Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - September '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month,
New season,
New thread.
As with last season, i'll be creating a new thread each month for banter and bs and results and here's the first for the 2005-6 season.

I'd like to make some predictions as to whose going to win the first weeks games but we still have no idea whose playing who and where?

Looks like ttp'ers are starting to come out of the woodwork now as the season approaches and everyones getting excited about the upcoming season.
Not sure why since GEU is going to crush everyone.
:)

Anyone have any new info for this coming season?
Any teams changing fields or game times?
I think we'll be having 12:00 games on sundays were as last year we played at 2:00.
Anyone else changing?

Good luck to all this season and let the pisstaking begin, i mean continue.

Yoda

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
New month,
New season,
New thread.
As with last season, i'll be creating a new thread each month for banter and bs and results and here's the first for the 2005-6 season.

I'd like to make some predictions as to whose going to win the first weeks games but we still have no idea whose playing who and where?

Looks like ttp'ers are starting to come out of the woodwork now as the season approaches and everyones getting excited about the upcoming season.
Not sure why since GEU is going to crush everyone.

Anyone have any new info for this coming season?
Any teams changing fields or game times?
I think we'll be having 12:00 games on sundays were as last year we played at 2:00.
Anyone else changing?

Good luck to all this season and let the pisstaking begin, i mean continue.

Yoda

Yoda you play at 2pm on Hammond New

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Yoda you play at 2pm on Hammond New

i hope not i booked 12 noon at new hammond as i cant make 2 pm regular so if its not noon there a good chance i wont be there :mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluebird said:
i hope not i booked 12 noon at new hammond as i cant make 2 pm regular so if its not noon there a good chance i wont be there :mad:

So that means some games we'll win and some we'll lose then.
I'm not saying which is which.
;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluebird said:

Wolves have noon at hammond new.....cat 2pm.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - September '05 (Edited)

I thought the MWSL was bad for only posting the first 2 weeks but FVSL has released only the first weeks matchups on the FVSL website.

Here's your matchups.

Sat - Dewdney FC vs GEU United - Pitt Meadows Athletic - 12 noon
Sun - Delta Metro vs North Delta - John Oliver Park - 12 noon
Sun - GN Sporting Club vs LUFC United - Frost Road - 2:15 PM
Sun - Poco City vs Whalley - Gates #1 - 12 noon
Sun - Peace Arch vs Chilliwack - South Surrey Athletic Park - 10:00

I've started a MOTW (Match of the Week) thread if you want to vote and discuss.

[FVSL CAT] Week 1 MOTW

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Crafty. It's been updated.
Nice to see you back.
Any info on your club this season? New signing etc? You've been awefully silent in the off season. Are you hiding something?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Nah he's just been pissed up since the Hammers won promotion and he's finally started to sober up :rolleyes:

Very nice to be back in the Premiership that's for sure. Hopefully we don't do a Palace and come right back down.

It has been an interesting preseason with Delta Metro this year thus far. A few key players back from the VMSL for our Premier team with some quality additions too from within the Club for both CAT and Premier. Lots of acquisitions from North Delta, Ladner and Tasawassen youth groups to add to our U-21 and CAT programs.

No big surprises to report. Bit of a transition in the coaching department with our CAT and Premier coaches from last year working together as we run both programs as one.

Looking forward to the season starting next weekend.

Cheers

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those interested in the future, the second weeks schedule is up.
North Delta vs GN
GEU vs. Delta Metro
Chilliwack vs. Dewdney
LUFC vs Poco
Whalley vs. PAU

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time Changes!!!!

We had talked about it at Tuesday's practice and it's now happened.
Looks like Dewdney is having a problem with numbers as they've switched thier premier and CAT games around.
Premier is now at noon and PDD (CAT) at 2:15.
I am assuming this is because they want the players who are double shifting to not be burnt out after the CAT game.

PS: Franchise, next weeks home game is at 12:00 not 2:00. Wouldn't want you to show up at the wrong time.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Time Changes!!!!

Yoda said:
Looks like Dewdney is having a problem with numbers as they've switched thier premier and CAT games around.
I am assuming this is because they want the players who are double shifting to not be burnt out after the CAT game.

PS: Franchise, next weeks home game is at 12:00 not 2:00. Wouldn't want you to show up at the wrong time.

We play on different weeks at home....it was Rieu who told me you guys play at 2pm.......

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Time Changes!!!!

Yoda said:

Actually, we wanted our CAT team to play after our premier team. Not because of numbers, we have enough bodies, but because we wanted the guys who dressed for the premier game and didn't play to get into the CAT game. There will be games where some of the callups, or the regular premier players don't get on the field. This way they can go for a good run with the CAT team. The guys were happy with this, as they will all get some playing time now. Instead of dressing for the premier team, not playing, then going home with a chip on your shoulder over it. We will have very few getting time in both games. Maybe 1 or 2 guys, if that.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow,
Something coming from the Dewdney camp that actually makes sense.
I'm impressed.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hows the dfc cat team looking. if your not gonna be playing many premier players will you guys be able to compete?? With a premier squad thats gonna be in tough this year. what can one expect from the cat team??

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch. Good one Yoda.

I'm suprised other teams don't do this. It really makes sense. The CAT team is really an extension of the premier team. Why they would play at the same time, or before the premier team didn't make sense to us. We didn't want 2 seperate teams, we want 1 team where anyone can step into their position and play. No matter what team they are signed with. Whether it's with the top team or the CAT team. Both teams train together and play the same system (aka. jungle ball). Why should the guys who don't get into the premier game go home without getting a workout? Our only other choice would have been to have them play on different days. But that's asking guys to give us every weekend which isn't fair to everyone. Not everyone lives and breathes soccer like rex. This way will hopefully work out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0