Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well it looked like there was about 30 of them on the field at one time if that answers your question . . . they spread the field really well, every player is involved in everything going forward

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow strikers lose by 5 goals, and from the sounds of it you guys aren't making excuses saying you played poor. whitecaps must be a very good team. sounds like they may have a good shot at promotion, although i believe the strikers do too. Don't worry brett you guys will bounce back.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well we didnt play good thats for sure . . . once they went up 4 ta 2 we pretty much gave up it seemed like then took sum dumb fouls n a red n they scored their last 3 in the last 15 min

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow strikers lose by 5 goals, and from the sounds of it you guys aren't making excuses saying you played poor. whitecaps must be a very good team. sounds like they may have a good shot at promotion, although i believe the strikers do too. Don't worry brett you guys will bounce back.

I'm not sure that even if we played well (like we did against Rangers) we would have beaten them. Like rookie 7 says, it seems like they have 20 on the pitch, they all move off the ball so well and they all know what the other is going to do. Then at half they put another 11 fresh guys on to run you out even more. Good on PAU for somehow beating them, we were not worthy :D

Injury-Prone

Sep 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
we had one hell of a game and were lucky enough to have most of our team healthy (unlike now). We sucked up their pressure for the first half keeping them shooting from 25+ and then scored on our first real chance. They do sub a lot and never stop running but i think our goal made them fold mentally because the second came a lot easier. If they get up they fly, the key is to frustrate them early... which isn't really easy to do.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Holy fack. Why would you believe the strikers have a good chance at promotion. Like why??!! One good game out of four and they allow 7 against! Any team that allows 7 has no chance at promotion. ZERO. You guys need to pull Stall's pennis out of your mouth cause it's affecting your brain function.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch Selects 2 - 0 Coyotes. We didn't play too well but took it to them a bit early on and went up 1 - 0. We then folded into a defensive shell second half and just absorbed most of their pressure nicely. They had two glorious chances in the game but couldn't finish. We had two good chances and finished both. Could have gone either way. We need to start moving the ball around more and not panicking if we have any hope of finishing top 5 or 6.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch Selects 2 - 0 Coyotes. We didn't play too well but took it to them a bit early on and went up 1 - 0. We then folded into a defensive shell second half and just absorbed most of their pressure nicely. They had two glorious chances in the game but couldn't finish. We had two good chances and finished both. Could have gone either way. We need to start moving the ball around more and not panicking if we have any hope of finishing top 5 or 6.

Any team that can only generate 2 chances against the Coyotes has no chance of finishing top 5 or 6. ZERO.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team that can only generate 2 chances against the Coyotes has no chance of finishing top 5 or 6. ZERO.

Agreed! We had a few more actually, just finished our best two is what I was trying to say. Anyway, you lose the right to talk smack when you allow 7. Oh look, we're ahead of you in the standings now!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure that even if we played well (like we did against Rangers) we would have beaten them.

You deserved the win, but in no way was it because you guys played well.
We stunk for the first 45 minutes and found ourselves down 2-1.
You were the better of the teams on the day, which isn't saying much.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed! We had a few more actually, just finished our best two is what I was trying to say. Anyway, you lose the right to talk smack when you allow 7. Oh look, we're ahead of you in the standings now!

Look at who we've played (and still have the same points). The best team you've played is the Dynamo (and caught them at a good time), who sit in 10th. We've played 3 of the top teams in the division plus Stolo, and we're still tied on points.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look at who we've played (and still have the same points). The best team you've played is the Dynamo (and caught them at a good time), who sit in 10th. We've played 3 of the top teams in the division plus Stolo, and we're still tied on points.

We have a game in hand numbnuts.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,
lets see if you can bounce back against Sentinel next week, I hear they are pretty good

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually Langley is tied for 6th with a game in hand on you, which puts them ahead of you as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,
lets see if you can bounce back against Sentinel next week, I hear they are pretty good

We'll have our work cut out for us. We're hoping we can get some help from the lower div's as we're down to 2 D with suspensions and injuries. Or some guys will be playing way out of position.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll have our work cut out for us. We're hoping we can get some help from the lower div's as we're down to 2 D with suspensions and injuries. Or some guys will be playing way out of position.

Weren't you guys plagued by injuries last year about this time of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0