Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Banter and results. Sept. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition said:
Agreed Dude. Just keeps going back to the same old argument of which team should be in which divisions.

Imo, it's just making Div.1 alot less competitive. If they had kept it as 1A and 1B, Them 1B was your Div1 from last year with the promoted teams and 1A, well that was basically just a bunch of Div.2 teams just brought up to make a huge Div1.

Like I said, same old argument. Just go back to a Div1 through Div5 and suck it up and make the divisions more competative.

Just my 2bits

Agreed 100%.

Now I'm going to rip this band-aid off fast: we lost 6-1 today to a very hard working Aldergrove squad. 6-1. That isn't a misprint.

We've been keeping somewhat hush about this, but may as well load on the pressure now, because our squad needs it: we have arguably the strongest team in the league- on paper. Any of you that know who we have signed will agree. Today, we collectively showed up to the pitch, walked on, got on our hands and knees, and pointed our asses to the clouds (to steal a great quote). I have not been involved in such an embarrassing score line in well over 4 years.

Embarrassed for myself, and embarrassed for my club.

We will right the ship.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Embarrassed for myself, and embarrassed for my club.

We will right the ship.

and I thought I was going to hear it from you for our loss... we are all in the same ship apparently!

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should the league not turn to the teams and their reps to decide what to do with the divisional alignment. A change after the start of the season seems just stupid. How about we all get to vote on it?? I think most teams would agree that it was just fine with 2 groups. They still should have just stuck with maybe 8 teams a side to keep up the level of competition.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Should the league not turn to the teams and their reps to decide what to do with the divisional alignment..

No, they only consult the PREMIER teams when making a change to the 150 TEAM league, or at least consult them when the decision affects them.

I would have loved some representation.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
No, they only consult the PREMIER teams when making a change to the 150 TEAM league, or at least consult them when the decision affects them.

I would have loved some representation.

Bush!

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Should the league not turn to the teams and their reps to decide what to do with the divisional alignment. A change after the start of the season seems just stupid. How about we all get to vote on it?? I think most teams would agree that it was just fine with 2 groups. They still should have just stuck with maybe 8 teams a side to keep up the level of competition.

that's why they have an AGM and an executive group in place:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bigbag said:
that's why they have an AGM and an executive group in place:D

With all respect, all D1 decisions were made behind closed doors as far as I am aware and originated with the Private Premier Manager/League meetings to discuss Cat and it's role and/or merging with D1. If anyone had mentioned at the AGM that D1 was going to be going under the knife I am sure it would have invited some discussion.

It looks to me like cat was folded into D1 (a decision made a few months ago now) but there was no further planning done and we are making it up as we go along.

Who knows, after game 5 we may get demoted to D2 under your new system. ;)

I wish the executive involved the team managers in major issues, despite the constitution clearly stating:

4(f) The Executive shall decide the composition of the League and the divisional structure, the number of divisions and the number of teams in each division.

Anyhow... enough of that my Club has it's own problems.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the saga continues...........Vancouver vs the Valley. Another shot against an already diminishing league. Coach, all the Valley Faithful hope you can try to get this ship back in the right direction.

Back on the topic of the division. Highlanders 4 Whalley 0 in a very one sided match. Hopefully we have started to gel a bit :)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not taken anything away from any given game...but How huge is next weeks game against Poco now that we only play them once.

Just got a hold of a tentative schedule...looks like we still play ony teams within our side...

WTF ?:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF indeed.

Coach, Big Bag, or whoever...can somebody sort this out? What is the final word?

Personally, liked the split groups better, as it gives us a home and home...and good God, do we need that home / home scenario right now.

If it is the other way, whatever. Fine.

Just tell us what it is.

I try to give rope to those who volunteer their time, but seriously, this is getting stupid now.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be an announcement from the league........soon........unofficially div 1 will be 1 div with all playing each other 1 time, top team will be promoted to premier and 2nd place playing a playoff with 9th in premier

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Are AGM meetings not in place to make pre-season decisions not week 3 decisions ????

Dude said:
I try to give rope to those who volunteer their time, but seriously, this is getting stupid now.

Spot on with both of these statements. I'm still baffled as to why there is this much confusion, and this much of a scramble to get things in order now 3 weeks into the season.

So they axed the CAT division, fine. Shouldn't there have been a plan in place as for how to arrange all the Div 1 teams at that point? And now I hear rumors of the CAT division being reinstated next year? Seriously, what was the point then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0