Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we're not sure what the make-up will be... most of the team have either never played that level (me for eg), or came down from div 1 or the old cat team cu they didn't want to chase young punks 10-15 yrs their junior. our team average age is 33 (what's yours stal? yer the oldest aren't ya?). the div 1 team has some skilled players but i think the problem was more attitude and team play. so not sure...we'll be having a team or 2 team meeting.. if lostmytouch comes on, he'll have a good take on it as he was playing higher levels before and doesn't want to anymore...

my opinion for myself is to a: give it a shot and see if i get playing time (will have to run lots this summer) or b: follow the main core of guys - all the ones who stick around for drinks after games for 2-3 hours! so, we'll see... though it does take a long time to heal up from games nowadays... and i'll be 33 next season too...

but it's good to have the win and get promoted twice... esp since i've only played since i was 26.

Yeah, I'm in the oldest bracket anyway, some guys turned 26 before me. We really only have 2 ages on our team, my friends who are 26, and then the younger brothers and friends who are 21. That makes sense about the team thing, I know the guys I mentioned were good team guys. See you this Saturday?

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I'm in the oldest bracket anyway, some guys turned 26 before me. We really only have 2 ages on our team, my friends who are 26, and then the younger brothers and friends who are 21. That makes sense about the team thing, I know the guys I mentioned were good team guys. See you this Saturday?
i'll try to be there... my wife is playing the aldergrove over30 women's tournie this weekend, so i must watch my son...

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like I am, it'd be a good time to bring him out and watch all the soccer, make sure he plays the right sport :)
he's watched a few of our games... actually saw his first game at 6 days old... well, he was in the car....

as for sports, he'll be in soccer, rugby and hockey... and apparently swimming - he has some big ass feet!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hope you lose :D

sorry buddy 5-0 mission lol, hope you guys get promotion next year good luck and were off to div 1 wooo hopefully get a couple new faces and see what happens also congrats to peace arch and whalley for their championships too but whalley we'll take the cup if you want?? lol saturday 1pm can't wait.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry buddy 5-0 mission lol, hope you guys get promotion next year good luck and were off to div 1 wooo hopefully get a couple new faces and see what happens also congrats to peace arch and whalley for their championships too but whalley we'll take the cup if you want?? lol saturday 1pm can't wait.

We were going to just give it to you but we thought it's better to drink celebratory beer so we figured we'd try and give you a run and see what we can do :D

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct, all 3 played in D3 last year. Weird.

Not really weird, just that all three have the same thing in common youth? speed? good coaching? am I wrong or right? Sometimes when a team comes in from Div3 they have that swagger and are riding momentum and just pass on by. look at the Pomo Gunners two years ago. came in from U21. smashed Div2a and are now on there way to prem. just like I predicted two years ago. well mind you they have to win on Saturday first. I hope next season we don't get The Nomads or ACBC. have fun in Div1 Stal.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were going to just give it to you but we thought it's better to drink celebratory beer so we figured we'd try and give you a run and see what we can do :D

What you can't make them forfiet. you might have to play a game and win? we should have played you guys the last game of the year it would have been way better. damn forfiets.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really weird, just that all three have the same thing in common youth? speed? good coaching? am I wrong or right? Sometimes when a team comes in from Div3 they have that swagger and are riding momentum and just pass on by. look at the Pomo Gunners two years ago. came in from U21. smashed Div2a and are now on there way to prem. just like I predicted two years ago. well mind you they have to win on Saturday first. I hope next season we don't get The Nomads or ACBC. have fun in Div1 Stal.

PAU aren't young or particularly fast, more solid and got some decent experienced guys.

More a case of us not starting the season until Oct by which time we were too far behind. Plus the Titans didn't get their act together until this past month. And of course, Westcoast ran into suspension problems.

PAU simply were consistent for the full year, and rightfully got the reward for that.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What you can't make them forfiet. you might have to play a game and win? we should have played you guys the last game of the year it would have been way better. damn forfiets.

I actually tried to poison them last night so they couldn't play, but alas it didn't work. I would have much rather played a game last weekend, especially one that meant something so we'd be a little better prepared for this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts