Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January 2009

I would say calling the skill level of the Dynamo being moderate on average is very fair. They play strong team defense when they're winning, and work hard for their points. Just so happens they've worked really hard for what is it now? Unbeaten in 7? 8? Quite the turn around from losing their first 5 straight?

in all modesty, 9 games

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dewdney United has been an overrated team all year long having played 8 of there first 12 games against teams 11-18 (all teams of which according to them shouldnt even be in the leauge becuase there should only be 10 teams)...Their final 5 games are all against top 10 teams and they started that stretch out with a 4-2 loss. You suck and everyone hates you guys

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

You're right we are overrated, old, slow and will be lucky to finish top 5 but the league should still demote the bottom 10.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

You're right we are overrated, old, slow and will be lucky to finish top 5 but the league should still demote the bottom 10.

JTL

I agree we should be fukcing demoted. Honestly I would say we are the worst team I have ever been apart of right now. Two straight games where I have been left wondering if it is possible that we are just this bad. I don't have confidence that we should or could beat anyone right now without a lot of luck. On to the gunners...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Team Jekyl & Hyde (LUFC Athletic) feels the same way, though I think we'd somehow do just fine in a 10 team 1st division where we get to play everyone twice. We have beaten ourselves time and time again this season, and almost did it again last night while up 4-0.

Anyhow, the team everyone hates...Golden Boot (assuming you're a Gunner...if not, you cerainly have hero worship issues), maybe you and your teammates need to look in the mirror. It is one thing to be a winning squad, quite another to do it with class and panache. True winning squads behave like they've done it before and will do it again. If anything, maybe you guys can look at a team like Dewdney in the late stages of preserving a win, and observe how a team conducts itself. Or the Rangers, or...hell...even us (when we're winning, that is).

No doubt you're talented, no doubt you're well coached and managed, no doubt you're the best team in the division, and no doubt you'll earn promotion. That being said, you guys may be the unclassiest group to go through in several years.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

No doubt you're talented, no doubt you're well coached and managed, no doubt you're the best team in the division, and no doubt you'll earn promotion. That being said, you guys may be the unclassiest group to go through in several years.

Hahaha cya Dude

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

True, cya. Cya in 2 years when you get relegated AGAIN. But best of luck in the top flight.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Meh.

In 27 days I'm officially too old for this division anyhow. Last kick at the Pak starts next week.

warmbencher

Sep 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

That being said, you guys may be the unclassiest group to go through in several years.

WOW. And this is coming from the chirpiest player in the FVSL. For the most part of the forum I believe PM only posted when called out. Sure maybe in the begginng of the season they may have caused some noise but it really died after a few weeks. Im sure if you were in their position Dude, things would have been a lot worst.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hate to say, but been there, done that, and no.

Coming into this year I had a ton of respect for Moody, the way they conducted themselves on and off the pitch, and their staff. Something has changed, as evident when we played them. They were lacking the class they at one time conducted themselves with. Disappointed to see.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, a little late on my game report, but here it is from the Striker's side.

After seeing the Rangers play a couple times this year, we made a game plan to let them pass the ball around the back and wait for them to make a mistake and counter on it. We've never played that way before, so we weren't sure if we'd be able to handle having no posession and just counter-attack. It worked reasonably well, for sure Rangers had like 80% posession, but most of it was pass it back and forth along the back line with a cross to no one in particular. Our goalie was huge on 2 stops, but I'd say in total, chances were fairly even (although we didn't make Stoned Wall work, we just couldn't get our shots inside the post). Rangers changes at half helped them big time as they're very deep on the bench, and to have that kind of quality coming in fresh at half makes it very hard for the opposition.

We're going to be in very hard Friday night in the rematch, especially now that it's a Pak cup game. I've never heard the Rangers room so quiet after a game. Can't wait!

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coming into this year I had a ton of respect for Moody, the way they conducted themselves on and off the pitch, and their staff. Something has changed, as evident when we played them. They were lacking the class they at one time conducted themselves with. Disappointed to see.

So because you don't win, your behavior is somehow more acceptable? You're a grown man in his mid 30's yet you seem to be the person most often in the midst of some sort of immature back and forth banter following every game.

The fact is that the comment I made about Dewdney United which provoked your comments about my lack of respect was in no way out of line. I made a very reasonable observation based on concrete statistics about the strength of there schedule to this point. The only problem you had about what was said is who said it. The root of you're problem is centralized around your reluctancy to age gracefully and your own selfish jealousy which has spurred your unjust allegations towards POMO. Perhaps also a bit by the fact that you know I think you suck!

The truth is that POMO has in no way disrespected this league, just you!

We enjoy TTP as much as the next team and have always had a good laugh about any criticism, whether it be constructive or not. I honestly hope you take our posts in the same way we take yours, as a bunch of good hearted piss taking.

Its all in good fun, enjoy it while you still can!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it were your posts I was referring to, your argument would hold water. Mine are definitely 95% all pisstake, as the site implies. That said, it's real easy to read truth into some, and just figured a little truth was called for yesterday, re: your team's lack of class this season. It was warranted.

No jealously here my friend. The last thing I want- even if I could compete now, which I can't- is another shot at Premier, and Wagner's 3 x weekly 2.5 hour training sessions in the cnuting cold. Have fun with the step up in competition next year.

Through there are a couple of warm bodies left in this division, I think it's a forgone conclusion you'll be going up. Based on your play and results, you deserve it. That doesn't mean I need to respect the way you conduct yourselves in winning, because I don't. That shouldn't be a big deal to you though. What does my opinion matter to you?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...what does it tell you that you make it your business to know who I am, but I have no clue nor care who you are?

Come find me Friday- I'll sign your ballcap after the show.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dewdney United has been an overrated team all year long having played 8 of there first 12 games against teams 11-18 (all teams of which according to them shouldnt even be in the leauge becuase there should only be 10 teams)...Their final 5 games are all against top 10 teams and they started that stretch out with a 4-2 loss. You suck and everyone hates you guys

So how has Pomo faired against Dewdney United the last 2 years?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We're going to be in very hard Friday night in the rematch, especially now that it's a Pak cup game. I've never heard the Rangers room so quiet after a game. Can't wait!

You must've had your head in the sand. Our changeroom was very heated. At least two blowouts between players / coaches etc. I have to give you guys props to for holding the fort - especially for the entire 90.

See you on Friday Stall - there should be a good crowd for our 2nd leg of the Darby.

Expect a few surprises on Friday!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it seems that Pomo can beat up on all the lower teams but has difficulty against the "alleged" better teams. That is interesting isn't it?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how PoMo does in the Premier next year. Definitely they NEED to add at least a couple of veterans to add strength and experience to their lineup.

In fact, they could've been in Premier this year if they didn't get beat last year by one of the alleged top teams at Newton last year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0