Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
KH

I think it's time to put the Stolo game behind you dude... you are 0-3... got to get this season back on track - time to look forward and get some points...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure thing Cantuzzi. thanks for the advise. I'm over it and glad to see last nights came was clean. and yes we suck but would love to knock you out of the cup.;)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say if the sprinklers want to run an hour before every grass game ending about 45 mins before, I wouldnt complain. it made the field much quicker than it would have been.

true...made it seem more like wet turf out there which was much better for our team....but from a goalies perspective, made the ball skip and bounce much faster and was harder to handle...but whatever, part of the game

soccerguy

Apr 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the 2 goals North Delta got were not offside either? the 1st one might have been close but the 2nd was offside then another offside pass? so it went both ways you cant say Poco had an advantage that ref clearly has not read the rule book in 10-15 years your guy was lucky to not see red so dont go around saying teams are crap when you guys came up on the wrong end....

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we don't get paid to play soccer we do it because we love the game...or the beer after.

we have beer after??!! the only beer anybody on our team has had after a game are the ones i have in my car on the ride home...sheesh.

We're as good as our record:(

hey, maybe a little confidence from our "coach" might go a long way instead of always hearing about missing the guys that aren't there. just a thought.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
where's franchise at? someone needs to make the motw polls....i'd do it but i can't...i tried one time last week wasn't able to so i leave it to him now...

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the 2 goals North Delta got were not offside either? the 1st one might have been close but the 2nd was offside then another offside pass? so it went both ways you cant say Poco had an advantage that ref clearly has not read the rule book in 10-15 years your guy was lucky to not see red so dont go around saying teams are crap when you guys came up on the wrong end....

Definately won't say PoCo (you guys) are crap. Just not as good as we expected. So far nobody we have played in our group looks very good....and I include ourselves in that group. Some far from pretty soccer. Every team except the Caps showed signs, but nothing consistent for more than 10 minutes spells.

Our game was interesting to say the least. Poor officiating for sure. I think we got screwed a little worse than you, but I'd agree you got a bad shake on some calls too. If anything I think Team Canada was ranting out of disappointment we didnt take advantage of our early chances that could and should have made it a different game. You'r 8 subs definately helped your style of play when we only had 12.

Good luck with the rest of the season and I look forward to the 2nd match later in the year.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey I gave credit where credit was due, we sucked way more than you guys did :D

And I never said the ref gave you an advantage, he was garbage equally both ways. Your advantage was us licking balls for 84 minutes.

But like Titan4Life said, looking forward to a rematch and hopefully the next one will shape up to be a much more enjoyable game.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You did a fine job;)
thanks :cool:......just curious but how many fvsl teams actually take the time to fill out referee performance forms online after a match....small form online takes about 2-3 minutes to fill out just informing the league on how well the referees are actually doing on the pitch...

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did last year but didn`t seem to do to much so I gave up.

Most people miss the point.

No ref is going to get promoted or demoted, you will probably see the same referee over and over.

however, if you are ever involved in an incident or a player is carded, or ? knows what happens, the league can at least review the referee reports and see if there is any consistancy in our comments.

If several teams send it a report consistant with an official that frequently eggs players on, or throws cards around without much provocation maybe when you get a red card for telling him that hes a cnut they might at least factor in who gave you the card. Its been a long time coming but the league is now harshly punishing and reviewing referee abuse situations, hopefully this new found "power" to issue cautions or worse to a player commenting on a call, with full support and advocation from the league, will not inflate any egos. Your referee report will help indicate however, who is prone to this behaviour and who is actually doing a good job.

An official with several glowing reports should likely (and justly) be given the benefit of the doubt when faced with a he-said / he-said situation......

just 2 cents. Our officials have been reasonable this year, but no linesmen....:(

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linesmen....not gonna see em in 2nd div, not enough anyway...
hopefully in the knights cup, earlier than the semi's ...they help out with little fouls the referee somtimes can't see and also simply because in some games the referee has to guess an offside and there are some teams that have almost perfected the offside trap, westcoast got burned a couple of times last night and even pegasus yesterday got caught once or twice against us.. not saying the trap is a bad idea its just a bad idea with no linesmen because you never know when the ref will call it....or not

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hopefully in the knights cup, earlier than the semi's ...they help out with little fouls the referee somtimes can't see and also simply because in some games the referee has to guess an offside and there are some teams that have almost perfected the offside trap, westcoast got burned a couple of times last night and even pegasus yesterday got caught once or twice against us.. not saying the trap is a bad idea its just a bad idea with no linesmen because you never know when the ref will call it....or not

or leave the center circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0