Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great to see the league screw up again.....why does the 8th place team have to fight it out ???? No offense to the Div 2 teams here but there are not 3 quality Div 2 sides that could make the jump......case in point look at ND Players. A weak divisional setup has led to this circus, 2 groups with 9 teams while the other has 10....abso-fcuking-lutely atrocious.
having played all the lower div one teams and as a div two player big t you dont know sh t the top three in div two are already better than the bottom three in div one i know as i have played against them so shut your gob until you have some idea what your spewing

hoodrat

Mar 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets all just hope that the men above us will finally just do it like every other league in the world have 5 or 6 standard divisions of 10 teams and there is no problem about new teams cause they can just start from the bottom and if you lads dont like the idea of having to play for five or six first place finnishes in five or six years to get to a top league there is not many teams that are worthy enough to play in div.1 or higher outa youth ball. in fact i think the only team that has ever done that is the north delta lions and even there road was stunted by the league for some unknown and unfair reason. so it took them five or six years to get to premeir and by then the boys lost it. sorry lions but soon you will make room for the better ndfc team as will the rest of you. the promotion makes no differance to me or my team as we will be in div.1 next year scouping one of those spots in round robin doing a favor for the whole of div.2 as most of you just wanna piss it up and play shite ball. as for the titains great game boys see you next week where it aint gonna be that easy. and as for div.2c next year they can have div 4 all to themselves

someone was asking about the rippers strengths/weakness
i did not see a strenght as there greatest weekness is intimidation
and we brought that in full force when we played them sending them back to there piss hole and on to a mighty life of surry trash and A.A.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case no ones heard; Game of the week pulls in a 1-0 victory for the underdog Celtic.
In was a mucky game, as eagleridge always is, some iffy calls both ways, but nothing detremental, especially since hades missed their pk.
hard luck boys, it was hard fought both ways, and the flood on the pitch stopped any lucky bounce.

someones gotta do something about that field.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C LUFC 4 Poco City Athletic 2, great game, fun to play, good ref and good field. Our goals against continues to take a beating. I think we deserved at least a point today, but LUFC did well to capitalize on thier chances, and we didn't. We lost the first game of the season to them playing like garbage, at least we came out today and gave them a good game.

B

Blahzay

Royals 0 @ ND Titans 3
Both teams had equal chances for the first 40min, then ND scored a great goal on a valiant effort to end the half. 2nd half Tsawwassen fell apart and North Delta took control of the game. The Royals did not look like a first place team on the day and it should be noted that the Titans are 4-0 and have 11 GF and 1 GA in games at home, that isn't including NDFC's 2-1 win over them at the start of the year. Can any Royals let me know what the deal is with #19, I heard a bone crack in the collision, shitty for you guys since he is one of your better players. We'll be expecting a battle when we play these two teams since both of them are gritty and hardworking.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo City United 2 - Columbia Bearcats 0

Well played game today in the pouring rain. Both teams played hard and we were tied at the half. We came out and put one in 15 min in to the second half and went from there. 2nd goal came with about 10 min left. Great effort today by Poco. On to Aldergrove next week and then the Hurricanes.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Royals 0 Titans???3

Saw the Royals in the pub and that was the score

damn straight we were at the pub, G-fence thought they were the only ones :rolleyes:

Blahzay said:
Royals 0 @ ND Titans 3
Both teams had equal chances for the first 40min, then ND scored a great goal on a valiant effort to end the half. 2nd half Tsawwassen fell apart and North Delta took control of the game. The Royals did not look like a first place team on the day and it should be noted that the Titans are 4-0 and have 11 GF and 1 GA in games at home, that isn't including NDFC's 2-1 win over them at the start of the year. Can any Royals let me know what the deal is with #19, I heard a bone crack in the collision, shitty for you guys since he is one of your better players. We'll be expecting a battle when we play these two teams since both of them are gritty and hardworking.

Good start for both teams, very physical team, much like the royals. first goal was scored with less than 2 minutes left in the 1st half, guy ran it up the line, cut into the middle and a damn great shot top net after the effort he put into getting there, keeper had no chance. Titans worked bloody hard and got the win.

As far as I'm concerned, Titans have a HUGE home field advantage, as their record at home further proves that. That was the difference in this game, royals just aren't use to turf, couldn't adjust to the quick pace of game and the ball. Hard fought by both teams, but ND Titans by far deserved the win. They are the better team on turf. You know us tsawwassen boys are more familiar to our cow fields ;)

#19 broke his arm, done for at least 5 weeks. big loss for us as he is our starting centre D, very solid player. Nice to meet you by the way Blahzay, classy guy....in person :cool:

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're doing the best they can... (I hope)

Big T said:
Why can't the FVSL find a solution using COMMON SENSE.....its not that hard....maybe the exec should stop listening to individual teams pushing their own agendas and provide good leadership.........bush league keeps coming up in my head!! :mad:

Having been playing in the FVSL for close to 17 years now (ouch...that hits home...), I've heard these comments time and time again. Having run a club for many years, I've heard the bitching and the whining for too long too.

What I'll suggest to you Big T and the others out there is that you don't have to like it, but you should appreciate all the hard work the guys running the league do for all of us playing in it. You can't please all the folks, all the time. If you think you could do better, through your name into the ring and join the FVSL Executive, then put your stamp on it and sit back and listen to the others bitch at you.

Give the guys a break. There's no silver bullet solution, but they've got to do something.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 4 - POCO 2

Good game today from our guys after a couple of disappointing results recently. Credit to our 2 U21 players (including keeper) that we had to call up to replace the 5 of our guys that went to the Lions game.

Clean game, with excellent officiating.

Also credit to the referee for the minute of silence to start the game to remember Dominic Mobilio. Thanks.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well boys, Celtic came through as pedicted with a solid 1 - 0 victory over the Eagle Ridge Hades. Took some convincing though from both sides for the ref to let us play in that mud. Good game on both sides. First half possestion was probably 50/50 and Celtic capitalized on a good chance to put us up 1 - 0 about 15 minutes into the game. Second half possesion was popbably about 70/30 in favour of the Hades, but, in true Celtic fashion, our defese shut them down everytime. Scary moment for the Celtic late in the second half when the Hades were given an undeseved PK, but our keeper shut them down with a brilliant save to keep us in the lead. Very scary last 5 minutes for us also, with several Hades corner kicks, but we were on our game and very stong in the air the whole time to keep the ball out of our net. Great game, well done Hades.
Anyway, watch out boys, Celtic are on the attack!

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b good result for everyone but the clones stars 2 clones 0 it was one of those days stars had three shots and two goals (both well taken shots) we hit the post twice,crossbar once ,off the defenders face on the goal line and four missed shots inside the six that the goalie had no saves to make on any on of those sitters plus nurmerous chances inside the eighteen oh well the undefeated season is gone and now we can get down to clone ball again starting with donegals next week ( i know 08,hp, and redwoods like this result)

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
update on Lions player.

My brother dislocated his elbow on friday vs. Arsenal..apprently they were grippin he took a dive until they saw his elbow out of joint...anyways, he got cated to the hospital and they popped it back in...painful but he should be good to go in a couple weeks

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hoodrat said:
as for div.2c next year they can have div 4 all to themselves

Hoodrad, what makes you think div 2C is all that bad, just cause there are some former div 3 teams dominating doesn't mean the section is weak. It just means that they weren't long for div 3. I only wish wish we had a chance to play you guy so i could shut you up.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
2b good result for everyone but the clones stars 2 clones 0 it was one of those days stars had three shots and two goals (both well taken shots) we hit the post twice,crossbar once ,off the defenders face on the goal line and four missed shots inside the six that the goalie had no saves to make on any on of those sitters plus nurmerous chances inside the eighteen oh well the undefeated season is gone and now we can get down to clone ball again starting with donegals next week ( i know 08,hp, and redwoods like this result)

All I can say is wow!!! Sounds unlucky to me curious, we had one of those last week but escaped with the tie.

B

Blahzay

Frodo said:
Hoodrad, what makes you think div 2C is all that bad, just cause there are some former div 3 teams dominating doesn't mean the section is weak. It just means that they weren't long for div 3. I only wish wish we had a chance to play you guy so i could shut you up.

I share your wish my little friend. I pray every night and hope we get to play a team like Dewdney Celtic in the 1st round of the Knights Cup. Div 2C if full with teams that were way below 500 in Div 2 last year, the only team above was Port Moody and by what, 1 or 2 games? I Played Coquitlam Arsenal last year in U21, don't know how the fukc they got into Div 2. Congrats on 2 big upsets though.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: They're doing the best they can... (I hope)

bitter_cabbage said:
Having been playing in the FVSL for close to 17 years now (ouch...that hits home...), I've heard these comments time and time again. Having run a club for many years, I've heard the bitching and the whining for too long too.

What I'll suggest to you Big T and the others out there is that you don't have to like it, but you should appreciate all the hard work the guys running the league do for all of us playing in it. You can't please all the folks, all the time. If you think you could do better, through your name into the ring and join the FVSL Executive, then put your stamp on it and sit back and listen to the others bitch at you.

Give the guys a break. There's no silver bullet solution, but they've got to do something.

Hey, good freakin' call cabbage, i mean, the league isnt being run exactly how i might either, but unless your willing to step up to the plate and put in the effort yourself, dont whine about it.
as it turns out, the way the divisions have been changed the last couple years, has helped our team move up faster, as it was designed too, and I think we deserve to be where we are. But if it had taken us a couple more years, that would be ok too. As long as the rules are the same for everyone, Im ok with them running the show.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Blahzay. Maybe we will play you guys in the cup, but be careful what you wish for, Celtic are finally playing like we should. We were a little intimidated at first in Div 2. but now we're settleing into our own and we should do well. I'm not saying we'll win, but we aren't going down thats for sure. Not by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0