Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 Offseason/Provincials Banter Spring/Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figured there would have been more bitching about who got what provincial spots, though they should probably go to the teams that are actually going to make the trek to PG to play.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly don't think many people give a shite since who ever is heading up there is just going for a road trip as I don't really think any VMSL or FVSL side stands a chance with the Sandbagging s.o.b's from the BMSA and Richmond league there...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly don't think many people give a shite since who ever is heading up there is just going for a road trip as I don't really think any VMSL or FVSL side stands a chance with the Sandbagging s.o.b's from the BMSA and Richmond league there...

Sure they do. Take last year for example, Mission just ran out of gas after handling most teams in the opening round. And for us, it sucked because of a wedding that took half our starting line-up away, but we could have beaten the RSL teams we saw (note, we did not see the Dragons play :)) The FVSL is becoming a better league and it's only a matter of time (ACBC, PoMo this year?) before we start having more success at the B cup.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recent Champions
2008 - I.G. MircoMed Dragons FC
2007 - IGM Dragons
2006 - Westside Rino
2005 - Richmond All Blacks
2004 - Campbell River
2003 - Shamrock Rovers
2002 - Saltspring F.C.
2001 - Prince George Croatia
2000 - Richmond Town Celtics

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh Campbell River...the one that got away. We destroyed them in round robin 5-1 yet didn't make semi's based on goals for.....sad thing is this team won it all.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so there you have it, 1 VMSL or FVSL entry in the last 8 years...

Really the other leagues should be made to have their Premier or A or First Division play on A forms, not because I think they should get crushed by the VMSL, VISL, and FVSL A form squads, but because those players and teams should not on B forms...thereby damning the B Form Provincials...

Don't call yourself a Premier Division or Premier team/player if you aren't on an A Form.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The BMSA (Burnaby) The RSSL (Richmond) all play on B Forms, therefore their top flight teams that go to "provincials" go to the B Form Provincials which is contested with teams on B Forms from the VISL, FVSL, and VMSL (which is Div 2 and lower in those leagues AFAIK)

The dragons or whatever they are called featured in the not too distant past former PAU and Canada player Garret Kusch and there was a team from the BMSA that was littered with VMSL Premier cast offs and players waiting to go masters IIRC. I don't think any Valley D2 teams short of some sort of Juggernaut that is working their way up to premier or D1 from having to start in D3 is going to give these guys a run (Perhaps Sentinel if they sign more good additions for next year, or ACBC if they continue to turn guys over to their B Team in D2 and don't leave for A Form footy elsewhere)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Agree JonnyB reguarding the Richmond B forms,,what a joke. They could play A form Provincials easy. Maybe not win the thing but they are better than alot of the teams in there for sure.
We are playing in 2 KSL divs this summer to stay in shape and really want to do well for the FVSL.
Bussing up,got hotel booked and local transpertation done. Have to leave Thursday night as we play our first game Friday late afternoon.
Stoked to be representing.
Jay will be lookin after the team as I cannot go. I will be in the Okanagan with our other club playin PCSL in Ktown and the Loops same weekend.
:( but :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts