Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 Offseason/Provincials Banter Spring/Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads Pre Season is about to get underway with a series of games.

We're playing the LUFC Knights @ WAP West 7 pm KO 18th of August
We're playing the LUFC Young Guns @ WAP West 7 pm KO 25th of August
We're playing Franchise and GEU Inter @ SRT Friday the 28th of August at 8:15

anyone else get the Pre Season games going yet?
The Langley games have changed a day forward (to the wednesdays 19th and 26th) in case anyone cares (probably not) and the Inter game is kicking off at 7:30 at SRT

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dead around here, I love havng conversations with myself...:confused:

Us Nomads officially get our season underway for this year with a friendly tonight.

Has nobody else played any games yet?

we have the LUFC Knights at 7pm, a bunch of new faces coming out to tryout, should be interesting.

Will also be interesting to see the Knights without robj around. (IIRC he left for somewhere else?)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had:
a) A shocking turnout of our first teamers (only 2 of our starters there) :mad:
b) a shocking performance by two guys trying out

lost 3-1 to the knights, who had a small army out there.

Good thing that wasn't for points ;)

Look for the knights to be better this year. They have a lot of speed up the wings. Still look slightly suspect at the back and in the middle of the park. Quick wingers and forwards though.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had:
a) A shocking turnout of our first teamers (only 2 of our starters there) :mad:
b) a shocking performance by two guys trying out

Well, don't whine to me about being short players at any time during your season,lol. I offered to sign 4-6 players on your Roster.... you rejected. :p

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woooot Woooot we have no Morning games this year,....no 10am games no Noon games...its sleep in and play soccer...what a great weekends to have...Woot Woot

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that is a pretty good schedule for our group Ghouse.

The only ugly times at the 8pm Sunday night games you and westcoast have.

To think that on a Sunday night, after the game, even drinking no pints you are home to surrey/langley at 10:00-10:30 and have to get up for work the next day. With a few pints you are home after 11:00 most likely.

The Westcoast 8pm isn't as bad since everyone else in the division is close(ish) to CAP.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You drink and drive..shame on you.....As for being home at that time...we have guys who get up early for work too..and do it all year long ,you have to do it 1-2 times...come on man.
Sunday night is awsome cause your weekend is free to do what ever you want.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know... I think most of the TTP community would agree with me that Saturday is for playing football (Afternoon or evening, mornings even better but youth eat that up), and then you go out, then Sunday is for recovery/watching the NFL and then a nice big family dinner. Not playing at 8pm.

I know you guys have done it for years. I'm just saying I'd hate to play a Sunday night game after partying the night prior... that means a lot of sleep and recovery (pregame) sunday...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will also be interesting to see the Knights without robj around. (IIRC he left for somewhere else?)

Sad to say it was time to hang them up. I was hoping to get onto a Masters team but with the rejection from the All-Blacks last year left me in a situation where I would have to play with another club. So instead of doing that after many nights of drinking, Millar convinced me(actually it didn't take much great player and a good mate) to go with him to the Delta Metro United mens Premier club (VMSL)as his manager. I accepted and that's where I'm at this year. Who knows maybe I'll try again for 0-35 next year, I should be in decent shape, as part of the deal with Delta was I get to train with the boys.

Who knows we'll see how the knights do in the first half of the season maybe if they want me I'll sign in the second half.

Cheers

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad to say it was time to hang them up. I was hoping to get onto a Masters team but with the rejection from the All-Blacks last year left me in a situation where I would have to play with another club. So instead of doing that after many nights of drinking, Millar convinced me(actually it didn't take much great player and a good mate) to go with him to the Delta Metro United mens Premier club (VMSL)as his manager. I accepted and that's where I'm at this year. Who knows maybe I'll try again for 0-35 next year, I should be in decent shape, as part of the deal with Delta was I get to train with the boys.

Who knows we'll see how the knights do in the first half of the season maybe if they want me I'll sign in the second half.

Cheers

Millar convinced you to help him out? Why didn't he ask Whistleblower? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts