Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha, no way. Best central defender I've ever had the pleasure playing with. O'doyle rules!.

What about me before I was a cripple?

And I guess I should have taken the invite to join the hype back when I had the chance!!! Congrats on a great year. Good luck next weekend in the Final. One step further every year! A win would make two in one year. Buck the trend and win it.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 game, what about carnie? did the league rightly overturn it?

Nope, he's done for the year. I'd say you guys got off lucky, but Pauly's playing like a man possessed and Hauser will cause fits all day long. Plus we're all going to be wearing our "Free Carnie" t-shirts in support, gives us extra motivation :D Colin must be breathing a massive sigh of relief.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elbowroom Mickeyc9 and hamburglar, that was a good game last night...you guys are young, fast, but perhaps too young...a bit of a lack of focus killed bcu last night after they outplayed us thoroughly for the first 30 minutes or so....they get a guy sent off, nick a well taken and won goal off of a setpiece to gp up 1-0 , then Paul sprung to life and finished off an excellent Nate Ward play...Paul with his second, a really gorgeous goal in the early part of the second half chest to volley between two defenders...then Hauser finishing them off with a cracker around the wall far top corner from 20 yards in stoppage time.
The sending off was just your guy losing his temper...too bad because it really swung the game in our favor.
Thought the game was hard but not dirty and we had a bit more focus and experience and it paid off. Unlucky bcu, your team will just get better.
This was an excellent division this year with TWU, Aldergrove, bcu, us and the knights.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I guess you'll have to change your avatar to "Believe the Hype"!

Like you said we owned the first 30 minutes and then as Don Taylor would say "a bruhaha insued" and off goes our centreback on a retaliation play. And right in front of the ref, I was like jeez #$%&. Of all the places and games you retaliate. Though we were still able to put 1 in and take the lead 1 man short. That was the game changer. Anyways.
It's definitely a young team lacks some maturity and experience in handling big games, and focus when needed, but that will come in time.

Must admit Hauser goal was a beaut of a free kick.

You guys should definitely change your avatar, hype is given to teams with no substance or can't play well, but you guys have a good team and play well.

Good Luck in Presidents Cup and Provincials to both Nomads and Inter.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should definitely change your avatar, hype is given to teams with no substance or can't play well, but you guys have a good team and play well.

Good Luck in Presidents Cup and Provincials to the Nomads

No. We are forever the Hype now. We're applying for a name change for next year so you might as well get used to it ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
for a good laugh go look at the suspension list for div 2 right now

I think the Knights will be in div 2 next yr

Seen as they have 7 different guys suspended and they can't win the league, i'd say they will beat arsenal but lose to the young guns. you guys should be the team staying up, congrats despite making it hard on yourselfs. however personally i'd rather see 5 teams go up and marga f**k off to div 18 or somewhere around there,The other team being abby or mission.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen as they have 7 different guys suspended and they can't win the league, i'd say they will beat arsenal but lose to the young guns. you guys should be the team staying up, congrats despite making it hard on yourselfs. however personally i'd rather see 5 teams go up and marga f**k off to div 18 or somewhere around there,The other team being abby or mission.

100% agree, Marga is gonna get kicked just as bad next year too, waste to have Abby, Mission or BC Utd be in a lower division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My gut feeling is 5 teams will go up... it always happens that a team folds or merges with another team in the club...

Hopefully the following year we will find our way up...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crappy weekend for games, there aren't any interesting ones out there are they? I assume Inter will be resting guys as well so they won't have any nagging injuries for the final.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My gut feeling is 5 teams will go up... it always happens that a team folds or merges with another team in the club...

Hopefully the following year we will find our way up...

No one's moving up... 3 stay in second: Inter, Young Guns & Nomads... the rest down to 3rd ...

new format : FVSL Schedules

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The New Div.2 is the 6 relegated Div.1 teams, and 3 Division 2 Winners, and I believe the Winner of the Presidents Cup.
Nomads, Inter, Young Guns promote via Division Title. Nomads or Inter will be Presidents Cup winner.
So the 4th spot will default to the team with the next highest points. Knights or Abby Utd. Abby wins the next 2 they are in, if not, goes to Knights.
BC United gets in as well via the ACBC Div.1 spot which I took over this year.
And from what I have heard/rumours Marga will be requested to drop to Div.3 (0-0-18 88 goals against), which leaves another spot open for Mission.
You also have the mergers and/or teams folding scenario as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The New Div.2 is the 6 relegated Div.1 teams, and 3 Division 2 Winners, and I believe the Winner of the Presidents Cup.
Nomads, Inter, Young Guns promote via Division Title. Nomads or Inter will be Presidents Cup winner.
So the 4th spot will default to the team with the next highest points. Knights or Abby Utd. Abby wins the next 2 they are in, if not, goes to Knights.
And from what I have heard/rumours Marga will be requested to drop to Div.3 (0-0-18 88 goals against), which leaves another spot open for Mission.

Sounds about right, and that would make a solid, solid D2. No easy games, that's for sure.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got this email awhile back...

Reminder that the top 4 teams in Division 2 will remain in the NEW 10 team Division 2 to join with the bottom 6 from Division 1.

· Division 2A - Winner
· Division 2B - Winner
· Division 2C – Winner

· plus the best (highest points) 2nd Place finisher

The remaining Division 2 teams will be in the NEW Division 3A and 3B

Good luck to all teams as you finish the 2010/2011 season!

Regards,

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one's moving up... 3 stay in second: Inter, Young Guns & Nomads... the rest down to 3rd ...

new format : FVSL Schedules

Yeah I know how the format works (better then you apparently) I was just saying my gut feeling is one of the teams coimng down from div 1 will ethier fold of merge meaning another team from old div2 will remain in new div 2.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing I will give the VMSL over the FVSL is having a playoff if another team needs to be promoted and there is more than 1 division in play. If I'm any of the other 2 teams and assuming they want to go up I'd be choked. What if 1 div is weaker than the other? Easiest way is to have a playoff and if you play a mid week game like teams have been doing now it can be finished in a week.

On another note didn't BCU take over ACBC's div 1 spot and if so with them coming down and them saying they will overhaul wouldn't most of the BCU guys go to the div 2 team?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I didn't read that in the reg/promo section... not saying it's not true, but they should have written it down to make it all legal like.. this is all it says:

Division 2 - 1st Place teams in 2A - 2B - & 2C - Win Division Trophy
Divisional Winners of 2A, 2B & 2C are Promoted to NEW Division 2
Bottom (TBA) in each Division Relegated to Division 3A & 3B

That's pretty harsh !! maybe they should playoff with the surrey Bullets 79 goals against... :)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I know how the format works (better then you apparently) I was just saying my gut feeling is one of the teams coimng down from div 1 will ethier fold of merge meaning another team from old div2 will remain in new div 2.

maybe you still don't understand ... (apparently) THERE IS NO MOVING UP! only staying the same, or going down... there is only moving up in 1st div, & masters 1st div...

again:

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't read that in the reg/promo section... not saying it's not true, but they should have written it down to make it all legal like.. this is all it says:

Division 2 - 1st Place teams in 2A - 2B - & 2C - Win Division Trophy

Yeah they should update it.

You know looking at some of teams, even the NEW Div.3 is going to be really competitive next year, with the likes of TWU, CMF, Gunners, our Div.3 team, maybe Abby Utd and so on.

Though on the note of updating, I think if the league is going to keep the NEW Div.3 at only 20 teams as stated, they are going to have to notify the bottom 3 Div.2 teams at some point they are going to Div.4. Cause that's will be a shock to some. Though some may say whatever/might not care.

Cause if you look at the numbers, let's say that a max of 5 Div.2 teams stay in the NEW Div.2.
That leaves 25 Div.2 teams, and 3 Div.3 Winners. And the league stated it would only be a 20 team Div.3.
28 teams in NEW Div.3 :confused:
Somebody got to go to Div.4 to work out the numbers.

On another note didn't BCU take over ACBC's div 1 spot and if so with them coming down and them saying they will overhaul wouldn't most of the BCU guys go to the div 2 team?

Yeah terma, the majority of the present BCU Div.2 players will go up or stay in Div.2, with some of the ACBC Div.1 players integrated into BC United and joining the Div.2 team. And the rest will make up the Div.3 BCU team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0