Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January 2009

That is a very disapointing score for the Rangers last night.

I watched about a half hour of it and the Strikers were working very hard.

Good job Stallion as you boys had nothing to lose and you battled it out.

I am a big time Ranger supporter here...But sooner ot later boys you are going to have to win these big games and take it to a higher lever.:rolleyes:
(Yes i call a Club Darby a big game!)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am a big time Ranger supporter here...But sooner ot later boys you are going to have to win these big games and take it to a higher lever.:rolleyes:
(Yes i call a Club Darby a big game!)

Or what Coach? Kicked from the Clubhouse? The Club? Hand in the "Rangers" attire and pick a new name?
Maybe Fire Vigneault?

Sounds like a threat to me. ;)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda...R F and staff are meeting to discuss all of the above!

Carry on though.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Man, would it be nice to beat them at the end of the season and be "the team that got the Rangers kicked from the club". The final straw
:)

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unlikely we'll be kicked from the club.

Let's just say that the dressing room was heated after the match.

Strikers better play even better D next week as we're outright fired up now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There's always a return to Whalley, Bullocks.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

we know we're in for an even bigger battle this friday .. we cant wait ..

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

5-2 PAU vs. Aldergrove. Ummm...to start we only had 11 players, Aldergrove only had 9. We scored less then 5 minutes into the game then scored again 5 minutes later. One of our players went down and we were down to 10. Aldergrove then went and outplayed us the rest of the first half. They scored 2 pretty ugly goals back to back and made our defense and midfield look horrible. We got lucky and scored another late in the first half. Early in the 2nd half another one of Aldergrove's players went down and we played 11-9 for the rest of the game. Very good game Aldergrove. It would;'ve been scary if you guys showed up with a full side and I wish you all the best of luck next year. Cheers!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dynamo 4 - GEU 2

Good game at times, we worked the ball around nicely on the counter attacks, and had some good pressure. We went up 2-Nil against the play on two good strikes from range, but the Dewds fought back and we were equal at the half. They came at us pretty hard pushing defenders up into the mix, but in true Dynamo style we defended hard and came out with the win.

The following Athletics and Other Dewd game was lobsided, with the Athletics going up 3-nil early on some realy nice tallies.

The only way Dewd's came out ahead tonight was if they carpooled to Willoughby/.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We ended 4-2 against Dewd Razorbacks. To their credit, they never quit, and actually had a couple more sitters in the 2nd that Keemer saved.

Dynamo looked VERY GOOD in the 2nd half we watched. I could see how they'd been able to go on such a long unbdeaten streak. Excellent work rate.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dynamo 4 - GEU 2

Good game at times, we worked the ball around nicely on the counter attacks, and had some good pressure. We went up 2-Nil against the play on two good strikes from range, but the Dewds fought back and we were equal at the half. They came at us pretty hard pushing defenders up into the mix, but in true Dynamo style we defended hard and came out with the win. QUOTE]

Dynamo were a very hard working team with mild to moderate skill. I am not sure about two good strikes however. The first was a floater from 25 yards and the second was a free kick which ended up in the middle of the net which the goalie misplayed. Credit however goes to the Dynamo who never stopped working. Their left back was a complete wanker but the rest of the team seemed to play well together. We have lost a lot of points to mid table teams this year and its very frustrating. Langley 8 Dewds 4.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

1 word to describe last nights game. Out worked.
The hustled and beat us to everything. 2 goals shouldn't probably have happened but did and put us, again, behind the 8 ball. Like the Canucks, we came from behind and tied it up and thought we were taking over the game, to then fall off the wagon and blow the game.
If we could have finished our early chances we could have put this game away early and been done with it.

Door opened by Rangers is now shut.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

JACKTHELAD said:
Dynamo were a very hard working team with mild to moderate skill. I am not sure about two good strikes however. Their left back was a complete wanker but the rest of the team seemed to play well together.

I'd call any shot that beats a keeper from range a good strike, misplayed or not. You guys on the other hand sky-boxed about 5 range shots which we had to keep shagging. Our mild to moderate skill was more than enough to get the points from you guys, probably because you don't have any respect for other teams and it can occasionally haunt you.

Our Wanker left-back is the result of college meet D1 FVSL soccer..lol.. and he's a pleasure to have on the squad, especially since he's arguably our most skilled player.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mild to moderate skill level, hmm.. I am surprised. I was going to write a post saying how I thought Dewdney was one of the most classy teams we have played this year........anyway just one question who was your guys captain? He battled hard and I thought he was a stand up guy?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

RP was our captain and IS a stand up guy. Always gives 110%.

We have a great knack of shooting ourselves in the foot his year. Yes, we skyrocketed a few shots last night that would have changed the game dramatically, but it wouldnt' be a Dewdney game if we didn't have to come back from down a goal or 2.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'd call any shot that beats a keeper from range a good strike, misplayed or not. You guys on the other hand sky-boxed about 5 range shots which we had to keep shagging. Our mild to moderate skill was more than enough to get the points from you guys, probably because you don't have any respect for other teams and it can occasionally haunt you.

Our Wanker left-back is the result of college meet D1 FVSL soccer..lol.. and he's a pleasure to have on the squad, especially since he's arguably our most skilled player.

Subby,

I am not taking anything away from you guys. I think you deserved to win and played well. Your record of late shows that your team is playing very well and deserves to be in the top five. I don't think you're the most skilled team in the league and you don't need to be insulted by that but we haven't played a team that works as hard as your team and you have some big physical guys as well. So well done and good luck in the cup.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Forgot to mention that reffing was well done last night.
Not sure who the "young" ;) ref was last night but he did a great double header at Willoughby.
Dispite the fact that he cost us the game. :)

Hurricane09

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would say calling the skill level of the Dynamo being moderate on average is very fair. They play strong team defense when they're winning, and work hard for their points. Just so happens they've worked really hard for what is it now? Unbeaten in 7? 8? Quite the turn around from losing their first 5 straight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0