Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January 2009

You must've had your head in the sand. Our changeroom was very heated. At least two blowouts between players / coaches etc. I have to give you guys props to for holding the fort - especially for the entire 90.

See you on Friday Stall - there should be a good crowd for our 2nd leg of the Darby.

Expect a few surprises on Friday!

It was just the couple times I was outside I didn't hear anything. I would expect it to be heated, nothing worse than indifference to the outcome of a game. Surprises? Who else could be in the lineup for you guys (other than Curtis, and we know what to expect from him too)? We'll be the same, hopefully adding a D from injury (and having Greener play a whole game would be nice too). It'll be all counter-attack from us :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense to those players who are on the top teams, but if PoMo can't fair well against elder/x-premier players, how well can they do against current Premier players?

I tend to agree with Dude here on the on field acts of some of the Pomo players. I know when we played them, they acted very immature and chiildish. I'm all for a little in-game banter, but a couple of guys were just plain idiotic.

If you disrespect other teams, that is disrespecting the league.

No ones doubting that you guys are a good team, but what's being discussed here is not your TTP ability, it's your on field antics.

PS: Which POMO kid is yours?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't help but make a few comments in regards to Pomo. First what is the average age of the players on your team? I would guess 22 - 24. Where do the quality players in the lower mainland of this age group play? I do believe that it is not FVSL Div. 1. Most of the young talented players that reside in this province either play for SFU or UBC or maybe some of the other smaller colleges. Then when they are done with their season they play for the Whitecaps Reserves Program or they go and play VMSL Premier or maybe at a stretch they play for a FVSL Premier team. So I think that the Pomo boys need to gain some perspective and think about where they are playing, who they are playing with and what they will actually accomplish. I know the answer to the last point is not much.

JTL

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to add further to this little Pomo debate, If I remember correctly we had almost the identical opinions and critique's of ACBC during the last 3 weeks of the season LAST year. They were leaving, we called them out for having little class and various other issues and told them they'd be back sooner than later blah blah blah.

I am actually relatively happy when a team moves up from 1 and is successfull because it gives the FVSL D1 a little more credit and makes me and my team feel just a little bit closer to our "big league" so to speak.

I agree that POMO tends to be a little classless at times, but most of us were probably like that. My group of guys, moving out of U21 and having 2-3 straight successful seasons in a row (before and after U21) were very similar until age crept in at 24/25/26 and they started realizing that it is no longer U21 and they are no longer invincible. We like to think that we are a respected group, and although we have not won anything, even promotion for that matter we have at least earned the respect of most of our opponents.

Anyhow..good luck to POMO, perhaps some cup play will give them a taste of what is to come!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub,

We tied Moody in a game we clearly should have won. We had to go down a man for them to tie the game and the chirping was ridiculous. You guys handed us our asses and not a damn word from your 'kids'. Massive difference. Not sure if that is the mix of experience with the youth or not. I do agree even the Moody parents were full of it. I think JTL summed it up nicely as did Yoda.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...speaking of class. As I mentioned I was really impressed w/ Dynamo's second half on Saturday. That being said, the team on the other side kept going at the Dynamo, and both goals I witnessed were due to fast counter-attacks.

Dewds lost w/ grace. They knew they were out-worked, and knew the Dynamo deserved ( ;) ) the result. In fact, they had enough class to hang around and kindly TTP some old geezer playing outside right about his black underwear under white shorts, and if he'd found his nipple.

Very distracting. :D

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It pleases me to see the Rangers up to now boasting the best GA again this year.

Is this the end of the long standing Div 1 fixtures Sporting?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this the end of the long standing Div 1 fixtures Sporting?

It all depends what the league does. If they stay true to the 3 up, 3 down system, then yes. They may only drop 1 and bring 3 up to get it back to 20. Who knows at this point.

On another note, what's the sub rule for this weekend? 5 during game play and unlimited at half?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to Moody, they do have players that play college. I also don't think there is anything wrong with sticking together and getting better each year as a team and trying to make it to the next level. Sure plenty of young college kids go play VMSL and then they switch teams ever year because they have no attachment to the team. A coach strokes their ego and off they go. I don't think there is anything compendible about that. Soccer around here isn't that great at any level which can be clearly seen by our National team so the debate about FVSL, VMSL, College is moot. I just think the older guys get there feathers ruffled a bit because they expect more respect on TTP because they have been there, where that is exactly I'm not sure. Really a Pak cup doesn't impress me, I would love to win one but still it doesn't impress me. Look at guys like Bored he talks shite about how bad everyone is but it's supposed to be TTP. Moody conducts themselves fine on the field in my opinion it is teams like Langley who kick people in the nuts that I am worried about.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, I think the nut kick thing was learned behavior by one Ted Brennan of the Premier team. Ted was originally recruited and signed by LFC2 on Nukes' recommendation.

Therefore, I blame Nukes. Silly nutslapper.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fact, they could've been in Premier this year if they didn't get beat last year by one of the alleged top teams at Newton last year. ;)

That was guarantee win night...

This year it is Friday against the Strikers, PAK Cup.

It boils me that they took points from us.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Z is anything like the last guy that guaranteed a Victory, you should be worried.

Messier was a Champion and made the right call, but also bald and bi.

Nowadays, i am more like the messier that played for the canucks....but, you should still be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0