Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't say my name, it stepchild!:rolleyes: and the score of 4-0 is all that needs to be said.
Z, I think its stallions poor attempt at ttp'ing us.........and you just bit :eek: Must still be tired from the weekend at your cabin.
Bit of a jumble in the standing this year, could be an interesting race to the end. Anyone played at trinity this year, is it turf or grass?
willoughby turf yes...excellent turf to play one....won't get rug burn from those late sliding tackles!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are already in trouble this weekend, as we really don't have a goalie. Can't even benefit from the club system, as every SFC team but 1 plays Saturday at 6, 7, or 8. Hopefully the Caps can help us out as we saw what happened without a goalie last weekend.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, as a spectator watching your last game against the Whitecaps, I felt your "sub" in goalie was the only reason it wasn't 15-2. He made some great saves, especially in close. He did everything a goalie needed to do and didn't look at all uncomfortable,

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, as a spectator watching your last game against the Whitecaps, I felt your "sub" in goalie was the only reason it wasn't 15-2. He made some great saves, especially in close. He did everything a goalie needed to do and didn't look at all uncomfortable,

Seriously? Don't get me wrong, he's a good goalie, but not when he hasn't seen a pitch in 3 months, and just finished a 10 hour graveyard and came straight to the field. Maybe it's because I'm used to him not tripping over his own feet or being in good position to catch crosses that I thought it was awful. That being said we didn't give him much help either :eek:

Either way, I haven't heard from the D2 Caps yet so I'm beginning to get skeptical on actually having a keeper this weekend.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously? Don't get me wrong, he's a good goalie, but not when he hasn't seen a pitch in 3 months, and just finished a 10 hour graveyard and came straight to the field. Maybe it's because I'm used to him not tripping over his own feet or being in good position to catch crosses that I thought it was awful. That being said we didn't give him much help either :eek:

Either way, I haven't heard from the D2 Caps yet so I'm beginning to get skeptical on actually having a keeper this weekend.

you should play in goal..... problem solved

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the Poco v Whitecaps game last night. The Whitecaps do want toplay soccer, they had some great ball movement. They weren't dominating but I think 10-12 of their payers are 16 years old. If that is true that is really impressive. I don't care that it is Div 1 valley, those 'kids' are playing against grown men and competing well along with playing nice soccer. Grade 10 - WTF, I expect some of those players are going to be really good.

I think the final was 3-2 Caps, I left when it was 2-2 but I think I heard a goal from the parking lot.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is the story with the poco revolution game, 3-2 is a good score?
We had them....we were up 1...they replied with a penalty, and as much as they liked to dance they didn't offer much on net...We went up 2-1 with a nice crack on a loose ball inside the 18. Then they replied with two reasonably weak goals...our team maybe lost intensity...and they took advantage with speed and counter. But....they are absolutely beatable. They dive, and are easily muscled off the ball....if they don't slip around you first.

Note....They played two keepers...both the size of our little sisters...and both were week on balls into the box...I think both our goals were off of attempts to catch and bungled up. Our size in the box was a huge reason we scored a pair...so for the bigger clubs....Just keep swinging them in...and don't be shy to give the odd knock on them.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Art- I'm impressed w/ the gaggle of young guys that make up the new look Athletic. Over the past 4 seasons, the Gunners have owned us. Yesterday I realized it was because we were simply too old...too many of us hanging on till 35. There were 4 of us Masters last night that played; our minutes were managed, and I tell you, it is so much nicer coming in for 20-30 minutes and knowing that will be all your time. I think we mix in a nice level of experience to help reign in the youthfull exuberance. Karl from Masters scored 1, and Deano played his first game outside keeper in over a year up front, and contributed. I actually had some dangerous moments and felt good too. Sure helps having the young support there to help make those plays.

I bet Div. 1 and Masters would both be way better off w/ the age back at 30, but I digress.

Gunners up 1-0 about 20. Athletic tie at about 35.

Through the end of the 1st and most of the way through the 2nd, I felt we were the better team. Athletic went up 2-1 midway throough the 2nd, and Gunners got one back w/ about 10 to go.

Fair result. Nice to finally leave the Pomo hardwood w/ a point.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps really do play nice footy. They are quick and move the ball well, but are easily intimidated. A few hard tackles had many of the young'uns shying away. Having said that, Poco had to play absolutely outstanding to come out with a result, which unfortunately didn't happen as the Caps fitness and speed was really factor late. Poco simply ran out of gas.

Goal of the match was the full volley crack by Joe Weeks to put Poco up 2-1 midway through the second half. Too bad it couldn't hold up.:(

A message to the Caps players. Overall, you guys played very well and competed hard. However, there was a couple of meat heads who started showboating - even during a scoreless game. In one instance, when a Caps player beat a Poco player along the sidelines, he shouted "Whoo hoo!!!" while the play was still going. He's lucky that was a "peaceful" player he beat. Had it not been, he would have been throttled.

Older guys have enough trouble with 16 or 17 year olds beating them. But when "kids" starting TTPing them too, it could get ugly. That won't be tolerated. Please learn how to win well. It's an important lesson.:cool:

And yes, you will win quite a few.

oldmanmonkeywhocouldhavebeenplayinghisownkids:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0