Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise: No, that wasn't the same guy, this guy had a shaved head, but I do remember a guy with a headband...Didn't really see him much throughout the game though, as i believe we're both backliners.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Blah, blah, blah...NO GOALIE IS WHY WE LOST THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT we have a new one this week...Blah, blah, blah
Franchise,

I'll let you and Canuck Boy continue with your virtual admiration, but...

...What happened to Mark? Did he leave your team? If so, where'd he go? Too bad if he did. Good guy, decent keeper, great beer man!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Your on a div 3 team that is playing in a div 2 level.......

i'm sorry, but i can't get over the fact that you said that. especially now that your team is in last. well done. that's classy. this is why i don't make predictions early in the season. anyways, i hope you all have a nice evening. :)

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Figo76 said:
Whalley 4 - 2 Port Moody

We were missing a couple of key guys in the middle and it showed. Moody dominated the first half but we seemed to bury out chances on counter-attack. They scored one minute after we went up 2-0. Second half was back and forth evened out. We got a lucky goal when our striker challenged the goal 50-50 and rebounded off the shinpad. We definitely lacked in the middle but it was our wingers, forwards, and sweeper that came through. Good game by both teams. Port Moody had some great chances but failed to capatalize. Next up Peach Arch Old Farts. Hopefully we can keep up our winning streak.

I sincerely hope you guys were missing guys in the middle because you don't deserve a top spot with the team you have. Moody dominated you but you scored on our mistakes and we didn't finish. I'm choked about your piece of s&@t sand boxes on your field because it's gonna cost me at least 2-3 weeks minimum before I see the field again. The good news is we play you again. Good luck in your upcoming games but I don't see you on a par with Eagleridge or even LUFC.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bitter_cabbage said:
Franchise,

I'll let you and Canuck Boy continue with your virtual admiration, but...

...What happened to Mark? Did he leave your team? If so, where'd he go? Too bad if he did. Good guy, decent keeper, great beer man!
He went to play over 35's (Mark) He got frustrated......I many of us are but your right a good beer man.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
Franchise: No, that wasn't the same guy, this guy had a shaved head,...i believe we're both backliners.

Shaved head???...backliner???...he must be pretty good then. :D :D :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
I'm choked about your piece of s&@t sand boxes on your field because it's gonna cost me at least 2-3 weeks minimum before I see the field again.

What happened Legend?...Ankle? Knee? Groin? Don't keep us guessing!... :confused: ;)

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
He went to play over 35's (Mark) He got frustrated......I many of us are but your right a good beer man.
He was thinking about that during our summer season. I played with him and a few of your guys in the summer Over-30's. Too bad for your team, but fortunate for the Masters...

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year. I'll have to pop over the fence to watch you guys one of these weeks when our game doesn't conflict with one of your home games.

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ABBY 3 vs. GEU 2

Geu came out strong making a statement by scoring the first 2 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game. Abby started the game with 9 guys and the drive over the ferry had some of the boys sea sick at he start of the game. But the rest of the game was dominated by abby. Jagmon scores a natural hat-trick with three of the nicest goals I've seen in a while. The field was crap and slowed down our game. Next off is the turf and the Surrey Rippers. SpEED vs. Experience. Our motors will be running at full throttle.

AND LOOK, we moved from 2nd last to 4th place. Big games against sawwassent and north delta's teams.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Shaved head???...backliner???...he must be pretty good then.

Frodo said:
All the greats are shaven backliners!! :rolleyes:

OOOps....my bad......I posted while logged on as Frodo !

Frodo may not agree with the above .... bloody longhaired, pony tailed, vegan hippie :D

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
OOOps....my bad......I posted while logged on as Frodo !

Frodo may not agree with the above .... bloody longhaired, pony tailed, vegan hippie :D

Thanks Guru, way to rip into your own star backliner :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
When did it become vogue for white men to shave their heads because they are
folically challenged?

...'bout the same time white men started to shave their chests because they are vain and want to show off their 2-packs. :D :rolleyes: :eek: ...somewhere around '95, as Regs said. :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, on to more serious and topical matters (not that shaved heads aren't near and dear to my heart), here is my opinion on how 2A is shaking down at the halfway point of the season, team by team:

1st - Tsawwassen: Clearly the best team thus far, based on points. A solid backline and timely goal production have led to a two-point gap over NDFC, though a tie with WRU and twin 1-0 wins over Abby and Surrey show that they are not that superior to most of the rest of the table. The inability to score more than one or two markers consistently will, IMO, be a hinderence to their promotion aspirations for next year. If they can keep their opponents at one goal or less per game, as they have thus far, their second half will mirror their first. Prediction: 2nd

2nd - NDFC: A second tie is all that prevents NDFC from being tied with Tsawwassen for first. By far the best offensive team in the table, with four markers in four separate matches thus far, and three of those clean sheets. However, two ties coupled with a loss to Tsawwassen cast a bit of doubt on whether or not they have the consistency to put together a solid final eight and push past Tsaw. for first. It will likely be decided when these two teams play each other in four weeks or so. Twelve markers for and only one against in their past three matches serve notice that they are going to be tough to beat in the second half. More quality bench depth on this squad than any other in the table. Prediction: 1st

3rd - North Delta: ND lack of consistent effort and results has contributed to their third place at the halfway point, with a four point gap to 2nd the telling stat. A well coached and fit young team that seems to have trouble getting their head into the game each and every week. Losses to all the teams immediately around them in the table show that this team is not capable this season of playing at the level of the stronger squads. Like Tsawwassen, their lack of goal production will hurt them if they continue to put in sloppy defensive efforts against the better offensive teams. Prediction: 5th

4th - Abbotsford: This squad has been consistently inconsistent over the first half. Lose two, win two. Unable to put more than two good results together in a row are what have kept Abby from being higher in the table thus far. A team with a few talented players, they appear to suffer from a lack of committment (am I right about that G-fence?) that has hindered them. Their offensive total is a bit misleading, as they put eight behind WRU in an abberration early in the season, but nonetheless they are capable of solid goal production at times. Tinkering with their lineup may be a root cause of their inconsistency, as they have signed some new players recently that may or may not help cure this. More consistency is needed in the second half if they hope to move up in the table. Prediction: 4th

5th - White Rock: A tale of two seasons for White Rock in the first half. Coming off a strong second half in Div 3 the previous season, they introduced a few new faces to the lineup that is of late finally gelling. The introduction of consistent goal production has turned their season around, and along with NDFC they are the hottest team in the table in recent weeks. Wins over North Delta, Surrey and Aldergrove in succession, along with a tie to Tsawwassen show that they can now compete with every team in the table. Consistent effort is needed each and every week to improve in the standings, and their next three matches will likely determine where in the standings they will end up. A solid starting lineup that plays with confidence, along with quality subs, should provide good results in the second half. Prediction: 3rd

6th (tie)- Eagleridge: This squad has had a first half much like Abby: Good one week, and then poor for two. They either win or lose, with no middle ground. Four losses thus far hurts their chances at a top five finish, unless they find more consistent results in the second half. Only scoring more than two markers once so far in the first half points to a lack of offensive skill, and they must rely on their keeper, who is solid normally, to keep a clean sheet in order for them to have a chance to win in any given match. Need to come away from their next three matches with at least four points to stay close to the top five; anything less will see them fall closer to the bottom of the table. Prediction: 7th

6th (tie)- Surrey: Oh how the mighty have fallen...Ten points from the first four games, and none in the last four. Surrey has simply fallen apart, and are a shadow of the team that started the campaign. The loss of Saint Jr is surely one reason for this, but the slide started before his departure. Not a horrible squad by any stretch, they just seem to not have the mojo of the earlier part of the first half. They're not getting blown out, NDFC aside, but just can't seem to catch a break. Two recent one-nil losses are tough to swallow, I'm sure, but show that they're not that far off from a couple more W's. A couple of breaks here and there should separate them from Aldergrove and Eagleridge, as they're too good a squad to finish below those two. Prediction: 6th

6th (tie)- Aldergrove: How this team beat Tsawwassen is anyone's guess, but that W combined with a tie versus NDFC lends some credibility to their first half, but that being said three losses in a row to close out the first half is a sour note indeed. The best player on this squad is #11, as he has speed to burn, but not as much skill as I expected. The rest of the squad is decent, but not enough stand-out skill on D, in Mid. or up front to make this team a threat to win week in/week out. I understand they're missing their starting keeper to an injury or such, and that would explain the recent nine GA in the past three games. Need another year of Div 2 and a bit more skill to be credible. Prediction: 8th

9th - GEU: What do you say about a team with one tie to show for eight games? Golden Ears is not as bad a team as their record indicates, as they have competed well in at least half their matches thus far. They fought us to a 1-1 tie, their only point, and got that point on the strength of their keeper, who is excellent. Three one goal losses for this young team show well for them, and continued hard work should make them a tough team to beat in the second half. They won't get many points, but will surprise anyone if taken lightly due to their record. They make you work for your points, but ultimately don't have the skill or experience to win many Div 2 matches. Will be lucky to win one game this year, but not for lack of effort. Prediction: 9th

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Alright, on to more serious and topical matters (not that shaved heads aren't near and dear to my heart), here is my opinion on how 2A is shaking down at the halfway point of the season, team by team:

too bad only the first two teams in that post matter shaven :eek:

allow me to let you all in on a secret about the royals; we generally play down to other teams level which is why almost all of our games are very close. this is proven in games from the previous season, and our games in WR and aldergrove this year, all very close games where the game was won with a late goal (exception the tie in WR). It's been shown we can step up and play to what most of the time isn't even our potential, with wins against teams who i consider the top 3 teams in 2A...NDFC, Rippers, and Abby.

being a backliner, i know the royals backline is pretty solid, and only recently started coming together playing more tightly, only allowing 1 goal in the past 3 games.

as for this weekends tilt against the titans, i expect a close game as usual, the turf should provide for an interesting game. we'll be missing our starting striker cuz he's going to see his girlfriend on the island :rolleyes: anyways, hope some of you can me it out if your interested.

as for predictions about final placement in the tier, i don't normally do that. especially when your own team is in first, cuz it more or less puts you in a lose lose situation. you predict you finish first...and you do....great, no one seems to care as it may have been expected. you predict you finish first and you don't, you look like a total ass. kinda like the franchise, and dopeashell. so no predictions from me, but i expect an interesting 2nd half of the season and a tight race for first.

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Shaven,

Wut Doing? I agree with you somewhat about the committment on the Abby Team. But over the next half of the season we will prove to everyone that we belong in Div.1 and that we can play with the big boys in DIv.2. The game against WRU is going to be huge. You guys want pay back for the shalaking we gave you in the first game, and we need the points to move up in the standings. If you can play a good game against us, then it is a four way race, otherwise it is three team battle (sawwassent, NDFC, and Abby)

Shaven I play defence for the Abby Team #23

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
And a message to LUFC...Tell #7 to calm down man, i tried to appologise to him after the game for a bad collision we had and he blew me off and told to "watch it" in our next match.

Not sure who #7 was, that was first time in those Uni's...If it's who I am thinking of thats laughable because he's about 130 lbs....the only think he should watch is for potholes that might engulf him. Same guy that got the Yellow card for yapping?? Thanks for apologizing, but I didn't the tackle was bad. Anyhow good job on the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0