Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - October '05

Which team will go undefeated the longest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - October '05

he is an old standing player with us, and he has a history against that maxwell? guy, last year they got in a big tussle where our player went into his feet really hard and hurt his ankles pretty bad on a rough tackle, and then as they were both getting up, maxwell? two footed boot him in the face which the ref, that same ref, didn't do anything about. so there was some built up before that.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BrandonSampson said:
he is an old standing player with us, and he has a history against that maxwell? guy, last year they got in a big tussle where our player went into his feet really hard and hurt his ankles pretty bad on a rough tackle, and then as they were both getting up, maxwell? two footed boot him in the face which the ref, that same ref, didn't do anything about. so there was some built up before that.

Doesnt explain why he would go after Halvy in the first half.

Or why he would elbow me in the ribs as I was running by him on a corner.

Stepchild, has that affect on a lot of guys...not sure why.... :rolleyes:

middleofthepark

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

[/QUOTE]
Nah.

Only two posible outcomes yesterday. A rangers win, or a tie.
I only recall three chances by your lot. All three were given to you guys on our blunders and your forwards did well to slot them home (Ian made a great save on your third chance).

[/QUOTE]
Hey if that's the way you saw the game Z then thats the way you saw the game. There was alot of battling in the midfield and on the flanks leading to some solid opportunities for both sides.

No explanation for #2, wish I could tell you that was an isolated oppotunity but that would make me a liar. If only I ran the team right?

I think it's fair to say that unless we have a more competent referee for the rematch its likely to get pretty ugly and nobody wants that.

Best of luck in your upcoming matches and we'll see you boys at the Woods.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey if that's the way you saw the game Z then thats the way you saw the game. There was alot of battling in the midfield and on the flanks leading to some solid opportunities for both sides.

I agree...there was some battling in the middle and on the flanks...but I hard pressed to remember any quality chances by your side, other than the three already mentioned.

I am still a but shocked at the reffing last night....not sure if I should be anymore though

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

after our match last year against u guys that i mentioned above, we asked that he not ref anymore of our games because he didn't keep a good enough handle on the games and put our players in jeopardy, and he didn't ref anymore of our games last year until last night he shows up at the field for our rematch with you guys...we were not pleased to see him there and the league must have obviously forgotten.

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:

wait a sec...are you bitching about a player taking cheap shots....let me get a screenshot...cool got it...proceed with attacking players while play is at the other end of the field...#23 to say the least.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:

kind of reminds me of ponyboy on your backline throwing one of our players on too the ground twice behind the play. Not to mention you taking 2 runs at our players in the first 5. People do it to try and throw people off their game. Thats what its like playing against pricks nobody enjoys it but it goes on all the time. On a more important note who dyes there hair bleech blond when they are like 30 years old. Lets do it for johhny man! fukcing ridiculous

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
middleofthepark said:
In all fairness RF you actually didnt kill us.

And in all fairness to you mate I had no fcuking idea how the match went and was just taking the piss.

:D

Kudos to you and Brandon for not biting.

Like some other little girls blouses on here with nipples on their heads from NDFC

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bulljive said:
Not to mention you taking 2 runs at our players in the first 5.

There is a difference between getting stuck in on a tackle, and throwing an elbow behind the play, or throwing a punch during the game.

I am all for getting into a tackle...

I am actually more upset that #2 went off right after he elbowed me.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bulljive said:
On a more important note who dyes there hair bleech blond when they are like 30 years old. Lets do it for johhny man! fukcing ridiculous

Great stuff, I love the Outsiders pisstake, gave me a laugh for the first time in this thread.

It was a back and forth game on friday night, with Rangers not finishing our chances AGAIN, we won't win any league if we continue to finish like we do, shots must get on net so that there is at least a rebound.

As for the ref, I am new to this one ref system for all games, I am used to linesmen there to help the ref out with the behind the play shitt. I have to say, players are two quick to get on the ref when in fact, they are the ones that are going into tackles late or are stumbling with the ball because of a little contact. Ya the ref should have played some injury time, but some of the tackles and whinning that the refs put up with week to week, I am surprised anyone shows up on friday nights. Well onto Poco Raiders next Friday, should be a good one.
I am dying my hair Silver for that one, and I am doing it for Kemper, doing it for Kemper Man!

hos

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know the score of the GEU vs North Delta FC game? Alphlex did the boys show up to play tonight?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

girth said:
Anyone know the score of the GEU vs North Delta FC game? Alphlex did the boys show up to play tonight?

1-0 UP WITH 15 TO GO AND LOST 3-1

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

girth said:

they definately showed up to play and were playing some great work-horse soccer. Game started with 11 men for GEU and later another player showed up to give them a 1 bench sub from the look of it. I guess they just got tired at the end.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU-1 @ NDFC-3

GEU opened the scoring in the 1st half on a pretty weak goal that I'm sure our keeper wishes he had back. This seemed to give GEU some life as they worked really hard and stayed competitive while NDFC seemed to lack intensity and motivation, although we still had the good majority of scoring chances, we just couldn't find the back of the net. C-thru stepped it up with about 15 left to play and scored both the game tying and game winning goals on a couple of great shots both off of the posts. Our left mid then slotted one past the keeper and into the corner to seal the deal.

It looks as though GEU will be losing their Div 1 spot this year as I can't see them avoiding relegation. They have a couple of good players but when you are struggling to get 12 guys out to a game and your shorts and socks don't match, things aren't really looking on the up and up.

RAGE

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Div. 1 MOTW - Oct. 7th to 9th

well lets start off with sporting, who is this sporting team, they come into this league thinking they're the big shots, and they can't win a fricking game if they paid for it, yet there is not a team to take it to them, and they still lose games? If they would keep there errors down this team will be in the ranks. Who will be the first team to compete with this sporting team? For a free demonstration of complete domination,
ALBION GRASS FRI 7:30pm SPORTING VS.GEU last year they beat SPO 8-2

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

RAGE said:
For a free demonstration of complete domination,
ALBION GRASS FRI 7:30pm SPORTING VS.GEU last year they beat SPO 8-2
This years GEU DIV 1 team didnt beat sporting 8-2 last year.

Should be a good game, and I hope to see GEU get there first win.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
Should be a good game, and I hope to see GEU get there first win.
That should be a great feeling for the young guys and when it happens hopefully they can string a couple more together and build their confidence.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

C-thru said:
they definately showed up to play and were playing some great work-horse soccer.

Pretty much sums up GEU's effort Saturday night. A couple of notes from my perspective: Firstly, GEU worked hard enough to get the win, and NDFC worked just hard enough at the end to steal the win. Secondly, JB was NOT shocking for the first time this season, and actually did a credible job. Fair, consistent and kept his chatter to a minimum. Thirdly, we (NDFC) need to pick up our intensity and work hard for 90 min, though we did show our ability to strike quickly and control the play for large stretches. Good result against a game GEU squad that will likely be relegated unless they add some talent to the roster to match their work ethic.

On to GN next week at NAP.

~Shaven

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ah, back from a nice long weekend. Did not start well, not a well played game from the Rangers. PM finished on our mistakes, otherwise no real threats from either side apart from the prior mentioned chances. Brandon, classy team I must add....as for #2, the jackass deserves what he got....gets. I lure a lot of people into doing dumb things, but the shiiiit he pulls and has pulled on our team like several blind picks, etc is crap. BS, Not saying my kick was not bad, but more crap happened prior to his nasty tackle you speak of. The incident Z is talking about was a continuation of something he pulled on me seconds before....I retaliated knowing the ref would miss it and he then attacked Z. Obviously this guy is a liability since your team immediately took him off. No beef with your team at all, actually you guys are too nice! :mad:

Weekend shaped up with a FireRangers western championship and lots of turkey. Tough tuesday for our lads as we prepare for the Poco boys who have our #.

sam1 said:
the knights have moved onto greener pastures!
I almost miss you guys as the new NDFC boys just cannot seem to move on and seem to think their shiiit doesn't stink. :rolleyes: Just remember C-thru, etc....both teams seemed hell bent on kicking eachother. You do not hear us still moaning about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0