Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps want into the Super League? I'd think they'd HAVE to be above and beyond those that qualify for VMSL, FVSL, and VISL in league play.

Abby certainly wants into BC Prem, last I heard.

Caps can't be allowed to just stroll in from D1 taking a spot of a prem team. That'd be ridiculous.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so you guys are aware, I highly doubt that the Caps would ever put their "Prospects" into the BCPL... It would be their reserves.

The League(s) the Whitecaps play in are in a state of dismay right now as neither the USL or the new NASL have been granted sanctioning by the USSF. Therefore this looks to me like they would put their B team in this BCPL. With a worst case scenario of the "a" team barnstorming and playing in the Canadian Nutrilite Champions League (Only a guarantee of 6 games before the Concacaf Champions League with only 1 of the three teams advancing.)

I certainly wouldn't want to be in the FVSL D1 or Premier division with their "B" Team, the BCPL is a logical place to play if the caps dig their heels in with the rest of the breakaway USL owners and remove their organization from the PDL (Also owned and run by the same schmucks that have plagued the USL For years)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree with Regs that the BCPL is the best Winter league for the Whatever Caps team...But they have 2 (jr)teams. I think the Caps are just going to regroup and figuar things out this year. They are in quite a spot. No league for any of their teams. A world cup year I might add...Not good for soccer as this is a hype year.

I dont know how this would work ,But there is talk over at the CSL league that Montreal and Vancouver and another team to be named have be talking ,just talking about how it would work if the teams named above were to join the CSL.
I cant see that happening as the CSL has no travel budget for teams comeing to Vancouver.
Montreal could fit in there for a season or 2 but Vancouver ....not likely.

Here is a question..Can the NASL play a season without US soccer affiliation?
Could the NASL seek CSA affiliation instead of American?

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse?

Other than the bottom 3 teams in the FVSL premier, what is going on with the division this year? Last year seemed a alot stronger. Peace Arch near the bottom, Abby up top? Port Moody coming up from D1 and sitting mid table? Port Moody has always had a solid bunch but their system relies heavily on players signed low and moving all over the place. Does their club have a whack of new players because although they are strong throughout, I cant see them having a good enough side to go BCPL. Have you heard if the BCPL will allow call ups from the FVSL or VMSL teams?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well your guess is as good as mine on what happened to PAU...Same guys just a little older. They did lose a couple of key guys to masters i heard but picked up Kukichi a solid Japanese player who I thought looked great. Tak and Horv are still there...They are way better than the points they have . I think the rest of the teams have improved. Abby usually starts slow and then when the collage guys come back are strong..But again I think the younger guys holding the fort are getting older and better. langley is still Langley and my prediction is (with an easyer schedule games remaining) will squeeze into 3rd. The Abby / Langley game to come will tell all. Moody is younger faster and works harder than any other team. They come at you from all sides full speed till the end. If you play them at home you have a tougher time as they do have an advantage playing on the cement patch. It really is hard to adjust to the surface as we found out. Moody is the club of the future. They have more young talent than any. They also have young Champions U21 Provincials If my memory is correct. So not this year but real soon Moody is for real.
Moody is also getting new turf on that pitch this summer and another gravel field around the corner is being turfed. Bob has done a great job over there.
Callups to the BCPL from what i heard but dont quote me on this one because I do believe this is still being discussed. will be allowed from within Club and Cat systems.
You would think they would have too because of the needing of players for travel for away games.
I personally dont think Premier is weeker ,I think it has improved and that is why you see some of the changeing of the guard.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK…I apologize in advance for being a grammar Nazi here…but it is spelled “college”. Not collage. Collage is like a random collection of photos all grouped together in one frame or something.

“College” is a word used to describe a post secondary institution where kids go to learn, amongst other very important things, how to spell words like college.

Otherwise, please carry on being off topic.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB is everything ok? U seem down the last couple months. U ar not happy person no more..

KNVB i say a prayer for u.

In your next life i hope u come back as a pair of Megan Fox's underwear so u can experience happiness again.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I very much do. It is just that...every time I read one of your very insightful posts about teams and their players, it always seems that the team is either waiting on or has recruited a bunch of artistic compositions of materials and objects pasted over some surfaces.

You can see how I'm confused, much like JBN's inability to recognize a SirM piss-take.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB is everything ok? U seem down the last couple months. U ar not happy person no more..

KNVB i say a prayer for u.

In your next life i hope u come back as a pair of Megan Fox's underwear so u can experience happiness again.
Yeah, sorry Polska, my bad. I have been in the dumps lately... I didn't get into collage because my college wasn't good enough.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps have dropped out of the PCSL because the new super league is where they will get (1) the best competition; and (2) the best marketing opportunity for the whole organization.

If the Caps change their minds (again) the FVSL apparently will take applications for one of the super league spots - Sentinel, are you listening?
I actually LOL'd on this one, haha!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did the bottom half of your B button break?

Back on top - Rangers are a collection of bawbags and will stay in Div 1 even if they win promotion. Again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVP and Dude . Please stop useing big words. I have troubles reading too.
So do the rest of us when we come across one of your posts.

Who the fcuk is KNVP?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I wait around all day to see if you ever realize you are having the piss taken out of you from the get-go.

Whitecaps in the super league?

Fcuking windup you are.

:knvb:

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok i havent been on here for a while: can someone please explain what the heck happened to the dfc razorbacks? why all the red cards on nov 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0