Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - September '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
hows the dfc cat team looking. if your not gonna be playing many premier players will you guys be able to compete?? With a premier squad thats gonna be in tough this year. what can one expect from the cat team??

The CAT team will compete. We're not out to win the CAT division. It is where the young guys we brought in can learn to play, and some of the guys who were asked to step down will play. If you don't perform at the premier level, or are coming back from injury, you play CAT. We might take some lumpings, but I doubt it. We lost 1-0 to Poco CAT in a game we should have won. 2 cross bars, one off the keepers face and a couple of nice save from him as well. They had 3 shots on net, and one of them was a defensive error that resulted in the goal. We had 2 premier players in that game, that's all. We'll be alright.

Our main focus this year is not getting relegated from premier. If that means not fielding the best team possible for CAT, then so be it. I think our team will be competitive even if we don't bring down premier players. I guess we'll just have to wait until this weekend to see how we compete in our first match against GEU.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How different does GEU look this year... I have heard lots of talk about people changing joining and moving but what is the story? Same sort of team as last season or a whole new look...??

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious trapper,
Where are the ex-GEU guys playing? Or are they only playing college ball right now?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Michel Plantini said:
How different does GEU look this year... I have heard lots of talk about people changing joining and moving but what is the story? Same sort of team as last season or a whole new look...??

Not even close. I think we have 4-5 returning players from last year and 1 is coming from injury. The rest are new faces to the team.
Personally i think we've improved but only results will tell.

We're looking to regain the league title again..........even though it doesn't mean squat.
:)

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
We're looking to regain the league title again..........even though it doesn't mean squat.
:)

Similar to the way you went undefeated after Christmas last season? or is this aspiration/lofty goal ;) something you really believe?

Where did you dig up all these players? BK's Div one squad?

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Curious trapper,
Where are the ex-GEU guys playing? Or are they only playing college ball right now?

I think Scotty is playing college, Liam is playing on CAT and premier. Patrick (a guy your premier/CAT program cut) is playing CAT. I might say I can't believe you cut this kid. Great heart and good skill and he's very young, just how rex likes 'em. :D Definately will help us out. Your loss. I can't remember any more of them off the top of my head. Who else did we poach from you guys? We also have 2 guys playing for Douglas that won't be back until their season is over. But we lost one player for the season in our CAT game against Poco. Ruptured achilles. Ouch!!! Went under the knife last week.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trapper,
I think Pat was a great player, he played a few games with us last year on CAT and i was impressed but i don't know the reason he was cut. Possibly because he didn't make tryouts or we were already set for his position. Only the coaches would know.
Others poached would be possibly others from UCFV, Kelly, Jonathon, and another kid. 3 guys i haven't seen at our practices. Also i think the young Alex kid as well.
See ya Saturday

Michel,
The new players came from the Black Knights mostly.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
Patrick (a guy your premier/CAT program cut) is playing CAT. I might say I can't believe you cut this kid. Great heart QUOTE]

thers's no doubt that paddy should have been with us and i hold my hands up on that one he was on my list to retain but i let him go because our div 1 team was short of quality at that time and the coach would prefer a guy he knew so i said take paddy then the next thing i knew he had been cut and gone and it was too late for me to talk to him and get him back
right now cat is his level but in a year or two and with good develpoment he will be playing prem without doubt

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked with kelly this weekend, and he has just moved down from kelowna and will be attending practice this up comming tuesday. He is not playing for UCFV this year and is looking to get back on the pitch, so hopefully it all works out and he gets his spot back with the CAT.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Trapper,
I think Pat was a great player, he played a few games with us last year on CAT and i was impressed but i don't know the reason he was cut. Possibly because he didn't make tryouts or we were already set for his position. Only the coaches would know.
Others poached would be possibly others from UCFV, Kelly, Jonathon, and another kid. 3 guys i haven't seen at our practices. Also i think the young Alex kid as well.
See ya Saturday

Pat is a good player who does need to develop a bit more, but he will be playing premier by the end of the year. He has performed very well for us so far. A little adjusting to the pace of play and the physical nature of mens ball and he'll be fine. Jonathon might be one of them. Rex was talking to me the other day about a guy named Jonathon. He's in college right now I think. The Alex we have played in the Metro Ford system last year I believe. Or a two years ago. I know he is playing with Douglas right now. So we'll get him back in a bit. Another kid named Aaron is playing with Douglas as well. We got a few kids that came up from U-18 as well. Don't know if the were from the GEU club or the Alouette system. They will be very good players in a year or so. Maybe if they adjust, even this year they'll be up.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, we played well together today except the first 10 minutes of each half. We gave up an early one as our mid didn't get back to mark up, but he made up for it with a PK a few minutes later to tie it up, then completed the hat trick later.

Good opening to the season.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 0-4 Delta

Obviously not the greatest game for us, but there are alot of new faces, so things could change.

Don't know if we played like it was a 4-0 game, but that was the final so we have take it and learn from it.

Delta was young once again, and worked hard, and should push for the top of the div.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs ND

Delta's definitely got a good young team, should do very well for themselves this season.

Looked to be anyone's game in the 1st, with Delta scoring the only goal late in the half. But then we slowly fell apart in the 2nd and the rest is history. Nothing that can't be easily fixed though, looking forward to the rest of the season.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
peace arch 2
chilliwack 1

didn't see the game as both our cat and premier teams played at 10am(ridiculous...) but from what i've heard the wack missed a slew of opportunities and could have been up a few at half...

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sikh United 2 - LUFC 1

Good result to start the season.......we started off well, with a couple of chances and got one early off a great shot. The pace of the match was quite slow and both teams were not as fit as they would like to be. Second half we got one more 5 mins in on an own goal as the defender deflected a cross in. We sat back after that and Langley controlled the rest of the half.....and were rewarded on a dangerous long throw ....and they had a lot of those through out the second half. Langley keeps made two phenominal saves to keep the score close.....Langley poured it on but we held on and did enough good things to take it.

I know LFC was not pleased, but I'm glad our squad gave him his first loss of the year.....made my week :D :knvb: He should have kept the blunt object flashing superstar Dude on his team instead of letting him pinch asses in Div 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0