Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob's total

I believe he may have 1 or 2, although he keeps telling me that he has sooooooooo many chances.

:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 2 - PAU 1

To start off with the weather was horrible. Wind gusts of probably 40-60KMH at times and consistantly blowing to the North Goal, add the rain and the temp and it really sucked. PAU won the Toss and gave us the wind advantage for the 1st half.

I feel Langley dominated the 1st half, wind aided at times. Hauser slipped through for 2 breakaways, one shot directly at the keeper the other stopped by the keeper. Our numbers were a little slim today with Dude sitting a suspension and some bodies being dedicated to the Premier match, however the guys we had played hard and got a good run.

1st half saw our Dustin Obrien slot a breakaway goal behind the keeper....nicely placed. 1-Nil Langley.

When we changed sides, so did the momentum and PAU came at us full force. They had to have had over a dozen scoring chances, a couple hit crossbars the rest our Keeper (ROMAN) stopped. The Kid made some amazing saves to keep us in the game. In particular when he got a hand on a cracker and knocked it over the bar and another in a scramble where he challenged the shooter and stopped the shot, then got a hand on a sitter-rebound from about 6 yards out while laying on the ground. Well Done.

PAU inevitably scored with all that pressure and our guys backed into the 18 for the rest of the game. Rikki (Sweeper) had a hard time clearing the ball as even the best kick would curl back and land inside the 18 but he rallied the guys well on the back line... We could not kick the ball more than 25 Yards with that wind, both in the air or on the ground.

With about 5 to go, and on one of our only two chances in the half, Dustin Obrien scored his second of the match on a great header.

PAU Deserved more in the 2nd but our guys came up big keeping the ball out of the net.

Next up PAYBACK vs. SUFC for our poor performance a few weeks back.

MOTM: Brian Roman
NOT The MOTM: Mr. Referee (You PAU Wanker)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Class Act

I also wanted to mention the most classless act I have seen all season. (I didn't want to post it in my game review, because it had little to do with the players).

We arrived early to the PAU game and placed our gear, bags, cooler etc and our guys on the EAST side the the pitch. We used the change rooms to get ready and returned to find PAU on the our side setting up a Tent/Awning and all their gear. The rules state that Home team (PAU) gets the choice so I packed up all our gear and moved to the other sideline. With only 5 minutes before kick off, after the Ref had performed cleat checks etc the PAU wankers decide they want our side and ask the ref to make us move (I figure this is because some idiot set up their awning in 60km winds and it blew away on them). I asked the ref how they can do this with only a couple minutes to kick off he refused to discuss it. We spent the remaining warm up time moving all our gear.

Thanks Alot.

Thanks for the 7/9 Points this season as well.....

Pinturicchio

Dec 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Grumpy,
That was not our tent. Direct your rage towards the people who deserve it. I saw that tent flying across our field and thought that you guys were being a bit optimistic thinking it would stay there... Maybe it was a team that did not play in our match!?

ps what was the deal with that fat crossbar?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TENT-ative

Originally posted by Pinturicchio
Hey Grumpy,
That was not our tent.

ps what was the deal with that fat crossbar?

The issue wasn't with the tent, it was with changing sides.

The Crossbar was inflated to 60PSI...and it helped.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2, PAU 1

Hard faught battle today Cat boys! Well done, especially Dustin, for equalizing on his two opportunities. Travis- you went out in style w/ that red in the final two minutes!:D You really improved your play from your first game to today, and were very valuable in the end. Good luck in Ontario.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco/Aldergrove

Heard that Poco blew a game against Aldergrove today.
3-1.
Anyone from Poco want to elaborate on this shocking result?

:eek:

Corporate_Inquest

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice win Langley!!!

A great take today Langley.:wa: Peace Arch put on a good fight, sorry your little mind games didnt work 5 mins to game time. We really didnt like that side of the field anyways. The wind added a good twist to the game. I was reminded of the first Matrix movie the way that Bryan R. was using his "Special Powers" to move that that cross bar were he needed it to be. I think at times he even had control of the weather. Good work Bryan. Thank Mike for the great cross to help me put away the winner. There was some nice checks cashed today, but most the ref decided werent very nice. A good effort for everyone today, i hope we can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco/Aldergrove

Originally posted by Yoda
Heard that Poco blew a game against Aldergrove today.
3-1.
Anyone from Poco want to elaborate on this shocking result?

:eek:

Watched the first half when Poco was up 1-0. Wind was brutal (no excuse). Second half, I saw the equalizer. Nice crack from approx. 25 yards. Was warming up for our game during the last two Aldergrove goals. Heard the last one was chipped over our keeper. What I do know is that Poco relaxed in the second half.

P.S. It's good to see Hitler alive and well as the man in black. I think I even saw Eva Braun on the sidelines.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU - SUFC PPD

Originally posted by Big T
due to Strawbery Hill being in shite condition and closed two weeks in a row.

Our coach said someone was playing on it on Saturday though?
Apparently not totally closed

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: GEU - SUFC PPD

Originally posted by Yoda
Our coach said someone was playing on it on Saturday though?
Apparently not totally closed

You know that maybe true and thats probably why the field is in such shambles. I think some teams don't take the closure seriously....for us we want our home field to stay in good shape and abide by the rules. I know that last weekend it was closed and it was sunny all week prior to the weekend. The pitch should not have been played on Sat with all the rain.... it was already a mud hole. Thanks to the assholes that used it, now it will likely lead to more closures in the future. :mad: I was looking forward to the match and was disappointed that it wasn't rescheduled to some other park:(

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Langley numptys, complainining about the change of sides. I do not know what kind of crack you guys smoke before games but it was not our tent being set up why would we bring a tent when we have nicely constructed chagerooms for our gear. The home team gets the choice of sidelines end of story you would think that the last time they were at our field they would of known obout what sidelines we prefer. Just like when we show up at a field before the other team I do not assume anything until the home team arrives. I hoped you liked the change rooms, at least we extended you that courtesy and hitting the bar half dozen times. All and all shite weather shite game from both sides.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't play, but here's my view...

Blah blah, fcuking blah.

I love it how guys will bring up cross bars, missed chances, etc., after the game as if they actually deserved to win. Here's a fact: we bottled as many or more glorious opportunities to burry you in the first as you had in the second to climb back in.

Shitty conditions, but hard fought both ways. On to next week.

Corporate_Inquest

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So....

So i guess you guys must have arrived 5 minutes to game time?

P.S.

Thanks for the 7 points you gave us being on that side of the field. We should have know the luck that side had. Maybe you should try something different. I’m done with this bickering. Have a good season.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0