Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel more stupid reading all this raquet about those ****ing whitecaps

having said that i'll walk into a swathe of critisism by confessing that we handed a win to the Surrey Coyotes tonight...I must handle my words politely of why and how this happened....without offending my own club, or the integrity of the players that did put a good effort tonight...

but over beers after....the one point that did come up a number of times basically says...that...playing the hardest working starting 11, is a lot different than the most talented starting 11, we obviously got it wrong tonight.

And why not blame the ref for the loss just to create some excuse factor! but that second goal....on player bearing in on three defenders ....passes off to a player sitting goalside of all the them, and with me...the goalie...5 yardsquare of him for the one touch and in. SICK OFFSIDE. But as we talked about..calling that with that short asian ref seeing the line from the changerooms or some shite is near impossible.

And a second yellow to our player for not shaking the refs hand tonight?! no shite...what a way to add insult to injury

get it out of our systems...work hard this week and see how we fair vs langley next weekend. Hope you all had good times...lost of goal all round tonight it seams!

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we handed a win to the Surrey Coyotes

Thanks for the hand! :bronco: Although it didn't sound like you handed it to us at half time when your players were shouting at each other

especially the "why are numbers 12 and 5 open all the time"... and yes; i was open; all the time :wa:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 6-1 Razorbacks

I figured they would show up at the park with about 10 guys after all the red cards but they had 17 or more guys at the game. Must have quite a large roster. We went up 3-0 after 10-15 minutes and it was pretty well over after that. The ref was well, it was a good thing the game was out of hand because it didn't matter, so we just let it be. Enjoyed the BBQ after the victory.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of you were....we mixed in a few guys that are oozing in skill but it's no doubt obvious that only a handful of guys were working to do anything about your attack.

The yelling was evident of that....if I had of been playing half back and I see guys walking around waiting for the next clearance to materialize...I'd be yelling too! Unfortunately what yelling there was fell upon deaf ears of others.

You guys moved the ball around well...better than I expected to see, and again not trying to show disrespect...you're guys first goal was a gift and a half.....the second, he was 5 yards offside...

I'm glad we lost...get it out of our system, make things right. But in the second half...no doubt I had no view of whether that rocket of a shot went in off the bar....but that indeed was a beaut..we managed to complete the mess with a couple attempts to head in the rebound.

Good luck next week.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 6-1 Razorbacks

I figured they would show up at the park with about 10 guys after all the red cards but they had 17 or more guys at the game. Must have quite a large roster. We went up 3-0 after 10-15 minutes and it was pretty well over after that. The ref was well, it was a good thing the game was out of hand because it didn't matter, so we just let it be. Enjoyed the BBQ after the victory.
Must have been some bbq in that weather! We chose earls....warmer and a bit of a view.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
fowlerisgod good game last night. we got lucky on the first goal but your goal shouldn't have counted as your forward shoved our defender from behind with both hands and then took the original shot which lead to the goal not to take anything away from that shot, it was a cracker. our second goal was not offside and you and your teammates need to look at the FIFA LOTG. as long as that final pass is going backwards or in a straight line its not offside. one of your guys on the sideline was tryin to explain to me that anytime an attacker is behind all defenders any pass made is offside. but i will enjoy the 3 points and prepare ourselves for the rangers next week.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2 - SFC Rangers 0

Good game, at least on our part. We worked hard and full credit to all my guys for their efforts. Everyone got into the game and made a contribution. Rangers went down to 10 men at some point in the 2nd half, and also got a handfull of yellows for yapping at a very stern, European official. He was very good, but VERY by-the-fifa-rules type guy.

We got a yellow card for subbing an injured player off, the new player got a yellow for entering the field.... This official was really by the book.. but to be fair maybe the FVSL needs more of that... Makes us all act more professional.
His communication could have been a tad better, wouldn't tell the rangers how much time was left, and didn't always clearly indicate who had the throw or corner/goal kick. Otherwise, great to have a new face in the center of the park..

--------------------------

A Good TWU / ATHLETICS result as well guys, move the Athletics into the top 3? or so. The final 5-6 games should be excellent in the top half of the division.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
fowlerisgod good game last night. we got lucky on the first goal but your goal shouldn't have counted as your forward shoved our defender from behind with both hands and then took the original shot which lead to the goal not to take anything away from that shot, it was a cracker. our second goal was not offside and you and your teammates need to look at the FIFA LOTG. as long as that final pass is going backwards or in a straight line its not offside. one of your guys on the sideline was tryin to explain to me that anytime an attacker is behind all defenders any pass made is offside. but i will enjoy the 3 points and prepare ourselves for the rangers next week.
Can't comment on the pushing etc on our goal, But I certainly can say that when the pass is made from the 18...almost exactly, and it's recieved by a player square to the penalty spot, it's offside. Pretty simple. And the last defender was making the tackle on your passer at the 18....

Langley....that Euro ref is something else. the calls are one thing...but the way he managed the situation when we had an injured player was rubbish. seems you guys had a similar incident.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't comment on the pushing etc on our goal, But I certainly can say that when the pass is made from the 18...almost exactly, and it's recieved by a player square to the penalty spot, it's offside. Pretty simple. And the last defender was making the tackle on your passer at the 18....

Langley....that Euro ref is something else. the calls are one thing...but the way he managed the situation when we had an injured player was rubbish. seems you guys had a similar incident.
oh well its over with, good game and good luck next week.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2 - SFC Rangers 0

Good game, at least on our part. We worked hard and full credit to all my guys for their efforts. Everyone got into the game and made a contribution. Rangers went down to 10 men at some point in the 2nd half, and also got a handfull of yellows for yapping at a very stern, European official. He was very good, but VERY by-the-fifa-rules type guy.

We got a yellow card for subbing an injured player off, the new player got a yellow for entering the field.... This official was really by the book.. but to be fair maybe the FVSL needs more of that... Makes us all act more professional.
His communication could have been a tad better, wouldn't tell the rangers how much time was left, and didn't always clearly indicate who had the throw or corner/goal kick. Otherwise, great to have a new face in the center of the park..

--------------------------

A Good TWU / ATHLETICS result as well guys, move the Athletics into the top 3? or so. The final 5-6 games should be excellent in the top half of the division.

The reason that he is a "by the FIFA rules" type is because he is a FIFA-sort-of-guy. He was a FIFA referee in Macedonia before coming to Canada.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey that new ref from Macedonia is good..By the book. Keeps up with the play..doesnt know anyone so he calls it as he sees it and he takes no shti from anyone. We have had hin a few times and he has been awsome. Nice to see a new official in the league.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey that new ref from Macedonia is good..By the book. Keeps up with the play..doesnt know anyone so he calls it as he sees it and he takes no shti from anyone. We have had hin a few times and he has been awsome. Nice to see a new official in the league.

This guy is a major douche bag. He gives out yellows like they are candy. He obviously doesn't understand that players accumulate cards and doesn't need to show a yellow for stupid tackles and subs. He told me to make subs at the half line so I did and he gave 2 yellows for players going onto the field before the exiting player was off it. What a Joke. He never said for the player to wait, I know this is done in professional soccer but come on this is amateur soccer. It would be completly fine if these rules were enforced and the league and every ref followed them. But we all know this isn't the case. This guy needs to go back to Macedonia or learn his role. He is there to make the calls not try and change the way the league is run. he doesn't explain calls and speaks way to low.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see a new official in the league.

I agree.

I sent him a good referee performance report, would have him again any time..

Westcoast, why didn't you learn after the 1st player got a yellow? The official explained himself pre-game completely. Subs at center, wait till players are off field.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost 5-2 to the Gunners this weekend, a LOT of rust to shake off. We actually started quite well however and should have ended the half up 2-0 but twice we decided to gift them goals. The second half was a different story altogether. Only having 11 sucked, and we ran out of gas big time, 7:30 starts in Port Moody do not bode well for getting players out. They just kept running and we had to push and they punished us for it. Should be getting a bunch of guys back from injury this week, so hopefully we'll be able to get back on track against the Selects this Friday.

Scouser14

Jan 11, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub are you kidding me?? A good report?? He was horrible, I couldn't believe some of the calls that were made out there. Yellow cards for subbing on? Yes it may be the rule but we also dont have a fourth official holding up a board with the number of the player going off. Almost as good as letting their forward go into a 50-50 challenge with our keeper even though he knew the player was offside and he was just waiting for him to touch the ball!!! Not telling anyone how long was left in the game or weather it was a goal kick or corner.........no excuse for our performance, we could of had 3 refs out there and we still would have been shite.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.

Westcoast, why didn't you learn after the 1st player got a yellow? The official explained himself pre-game completely. Subs at center, wait till players are off field.

Also agree Sub!

Explained it to us begining of the game. Figure it out! We liked him and would take him anytime. Besides who cares if we wont tell you the time. Its a 90 minute. Keep a watch on your sideline!

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree.

Sub,
Westcoast does not play for the Rangers.

As for the game, Dynamo out worked us by a large margin and apparantly wanted to win more.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub are you kidding me?? A good report?? He was horrible, I couldn't believe some of the calls that were made out there. Yellow cards for subbing on? Yes it may be the rule but we also dont have a fourth official holding up a board with the number of the player going off. Almost as good as letting their forward go into a 50-50 challenge with our keeper even though he knew the player was offside and he was just waiting for him to touch the ball!!! Not telling anyone how long was left in the game or weather it was a goal kick or corner.........no excuse for our performance, we could of had 3 refs out there and we still would have been shite.

No doubt. He would wait for the player to touch the ball till he called offside. The player is making a ball at the ball call him offside not wait till he plays it. Guys in this league aren't not going to go after the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0