Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope! 0-0 till the break then they scored two early in the second half but we came back to tie it up and that's how it finished. They pushed hard but I guess they were to tired from their game on Saturday. If they didn't have so many suspensions they may have won the game. :cool:

no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you, thank you very very much

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 1 BC United 1

Nice way to end the year... team definitely came together down the stretch with only one loss in 2011.

Center back for BC United revcieved a red (2nd yellow) with about 20 minutes to go... I have a feeling he will be sitting for at least 5 games next year with the choice words he had for the ref.

Anywho - any news on 7 aside this year?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi, their other Centre back took a red card in our game against them too, yikes. They'll be missing two stud defenders for the first game of next year.

So If I read all of this correctly, we have the following:
Winners: 2A (Inter) 2B (Nomads-Hype) 2C (young Guns)
Inter vs Hypesters Final

therefore the 4th and final provincial spot/stay up in D2 should be (points wise anyways) TBL's GEU Knights...

Well done.

too bad BCU couldn't get tied up points wise with the Knights, although they hold the head to head... it would have proved 100% our division- 2B was the toughest, which is what most normal thinking observers already think. ;)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi, their other Centre back took a red card in our game against them too, yikes. They'll be missing two stud defenders for the first game of next year.

So If I read all of this correctly, we have the following:
Winners: 2A (Inter) 2B (Nomads-Hype) 2C (young Guns)
Inter vs Hypesters Final

therefore the 4th and final provincial spot/stay up in D2 should be (points wise anyways) TBL's GEU Knights...

Well done.

too bad BCU couldn't get tied up points wise with the Knights, although they hold the head to head... it would have proved 100% our division- 2B was the toughest, which is what most normal thinking observers already think. ;)

whats this provincial spot you speak of

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the FVSL gets 4 spots at BCSA B Forms Provincials (Is it the Millar Cup?) at least we have in previous years...

They usually go to the 3 division winners and the team that wins the Pres Cup, or the runner up if the winner is a pool winner... this year (assuming we still have the 4 spots) it would make sense to me to either give the 4th Provincials berth to your BK's or to the winner of a playoff game between the Semi finals losers Aldergrove vs Abby... Which could be played at cup finals day...

This year Provincials will be good, as it is no longer a weekend tourney, it is a single knockout 16 team tourney played over 5 weeks with a week off for Easter. Semis hosted by the VMSL and Finals hosted by Aldergrove.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From an email sent to all FVSL team managers by Mr. Mills on November 2nd 2010.
This past weekend the FVSL attended the BCSA Senior League meetings to discuss various scheduling and allocations for Provincial Cup play.

BC Soccer Provincial Cup Finals 2010/2011

FINALS HOST – FVSL (Fraser Valley Soccer League) & MWSL (Metro Womens Soccer League)

DATE – May 14/15 2011

LOCATION – To Be Determined Wednesday Nov 3, 2010

Allocations

A Cup (20 teams)
There will be 20 teams again this season – VMSL 9; VISL 5; FVSL 5; PCSL 1
(A formal review of the allocation process has been approved by BCSA)
QUALIFIERS (PLANNED) Pakenham Cup Winner; Premier League Cup Winner; TOP 3 in Premier League

B Cup (16 teams)
The B Cup will run in conjunction with all other competitions instead of being a separate tournament style competition.– VMSL 4; VISL 3; FVSL 4; BMSL 2; RSSL 3
QUALIFIERS (PLANNED) President’s/Garry Knights Cup Winner; Top 3 in League

Masters Cup (20 teams)
There will be 20 teams this season as we have a NEW 4 team Masters Division/League in North Island – VMSL 7; VISL 5; FVSL 4; NSCL 3; NIML 1
QUALIFIERS (PLANNED) Masters Cup Winner; TOP 3 in league

U21 (16 teams)
There will be 16 teams this year as the VMSL has requested more allocated spots as they have the largest amount of teams at 12 – VMSL 6; VISL 6; FVSL 4
QUALIFIERS (PLANNED) U21 Cup Winner; TOP 3 in league

Schedule
Preliminary Round (20 teams) April 9/10
1st Round (16 teams) April 16/17
EASTER WEEKEND NO GAMES
2nd Round April 30/May 1
Semi Finals (VMSL HOST) May 7/8
Finals May 14/15
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So (Planned) means they basically will pick the next-in-line team, which I would think they would go on points for. The Knights would be a fantastic choice and give teams fits in provincials.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
.... it would have proved 100% our division- 2B was the toughest, which is what most normal thinking observers already think. ;)

Hmmm this debate goes every year as to which group is the toughest... my opinion has always been the most ties shows which group has the most parody. Not necessarily the best team (s), but toughest group. The groups where there are clearly a top team or two over the others (and weaker teams at the bottom) makes it skewed as to how they really got their points... piling up goals and points on shittier teams.
number of Games ending in a draw:
2A - 28
2B - 12
2C - 14

Clearly, "B" had less parody, so the top teams look better on paper due to less ties... which means that the other teams weren't as strong (IE: Weaker teams to beat up on)
Having said that, I think the top team in each group were superior, and Inter is likely the best of all Div2 (the only team in the entire Valley who didn't have a loss) ... better than the top in the other groups as well...

just my 2¢ worth....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, however 2B had the best top end teams imho.
2A had only Mission and Inter and a strong second class
2B had us, BCU, Knights, TWU and Aldergrove with no middle class
2C had Young guns and Abby and a middle class...

I'd say 2B was worst because there was no consistency in who you played week in week out, you could play a BCU that thumped a Clones team 13-0 then play the Bullets then play a team that beat BCU...

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Center back for BC United revcieved a red (2nd yellow) with about 20 minutes to go... I have a feeling he will be sitting for at least 5 games next year with the choice words he had for the ref.

To be honest, I don't think the ref understood a single word our Centreback told him. He openly admitted English isn't his first language. He just knows "Shut It" or "Shut Up"
That's why our CB and really everyone didn't get the ref. At one point someone said "For what... " and that was the first yellow.
He definitely needs to take an ESL course just to get a better grasp with communicating what he wants to players and/or to explain his calls a little better. Would be better for him. Strangely enough, he also doesn't believe shoulder to shoulder exists in soccer either.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe we had the same guy, our guy got taken out on a breakaway last man, and they got a yellow, we questioned him on "he's the last man and they took him out" ref" yes whats your point?" player: "thats a red for last man back" ref: "so, you got the call what more you want?" shocking. He almost gave me a red for going back and forth with another player, no swearing just banter, told me to watch my mouth or "you gonna get a red for that bad talk" Im almost ready to play with the honor system and leave these guys at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0