Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody have any comments on Tsawwassen? We (Warriors) played them today, came from 2-1 down and somehow squeaked out a victory in the 85th minute. Tsawwassen dominated us with their sharp passing, dashing runs, and blinding skill for 3/4 of the game. Seriously though, we played like garbage. What really caught my attention was their lack of team discipline and outright sportsmanship. Every call, whether it went their way or not, was met by yelling at the ref. They had a free kick from 19 yards out, and one of their players got a yellow for complaining for 10 yards AFTER he watched the ref count it out. Later on he gets another card and is gone. How stupid! Never in all my years have I played against men that act like such children. To Tsawwassen: 1) Keep your concentration and discipline and you will be successful. 2) You will always get hit and fouled in this game, learn how to take it. 3) If you play the offside trap with no official linesmen, you WILL get burned, and that's not the referee's fault (Even Martin makes mistakes). 4) If you're gonna stand over someone with your fist in the air and tell them your gonna hit them, you'd better do it before you get dummied by their goalie. If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk. To the rest of the league: Run up the score against these kids so that the rest of the teams in Div 1 next year don't have to waste any more weekend games against this shite team. Au Revoir!

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2- Sporting 1
We had the lead and with 3 minutes left Langley tied up and about a minute late they scored the winning goal. The first goal was an own goal that should never happened as I didn't get to the ball on a cross. The second goal I bobbled a ball off a header and the disapointing part is we should have been able to hold on for the win. I didn't do my job tonight and it cost us and I can promise my team that it won't happen again. In saying all that Langley deserves credit for a hard fought game and playing to the final whistle. All and all a pretty even game and there goalie made a beautiful save to tip the ball over the bar in the first half. Good luck the rest of the way Langley

backofnet

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders stepping up in one of our better performances we've played as a team, moved the ball on the ground well and got the 3 points away at Pitt Clogg your cleets Athletic. The ref was consistently bad and power-trip could not be overused here. The coachmen came at us hard late and were unlucky to get one and close the gap to one. Our defender made a run from his own 18 to beat two and slot our insurance goal 2-0. Drinks afterward were tasty after a win.:bronco:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2- Sporting 1
We had the lead and with 3 minutes left Langley tied up and about a minute late they scored the winning goal. The first goal was an own goal that should never happened as I didn't get to the ball on a cross. The second goal I bobbled a ball off a header and the disapointing part is we should have been able to hold on for the win. I didn't do my job tonight and it cost us and I can promise my team that it won't happen again. In saying all that Langley deserves credit for a hard fought game and playing to the final whistle. All and all a pretty even game and there goalie made a beautiful save to tip the ball over the bar in the first half. Good luck the rest of the way Langley

Pretty much sums it up. We (Sporting) have had a bad habit in previous games of going up a goal and then sitting back to defend and holding on for the W. We've almost got burned a couple times this season, so it was only a matter of time that it happened. Shouldn't have been to a team like Langley, though. Besides their work ethic and fresh legs every 15 mins, I thought they were very average. They beat us in the middle of the park, and it showed with their buildup between centre and our 18, but they were not very effective in the box. Having said that, we weren't much better. I think we moved the ball around nicely across the back and to our wings, but lacked conviction in the final 1/3. Kinda hard when all our strikers are either injured or outta town. I think if we had some more bodies and some better health, we'd beat them handily. But that probably won't happen, and they got the only result that matters. Best of luck the rest of the way. Hope we see you guys again in the Cup. (is there a cup?!)

TS

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2- Sporting 1
The first goal was an own goal that should never happened as I didn't get to the ball on a cross. The second goal I bobbled a ball off a header and the disapointing part is we should have been able to hold on for the win.

The fix was in....

Canuck is the Pete Rose of Div 1 FVSL!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our finishing sucked on the night (as it has all year), but you guys were outworked, plain and simple. Your outside mids had absolutely no interest in marking, and it showed with, what, 3 sitters we bottled before you guys capitalized on one free kick?

The last two times we've played you we have outworked you terribly. Last year you were lucky on a 1-0 result, again, due to our poor finishing. Two years ago we out paced and out-skilled you in a promotion playoff, a 2-0 win for us. Last night inside your box:

~One missed PK.
~One missed point blank header (over the bar).
~One missed breakaway.
~One saved volley sitter from 2 yards (same guy who missed the breakaway).
~One saved point blank header (same guy who missed the PK).
~One night of camping on your side of the pitch.

You had two chances: one a shot on net by our defender who misplayed what should have been an easy header, and Mackers had to make a brilliant save off, and one very well taken free kick for a goal. Other than that you had nothing, and absolutely did not threaten.

Canuck took the heat for your loss, but the guy saved you on the PK, a breakaway, a point blank header, a point blank volley, and was big and intimidating all game long. He was easily your best player, and instead of your excuse and assessment that we are very average, maybe your assessment should be you are a shite, lazy squad that would be nowhere without your great keeper.

And yes, we do play in a cup, it is called the Pakenham. Good God.

Dali Lama

Mar 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your assessment Dude.
One thing I would like to say is that we deserved what we got yesterday.
We did not play well and we are out of shape. Despite that, to lose in the manner we did is very tough.
I generally enjoy reading your posts Dude, you seem to be quite an intellignet chap, and your posts make a lot of sense a lot of the time.
We have a great keeper in Canuck, and he has saved us many times this year, but to say he is the only reason for any success we have had this year is a bit harsh.
This was a bit of a wake up call for all of us, and we look forward to improving our performances for the second half of the season.
Good luck to you and your team Dude.
We'll see where both teams finish come the end of the season. I'll reserve my judgement of your team until then.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't have been to a team like Langley, though.

Thought that deserved another quote.

I enjoy playing you guys. Great rivalry. But this post was beyond stupid, especially given how badly you were outplayed and out chanced. Damn right it should have been to a team like us.

aldowarrior

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
~One missed PK.
~One missed point blank header (over the bar).
~One missed breakaway.
~One saved volley sitter from 2 yards (same guy who missed the breakaway).
~One saved point blank header (same guy who missed the PK).
~One night of camping on your side of the pitch.

One team that just can't finish........priceless
ttp

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Dude, without canuck as sportings goalie they wouldn't win or tie as many games as they do. You replace him as your goalie and you guys go from a mid pack team to a bottom dweller. Canuck in my opinion is in the top three if not top two goalies in division one and no I'm not including odog in that.

BROWN ALE

Jan 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley did miss some sitters, they played well there a better team than the standings show. As much as it hurts the way we lost credit must be given to the langley boys for given it for a full 90.

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I want to say thanks to Dude and Irish Rover for the compliments. But at the end of the day I'm only is good as the team in front of me. I can't score goals I can only stop them. There are games where I bail them out and there are games where they bail me out. As the goalie I had every opportunity to secure the win for us lastnight and came up short. I take nothing away from Langley and there win lastnight as they pushed hard right to the end and took the 3 points. I look forward to redeeming myself against the Warriors next week and I know the boys in front of me will come up with a big game as well after lastnight we all have something to prove!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 1 - GEU 0

Tough one today. We had a lot of chances that we didn't finish. Lots of chances getting behind their defense but no goals to show.
They got a tip off a throw that i believe fooled the keeper.

They had a couple of headers that missed the net too. Could have gone either way i think

Good game with a little testyness to go with it.
My condolences to the poor sap who had to grow that 'stache.

Hard to watch from the sidelines.

Nice to finally meet Dope.

Glad we got the top 3 out of the way.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how we did it but we did. Missing the guys we had I really thought we didn't have a chance. Its not just missing players its making everybody play out of position. Our center back and center mid had to play upfront but we got it done. I think GEU was missing a few guys as well but they played really hard and kind of took it to us. 16 was a great player upfront for you guys but he couldn't finish to save his life today. Happy to be home from maple ridge with a win.

The Baron

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Gunners over Dynamo

We missed a lot of chances throughout the game and they only threatened twice. Left it really late -- goals one right after the other with less than 10 to go. Showed a lot of character to not give up and settle for the single point.

Dynamo played with a lot of guys back and seemed content to try to soak up the pressure from us. Overall a pretty clean game.

Definitely need to build bloody fence around that field/track -- especially considering the amount of money the city must've pumped into that gargantuan grandstand that never has more than 10 spectators.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners 2 - Dynamo 0

Game was 0 - 0 until about the 85th minute when we got 2 quick ones in a row to ice it. Nerve racking game with basically no room for error in the standings for us. They maybe had 1 shot on goal all game but defended pretty well. Seemed like they would have been pretty happy to come away with a tie in this one... Anyhow a little sidenote here. - has anyone else had trouble containing this number 13 for the Dynamo, the guy moves in slow motion or something and shields the ball really well. Scored a goal on us last year in cup with a big solo slomo runand almost did it again at the beginning of this one. haha I'm not saying he is a GREAT player but god dam is he hard to check. Andy was reffing the game and I don't think there would have been too many complaints after this one.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how we did it but we did. Missing the guys we had I really thought we didn't have a chance. Its not just missing players its making everybody play out of position. Our center back and center mid had to play upfront but we got it done. I think GEU was missing a few guys as well but they played really hard and kind of took it to us. 16 was a great player upfront for you guys but he couldn't finish to save his life today. Happy to be home from maple ridge with a win.

Thats cause he plays for the Mighty Rams and he is saving the goal scoring for tonight with The Franchise;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners 2 - Dynamo 0

Game was 0 - 0 until about the 85th minute when we got 2 quick ones in a row to ice it. They maybe had 1 shot on goal all game but defended pretty well. Seemed like they would have been pretty happy to come away with a tie in this one... Anyhow a little sidenote here. - has anyone else had trouble containing this number 13 for the Dynamo, the guy moves in slow motion or something and shields the ball really well. Scored a goal on us last year in cup with a big solo slomo runand almost did it again at the beginning of this one. haha I'm not saying he is a GREAT player but god dam is he hard to check. Andy was reffing the game and I don't think there would have been too many complaints after this one.

I respect your comments, but I have to suggest that if your heads get too big you will be crashing hard if and when you play any of the top 8 premier sides.

Opening 10 you guys came at us hard and fast, we kind of over-reacted and you created some early Pressure, I will take responsibility for this after scaring the crap out of my guys in the pre-game talk. From that point on we built up some momentum, started by #13 who held the ball well for us. (PS: Never played you in cup play as far as In know) He is "typically" unrespected but has managed to score 8+ goals a year in D1 for 5 straight years now, so don't own up and say that he's good, would that be HARD for you? The last 22 mins of the 1st half you guys were on your heels and we provided the pressure, it is not above ANY team in this division to acknowledge any weakness, heck the Rangers did it and they are the least likely to be humble.

Your coach made some good changes in tactics to start the 2nd half and you guys earned back the momentum. We were hemmed in for about 15 minutes straight including 2 dangerous free kicks and 4 conseq. corner kicks to finish up the game. If THAT is what you are judging the 90 minutes from then it might have looked lobsided, but I'd fairly say it was about 55-35 in your favour, which is pretty good for a team like ours which is predominantly a defensive team, we allow for a deficit in posession by trying to mark well off the ball.

I should add that full credit goes to our backup Keeper for the stops he did have to make, those that know our team well know we rely on our main guy a lot.

We'd be Pretty happy to come away with a tie? I resent that. Go fuk yourself and let us speak for ourselves, I'd fold up shop the moment we had that attitude. You on the other hand should be happy to get the win but Being faster than the opponent and having an edge in posession, doesn't always ensure it.

Credit to the coaching staff and the system that PM has in place. Good job with some great young talent for sure, and a good clean side which certainly is a pleasure to play against. I'd take 18 games against a side like that, even if we had to lose most of them just to enjoy the pace and level of the game.

I also take some responsibility for that loss, really poor sub with 12 to go which IMO cost us the game.

In closing, according to your post you guys were home pretty much straight after the match, Sorry you all could not stick around to enjoy the beer and hot dogs. Opponents are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0