Euro 2020

dutch13

Est
Feb 5, 2007
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not too into it. I would assume the economic benefit of hosting the tournament to a region or single country would outweigh the costs, something a potential host would consider prior to making a bid. I think having 45 countries hosting it would create a mess for scheduling, could create bias's in some teams randomly getting home field advantage, while other games drawing few fans - 2 small countries playing in an equally and uninterested small countries stadium. The idea of small countries building a "national stadium" for the opportunity to host 1 or 2 possible matches without knowing the quality of sides playing appears to be even more of a risk than preparing for the entire tournament.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Mar 22, 2007
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Article is from Dec.6th 2012 :). There are numerous cities hosting though, they are: Amsterdam, Baku (Azerbaijan), Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome and St.Petersburg.

Rangerforever

Better Bastard
Est
Sep 5, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the thread title is still very much appropriate. :)

Just being efficient here and not trying to stack up on my new thread points. :rolleyes: :D

Buckfast wants us to stay in Bilbao as a base and just jet around the continent for matches. :cool:

Even if Scotland don't make it. ;)