Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really weird, just that all three have the same thing in common youth? speed? good coaching? am I wrong or right? Sometimes when a team comes in from Div3 they have that swagger and are riding momentum and just pass on by. look at the Pomo Gunners two years ago. came in from U21. smashed Div2a and are now on there way to prem. just like I predicted two years ago. well mind you they have to win on Saturday first. I hope next season we don't get The Nomads or ACBC. have fun in Div1 Stal.
our PA team is not young - average age is ~33. we've a bunch of guys who came down from the old cat division a couple of years back and we just really started to gel. we've usually had a pretty solid d-line, and the pick-ups added the scoring touch we so desperately needed... and voila... right back where we're all too old to play... :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You lucky bastards ;) Good luck next year glad we don't have to play you or Mission next year. As far as the 2A winners they'll be back to div 2. (that was for you westcoast).

Cheers

Thanks, I'm hoping for at leat 9 points from forfeits, just to enable us to stay up :D

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You lucky bastards ;) Good luck next year glad we don't have to play you or Mission next year. As far as the 2A winners they'll be back to div 2. (that was for you westcoast).

Cheers
perhaps the pa div 1 and 2 teams will just keep swapping?:rolleyes: can't see the relegated div 1 side not crushing most of the div 2 teams... esp if they can play together....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps the pa div 1 and 2 teams will just keep swapping?:rolleyes: can't see the relegated div 1 side not crushing most of the div 2 teams... esp if they can play together....

I can't either, again, still surprised of their record with the guys thay have, regardless of whether you can play together or not. I'll have to check them out at the 7-A-Side to see how different the squad is from when I was there.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't either, again, still surprised of their record with the guys thay have, regardless of whether you can play together or not. I'll have to check them out at the 7-A-Side to see how different the squad is from when I was there.
yah, those guys have some pretty good skill and speed... though if practice is an indication, they do have a tendency to ball hog... what i mean about not playing together...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...glad we don't have to play you (whalley) or Mission next year...
you'll have to play us again though :D...mission and whalley both good young teams that deserve to go up playing in competitive divisions. peace arch in 2a did have a lot of easy teams to play against....needing only 32 points to get to div 1 whereas in 2b n 2c teams needed 40+ to move on...the league should make the top 3 d2 teams overall move up...that way if a team clinces their division a month ahead of time it's incentive for them to keep winning games....but that's not the way it is...congrats to whalley, mission (bastards!;)) and peace arch even though i don't think you guys should go up...good luck next year....see you all next week at the finals/ 7aside..

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
you'll have to play us again though :D...mission and whalley both good young teams that deserve to go up playing in competitive divisions. peace arch in 2a did have a lot of easy teams to play against....needing only 32 points to get to div 1 whereas in 2b n 2c teams needed 40+ to move on...the league should make the top 3 d2 teams overall move up...that way if a team clinces their division a month ahead of time it's incentive for them to keep winning games....but that's not the way it is...congrats to whalley, mission (bastards!;)) and peace arch even though i don't think you guys should go up...good luck next year....see you all next week at the finals/ 7aside..

Bitter???? I think so.

Remember jimmy you promised purple kush.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
peace arch in 2a did have a lot of easy teams to play against....needing only 32 points to get to div 1 whereas in 2b n 2c teams needed 40+ to move on...the league should make the top 3 d2 teams overall move up...that way if a team clinces their division a month ahead of time it's incentive for them to keep winning games....but that's not the way it is...congrats to whalley, mission (bastards!;)) and peace arch even though i don't think you guys should go up...good luck next year....see you all next week at the finals/ 7aside..

here we go again...

...Westcoast remind us all again the cup head2heads...I seem to recall 2c not doing so well - talk about an 'easy' league :rolleyes:

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The divison leaders are leaders for a reason. Regardless of teams in their group. There may have been some dominant teams in 2b or c that didn't get promoted, but the reason there might be more teams with 40+ is because you have utter crap at the bottom. 2A didn't have any one dominant team, nor did it have any utter crap. It was very even from top to bottom (not necessarily saying much). That being said, if you want to ensure the "best" teams go up for down. Why not take the 3 division leaders plus the next best 1 record and have a playedown system for 4 teams or however you want it. That's an option, or just win all yoru games and stop bitching if you don't move up or down.

Just a thought.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 2a can't of been that bad i mean we played the titans who finished well down and only beat them 1-0 and white rock only lost on pens to whalley, i know its cup and its the luck off the draw but hey there was 2 2a teams in the semis and as for surrey i do believe they are a very good team and the idea someone made of maybe 4 teams going up would be good to cause then the 3 teams plus the next best 3rd team which would probs make it turn out something like a playoff between white rock, wolves, coyotes, and the rams, that could be drawn at random, like a semi then final format all neutral grounds so no home team advantage. if not the idea of 4 team cause thats somewhat unfair then just between the 3 2nd place teams have a round robin if tied after that then the goals for and against rule to come in, however if that did happen i'd say surrey to win cause on their day their as good as us.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 2a can't of been that bad i mean we played the titans who finished well down and only beat them 1-0 and white rock only lost on pens to whalley, i know its cup and its the luck off the draw but hey there was 2 2a teams in the semis and as for surrey i do believe they are a very good team and the idea someone made of maybe 4 teams going up would be good to cause then the 3 teams plus the next best 3rd team which would probs make it turn out something like a playoff between white rock, wolves, coyotes, and the rams, that could be drawn at random, like a semi then final format all neutral grounds so no home team advantage. if not the idea of 4 team cause thats somewhat unfair then just between the 3 2nd place teams have a round robin if tied after that then the goals for and against rule to come in, however if that did happen i'd say surrey to win cause on their day their as good as us.

wow im horrible at english haha i just re-read that and i barley understood it lol

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 2a can't of been that bad i mean we played the titans who finished well down and only beat them 1-0 and white rock only lost on pens to whalley, i know its cup and its the luck off the draw but hey there was 2 2a teams in the semis and as for surrey i do believe they are a very good team and the idea someone made of maybe 4 teams going up would be good to cause then the 3 teams plus the next best 3rd team which would probs make it turn out something like a playoff between white rock, wolves, coyotes, and the rams, that could be drawn at random, like a semi then final format all neutral grounds so no home team advantage. if not the idea of 4 team cause thats somewhat unfair then just between the 3 2nd place teams have a round robin if tied after that then the goals for and against rule to come in, however if that did happen i'd say surrey to win cause THEY'RE CRAZY.
i don't understand a bit of it except for the part you said we're crazy :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rams 2 Coyotes 0....rest my case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0