Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - DYNAMO 0

We got outworked, and when we did work hard it was too many solo efforts. Exact opposite of last week, not sure how we can achieve some more consistancy!

PAU scored a goal at the 75 min mark, and then scored a finisher at about the 85.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
sure hope you took max points from this game....;)

We did, but we did everything in our power to give points back. We had the sub nazi, who I now realize is a different guy than I thought everyone was talking about. Either way, called a great game, and not one yellow card for substitutions. We somehow have to figure out a way to play the last 20 minutes like the first 70, instead of letting teams back into it. Cost us a ton of points already, got lucky it didn't again.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keyword = FITNESS. I remember it from 10 years ago when I played for Lamont.

Thats not it though, it's not like we're tired, we just stop playing the style we had all game. And when you play the system we have right, its actually less running anyway. I say its experience, where you guys have been winning for years and have no problem closing out games, we're not there yet. Soon I hope :D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So guys..any of you top 5 teams given any thought as far as promotion goes?
The way I see it..Top 4 move up and 5th place Div 1 plays 9th place Premier.(promo/Reli game)
Rangers finnally move up?...Cause it will be div 1 now that there is a new Premier division.
Or stay down in the new div 2.
Lots of the old div 2, teams moveing up to fill the holes. And not so many div 1 teams being religated.
Rangers move to Masters? or sandbag it out one more year since the new div 2 will be alot weeker?
Maybe we should start a new thread just for Religation /Promotion . As this year will be alot of movement.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So guys..any of you top 5 teams given any thought as far as promotion goes?
The way I see it..Top 4 move up and 5th place Div 1 plays 9th place Premier.(promo/Reli game)
Rangers finnally move up?...Cause it will be div 1 now that there is a new Premier division.
Or stay down in the new div 2.
Lots of the old div 2, teams moveing up to fill the holes. And not so many div 1 teams being religated.
Rangers move to Masters? or sandbag it out one more year since the new div 2 will be alot weeker?
Maybe we should start a new thread just for Religation /Promotion . As this year will be alot of movement.

Im not sure if there is a promo/relegation game this year. This is what I got from FVSL.com

Premier
1st Place team wins Premier Division Trophy
Top 3 teams qualify for NEW BC Premier League
QUALIFIERS for Provincial Cup - TBA
Last Place team (10th) Relegated to Division 1

Division 1
1st Place team wins Division 1 Trophy
1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place teams Promoted to Premier
Bottom 3 teams Relegated to Div 2

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still.. that means alot of div 2 teams to be promoted? ..7 maybe or 9 if they go back to 20 teams?
I think they wont religate any and promote 6 to make 20 in div 1..Just my guess.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have 12 teams in D1. Easy, problem solved.

Agreed. Take the opportunity now to stop the watering down. If the new BCPL league is to fly, the league will need to support it w/ tallent. Making Div. 1 more competitive will be the best way of supporting a competitive Premier.

That said, changing the names of the divisions will probably piss too many people off that see themselves as "1st division" players, and not "2nd division" players.

Oh well.

Otherwise, I'm indifferent.

And busy.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Take the opportunity now to stop the watering down. If the new BCPL league is to fly, the league will need to support it w/ tallent. Making Div. 1 more competitive will be the best way of supporting a competitive Premier.

That said, changing the names of the divisions will probably piss too many people off that see themselves as "1st division" players, and not "2nd division" players.

Oh well.

Otherwise, I'm indifferent.

And busy.

You will however get the response from the league that D1 is competitive as ever with the current format. I submitted a proposal to even just switch it to 1A and 1B, with A being the top 10 teams in D1 and B having to earn promotion into A before going to Premier (obviously more to it than what I've posted). That way all the players couldn't be pissed off and still be happy playing in D1 like Dude alluded to. But like I said, shot down from the first e-mail.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all this, the single biggest moan will be in the "name" of the division. Teams will object loudly to being re-classified a tier lower. Pretty sure most could care less about how many where, especially if they are on the silver platter plan.

Just you watch.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do like the Idea of less teams in div 1..I also like the way it is now..No matter which, its hard to qualify for Premier. As for the name changes ..they wont change the names....but they should...If your in the 3rd level down your in the 3rd level down period. Call it what it is, Like on the Island VISL. 3rd level down is not Div 1. But div 2...
But if it makes you feel like a better player or team..then call it what you like. Your only fooling yourself. And it does sound better when your asking your girl to come out and watch...LOL

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top half of Div 1 is stronger than it has been in years. Not so much the bottom. I like the idea of shrinking in down to make it more competitive. You have to promote the div 2 winners so top of each group go up, 6 div 1 teams come down. I think this is a great start and see how it works.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
except that 12 teams doesn't work out for a rounded out schedule with parity about home/away etc unless the division goes to a 22 week schedule, or a re-format after each team has played each other once and then you do a spit sched ala the Scottish Premier League.

Each team plays 11 games (every team once) first through 6th play each other once afterwards and 7-12 play each other once... then the teams at the bottom and top of the break line have competitive games too...

If you wanted to push real hard for competitiveness you could also allow for that extra week or two of playoffs for aspiring but just below the watermark D2 teams to challenge D1 teams at the bottom, but out of relegation zone for their spot... but that would never fly with the entitlement crowd, and I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0