the royals to be a superior team than anothers?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
hey dumbass, ........... "assgoblin" ?........ dwarves like you probably already eat enough ass.

Now now now.... lets all try and get along, OK?

Didn't you just question me on that "excuses" thing? ......

Soccer Mom said:
......there's a fine line between reasons and excuses. i believe blaming PK calls by a ref are excuses. you can't be making fouls in the box, as i ref i know i'm pretty lenient about calling fouls in the box for a PK, so i'm sure those calls against your team are inexcusable. end of case.

Personally I think there are valid excuses as to why a team loses. missing 4 guys out of your line up, especially if they're big players for you, is a valid excuse. I don't care if you have 25 signed and 10 subs, you can't replace the top players by adding more bodies, unless the additions are capable of replacing those better players. We had the same thing when we player PAU this year. That team is dismall, but we were missin our whole starting backline, and our # 1 goal scorer. We couldn't get past that... I still maintain that as an excuse.... and a damn good one.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
lets see...quick math....17 guys, minus 4= 13. we had two subs that game, and no, we signed our backup keeper strictly as a backup keeper, he does not play out dipshit.
Actually, by your acount you had 3 subs.....as you already stated, you started with 17 (not including 2 keepers) minus 4 = 13. which is 3 subs, not including keepers.

Is that correct? Or am I missing something? Unless one of the player missing was one of the keepers, who you didn't count as the original 17, so that would give you 4 subs.... (I shoulda stayed awake in high school math classes :rolleyes: )

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
hahaha.. i just enjoy the proper grammar and extensive vocab you pull out to reply to people. makes for interesting reading....

"To take the piss or not to take the piss? is that even a question?"

Frodo wins the title for most eloquent member!..too bad he can't play defense :bronco:
Hey man, I'm just glad at least 1 other person on here is intelligent enough to comprehend my polysyllabic ranting. You like that one? ;)

I'm not sure "not pissing" is even an option at this point.

Can't play defense? WHAT? Give me a second to count out how many times YOU got past me.....zero.....WOW, that was fast. :wa: I'm better at math than I expected. :D Ramble

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
k, sorry...maybe my math was wrong, forget it. i'm telling you we only had 2 subs in that game against WRU, the point was that we were missing some key players.

you make a good point, i agree there are valid reasons why a team loses. but in the end, you either win or lose, and if giving excuses for losses gets under other guys' skins, i'm all for it ;) my intellectual abilities do not allow me to comment any further.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
k, sorry...maybe my math was wrong, forget it. i'm telling you we only had 2 subs in that game against WRU, the point was that we were missing some key players.

you make a good point, i agree there are valid reasons why a team loses. but in the end, you either win or lose, and if giving excuses for losses gets under other guys' skins, i'm all for it ;) my intellectual abilities do not allow me to comment any further.
HEY Don't get all cuddly on us here!!!!!!!!!!!

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
no excuses.

Firstly mom, this was supposed to be sarcastic. As Guru said, we lost the games where we missed key players, I totally understand where your coming from.

Guru said:
Personally I think there are valid excuses as to why a team loses. missing 4 guys out of your line up, especially if they're big players for you, is a valid excuse. I don't care if you have 25 signed and 10 subs, you can't replace the top players by adding more bodies, unless the additions are capable of replacing those better players.

Thanks for reiterating guru.

Shifty_dwarf said:
I know missing players can hurt. Esp. key guys, like a goal scorer or keeper. but you can't whine about sheer numbers when youve got four subs.

My point was that a keeper or goal scorer, or other such key players can cost you a game if theyre missing, but you cant whine a bout sheer numbers.
I know my message was hard to understand, but i would have expected at least one of my points to get throught to soccerfluffy.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
My point was that a keeper or goal scorer, or other such key players can cost you a game if theyre missing, but you cant whine a bout sheer numbers.
I know my message was hard to understand, but i would have expected at least one of my points to get throught to soccerfluffy.

This is very true take us (Port Moody) for example we played you, and you played well, but, I (the keeper) was hurt and watched the game from the sides but we still had 4 subs. You guys won 1-0 and lets not kid ourselfs the goal was in no way "A GREAT", missing 1 key player in this case clearly cost us a point. If however it is a goal scorer or good sweeper it could easily cause the same result.

B

Blahzay

Weekend predictions for Div 2A=
-ND Titans @ NDFC: Bottom line is NDFC is dope....as....hell....ain't that right dopey. NDFC 3-1.
-Aldergrove @ ERU: Hasn't rained lately but Eagle Ridge Main is still shite. Game Postponed.
-WRU @ Royals: Shaven will pull out his secret move and reflect the sunlight of his bald head into the forwards eyes. WRU will then proceed to kick the Royals' ass leaving Soccer Mom deeply disappointed since he was looking forward to his dirty goblin. WRU 3-1.
-Rippers @ GEU Titans: The Titans suck more then Surrey does, so 2-0 Rippers.
-Abbotsford SC @ Bye: G-Fizzel and the boys will be going to the pub for the second time, I expect a hard fought battle here with Abby puking, recieving a few chin checks, and going to the drunk tank. Bye 10-0 win.

3 hours and 20 minutes till kick off.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious....I Just signed this week with Alder. couldn't handle the rec. league anymore. I still have that competiveness and was missing the battles in the middle of the park. Looking forward to Sunday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0