Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results December '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 3 - Aldergrove 3

Wasn't really the Aldergrove team I was expecting to see, I think they know they were lucky to squeak that one out. Lots of action in the first half... We went up 1-0 early, they got 2 quick ones back, we tied it up, ref decided to toss 2 guys after a harmless shoving match, then we went ahead 3-2 late in the half. We controlled the bulk of the second half, then with about 5 left Aldergrove put a very well hit corner right on the head of the only 8ft player on the field, wasn't much anyone could do. Missed a couple sitters in the last few minutes, and an indirect free kick in the 18 we couldn't put away right at the end.

We really needed the win, but not a bad result I guess.

Our worst game of the year, but easy to see why. We had only one of our normal top 3 forwards at the game, and he was on one ankle (and then had his nose broken from a ball square in the face) And missing our goalie, we had our starting sweeper (the best in our division) in net. A full squad would have changed the result and let people stay in normal positions. Delta did play well though. Everyone gets up for a game vs. us.

But saying that, we still didn't lose. You gotta be good to be lucky.
We've been a little unfocused the last few weeks, we've had nothing to look forward to until Cup time, The problem with the cup being moved to the end of the season......

Oh and don't worry about us come cup time there Jimmy Jones, I'd be more concerned and the fact you guys are 2 points above 5th place, and don't you play the gunners next week?

5th place for the Xmas break......

Attachments

232 KB · Views: 45

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our worst game of the year, but easy to see why. We had only one of our normal top 3 forwards at the game, and he was on one ankle (and then had his nose broken from a ball square in the face) And missing our goalie, we had our starting sweeper (the best in our division) in net. A full squad would have changed the result and let people stay in normal positions. Delta did play well though. Everyone gets up for a game vs. us.

But saying that, we still didn't lose. You gotta be good to be lucky.
We've been a little unfocused the last few weeks, we've had nothing to look forward to until Cup time, The problem with the cup being moved to the end of the season......

Oh and don't worry about us come cup time there Jimmy Jones, I'd be more concerned and the fact you guys are 2 points above 5th place, and don't you play the gunners next week?

5th place for the Xmas break......
with a win tonight we're second so....we'll have to wait a while to see about that. how many guys did you have out vs the titans yesterday?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to add to the Aldy v. Titans match. They were defiantely undermanned and came out slow. We jumped on em and moved the ball around then well. Got an early goal and looked confident. They had a good ten 15 minutes after that two take a 2-1 lead. Then we turned it back on and took control of the last 15 to take a 3-2 lead into the half. Second half seemed fairly sloppy by both teams but we generated more scoring chances just couldnt bury them. A few "easy" ones in the box that we missed, and they did miss a couple chances including a well struck free kick from about 25. Aldy socred with about 6 to go and then we were unlucky to finish them off in the last 5.

Disappointing that we didn't come out with the 3 points. Had the edge in possession and played one of our better games of the year. At least its not a loss, and any points against the top team is a good result and something to build off of.

Good game Cantuzzi. Always good to see you out on the pitch.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rodzilla, Sounds like our team (and most teams) every week. :rolleyes:

Both starting forwards, best dman and goalie out is a little more then the usual for most teams, but all teams do have guys missing, true enough.

We dealt with it... I just know it was a tougher game then it had to be, kudos to Delta though, they played well.

Attachments

• stewie2.jpg
    stewie2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 195

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
with a win tonight we're second so....we'll have to wait a while to see about that. how many guys did you have out vs the titans yesterday?

we had 14 players, but 2 of those had only played 2 games combined this year, and wouldn't normally play if the other 7 guys show.

Go Rams! you can pass the coyotes tonight!:wa:

Attachments

• cowbell01.gif
    cowbell01.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 183

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both starting forwards, best dman and goalie out is a little more then the usual for most teams, but all teams do have guys missing, true enough.

We dealt with it... I just know it was a tougher game then it had to be, kudos to Delta though, they played well.

It's the usual for us.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus 3 - Players 1. Absolute awful game to watch on a horrible field (Ron Ralph). Probably one of the worst fields out there. On to Pomo next week, hopefully we don't have 11 guys like today.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to squeek out a Tie Titans! Even though Aldy sounded to be undermaned, sounds like you guys still showed up to play. Onto guilford in 2 hrs, fcuk i hate late night games.... Anyone wanna change field allocations and game times with us?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 4 - not so mighty rams 1....first 25 mins of the game was pretty bad on our part. balls going all over the place no real chances developed, lost the ball when we shouldn't have and the rams scored off a give away with a nice cross and a sick header. got a couple of chances late in the half but did nothing. possession at half was probably 50/50 ?...second half started and we put on the pressure. we had most of the possession in the second half, we scored the first one off a good string of about 4-5 passes and into the net. after that it was pretty much all us.second goal was a rebound off a pretty hard shot, maybe the keeper could have held onto it...maybe.... the 3rd goal i think was a total beauty all started in the back and of the dads on our side counted 23 passes starting from d and up to the forwards nice touch and a breakaway with another great finish. rams didn't know what hit them on that play. they are a good team and play very hard. dont know if franchise came out...douchface with the winner :O...i know......they had maybe 2 chances all second half maybe 3 but nothing too threatening except for a strike which went over the bar by about one or two feet. good game onto the rangers next week :D hopefully we get a better turnout than tonight 3-4 key guys not present.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Nomads 3 - 2 Wolves.

It was an abortion of soccer. I dont know if I've ever seen a game with as little possession between 2 teams, the ball was in the air all night. All 3 of our goals were off set pieces, 2 free kicks and a corner. Good to get to play these guys without 80km/h winds. 2-1 Nomads at half, we went up 3-1 when they didnt put up a wall on our free kick from 20 yards out :confused: they scored not a minute later, and pressed hard at the end. Great game, pretty clean, excellent refereeing. :eek:;)

My thanks to Bench Warmer and Super Sub for playing up on permit for us.

ya it was a pretty good game, lots of action, back and forth....was stoning the wolves all game long. 2 clear cut all alone chances in the 1st half. 1st goal they scored I made 2 saves, scored on the 3rd try. 2nd goal was a great set up and a bullet shot but I still should have had it. was close enough to me to perry it away but just missed it. maybe I was a little tired from having played with the dynamo beforehand, lol. 2 wins for langley, that's all that matters;)

undisputed26

Sep 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
*yawns* Rodzilla has been predicting what place the coyotes will finish for months. And Why? all because we said Div 2A was weak and your still sulking about it. Solid win tonight though 4-1 the entire 2nd half was dominated by us, lack of subs killed the rams.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 4 - not so mighty rams 1....first 25 mins of the game was pretty bad on our part. balls going all over the place no real chances developed, lost the ball when we shouldn't have and the rams scored off a give away with a nice cross and a sick header. got a couple of chances late in the half but did nothing. possession at half was probably 50/50 ?...second half started and we put on the pressure. we had most of the possession in the second half, we scored the first one off a good string of about 4-5 passes and into the net. after that it was pretty much all us.second goal was a rebound off a pretty hard shot, maybe the keeper could have held onto it...maybe.... the 3rd goal i think was a total beauty all started in the back and of the dads on our side counted 23 passes starting from d and up to the forwards nice touch and a breakaway with another great finish. rams didn't know what hit them on that play. they are a good team and play very hard. dont know if franchise came out...douchface with the winner :O...i know......they had maybe 2 chances all second half maybe 3 but nothing too threatening except for a strike which went over the bar by about one or two feet. good game onto the rangers next week :D hopefully we get a better turnout than tonight 3-4 key guys not present.

Watched most of the first half(no I didn't come out to watch this game,was watching a buddy play at 2pm.) from what I saw it was mostly Rams. Coyotes had a 2 on 1 but not a good finish. They(Rams) must have tired themselves out because it looked like they were playing harder then you guys. Too bad I couldn't stay for the whole match(way too cold and windy.)

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

On the second goal... well I rushed the keeps and he jumped way up and out of the way...

The third goal I touched the ball about 10 / 23 times so don't forget the mids doing all the grunt work turtle! :D

Jimmy 'the turtle' Jones could have potted 2-3 goals had be been a touch faster on the park... how many more gimme breakaways you going to miss? hahaa

--

I'm going to give the Rams more credit than Jimmy. The first 30 minutes or so they were out hustling us all over the park and they potted a really nice goal off a header... then it seemed like they just ran out of gas and we had our way with them slotting 4 uncontested goals...

I think 'chise showed up late (#17 you franny?) but it was already 4-1 and our goalie was trying to sell hockey jerseys to the Rams...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched most of the first half(no I didn't come out to watch this game,was watching a buddy play at 2pm.) from what I saw it was mostly Rams. Coyotes had a 2 on 1 but not a good finish. They(Rams) must have tired themselves out because it looked like they were playing harder then you guys. Too bad I couldn't stay for the whole match(way too cold and windy.)
it was a game of two different halves, first half was not so much us more so the rams and that 2 on 1 you were talking about, i ****ed that up...my bad...second half more so us not so much them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0