Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008 Qualifying...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
again, after the game and I have mellowed I will have to change my tune a bit.

I'm still upset at the shocking decision at the end against Hutton. At the time (all things considered) the game was destined for 1-1, beauty of a goal off a free kick that never should have been given.

The deserving team won considering all the poor calls all the way around, both ways, all game.

Congrats Italy, sad as I ever have been that the French are going...they are going to get humped this summer unless Domenench is sent packing.

shot ourselves in the foot in Georgia.

c'mon Holland.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course they should be; Di Natale's goal was not offside Ferguson's was!

Of course nobody remembers that, they just want to talk about the divers and cheaters. Get over it the better team won on the day.

Also how did Scotland play Italy off the park? The World Champions are up 1-0 away from home, with a win being enough, do you expect the Italians to open up an trade chances. They play to their strengths which is defending.

If you cant beat Georgia you dont deserve to be in the Finals!

FORZA ITALIA

Right. And tying the mighty Lithuania solidifies your ranking as World Cup Champions. Give your head a fcuking shake mate.

Gutted about the game. Terrible start, but proud to see how we responded. Our time is coming. Congrats to Italy who always seem to get it done. Not easy winning at Hampden these days.

On to South Africa. Still the people!

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright now that the emotions have calmed down a little can someone explain this call to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a shocking call.....in fact if anything it was a foul on the Italian.

Here's another question.......who was attempting to mark the guy who scored the header? :confused: That was almost as bad as the call......Remember now......Barry was clearly offside on the Scotland goal...........

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember now......Barry was clearly offside on the Scotland goal...........

Well said Alikira! Steve1234 can you explain how Di Natale was offside? Hmm selective memory I see!

Even if Italy doesnt score that second goal, a draw would have only delayed Scottish heartbreak until Wednesday, so get over it.

On a side note fantastic new kit for the Azzurri!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
does the new kit come complete with parachutes for all the long tumbles we'll see in Austria and Switzerland too?

well done for Big Eck to keep his heid following the match, it would have been easy to come out and absolutely belt the officiating that was RANK BOTH WAYS all game.

Unfortunately for us the worst call came at the worst time, and the Azzuri scored a masterpiece (except for the lack of marking)

no matter, another positive to draw on is that we will be a second pot team in the draw for the WC qualifications...and not get stuck with another group of death, oh to be in the group the Engerlanders got...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmmmmmm... well it's been awhile for me... great result for Italia in Scotland, although tbh, I was pulling for the draw. Anything to make the French suffer would have been worth it.

Yes, definitely a foul on Chiellini at the end there, but as has been said many times... if Di Natalie's goal doesn't get called back, it's 2-0 at half and game over.

So it looks to be a tremendous Euro with all the big teams basically through.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
steve1234 said:
Alright now that the emotions have calmed down a little can someone explain this call to me.

Poor decision but not surprising by a Spanish officiating crew. Funny though, that challenge in the VMSL or FVSL ?? You'd have 100 people screaming at you if it wasn't called. Seriously .........

However as stated numerous times, Fergusion should have been called offside and Di Natale's goal should have stood. Unlucky Scotland.

zenga said:
On a side note fantastic new kit for the Azzurri!

Does that mean we'll be seeing this kit at Nations Cup ?? :D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impartial observer. Can see no call on that play (shoulders) or a call for Scotland...but how does it EVER go for Italy there?

Regardless of who was the better team, offside goals, onside goals - that's been discussed to death - HOW does that call go against Scotland???

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No call? Are you high!?
He is not level with Hutton when he barges him off the ball, he comes from a less than perpendicular angle, makes no attempt whatsoever at the ball and falls himself he ran into Hutton so hard.

shoulders ma arse

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No call? Are you high!?
He is not level with Hutton when he barges him off the ball, he comes from a less than perpendicular angle, makes no attempt whatsoever at the ball and falls himself he ran into Hutton so hard.

shoulders ma arse

Not high thanks. My point is that if the ref had called nothing there I would have thought 'that's weird' but I wouldn't have freaked out over it. The fact the call went against Scotland is what is baffling. Think about it: you're a ref and you see that happen. Hmm...let's call that against Scotland!

Is he getting paid? Logic does not explain a call like that being made when it is so blatantly the other way...or no call at all ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Initially when I was shaking on my couch because I was so mad I instantly thought damn Italians and their match fixing again. The game obviosuly didn't go that way the entire game, just the end, kind of like Platini and Blatter winked at the ref at the end of the game, they wouldn't want to have to force the french to win away in Ukraine would they? ;)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to be too bias here, but it still looks to me like Camoranesi handled that ball before Di Natale scored it. Have another look. On a side note; what a fcuking save from Gordon just prior to it.

We could go on and on about disgusting calls for both teams. We could even discuss why the original German referee was dropped 2 weeks before the game for the Spanish plonker. While we're at it, let's discuss the phantom foul on Pirlo at the top of his own 18......(are you kidding?) that stopped a 2 on 1.
Point is, it was a great game marred by dodgy refereeing. But for the love of God; give Scotland a BIT OF FCUKING CREDIT HERE!!!!
We took it to the wire in a group we were given no chance in.

I feel gutted about the last call because it was the easiest call to make. The others in the heat of the game, speed and numerous bodies around could have made it tough to call. So please do me the favour of not saying, 'remember Barry's goal was offside'. Fair enough but I guarantee you until you feel what Scotland is feeling, you'll never know the feeling of being robbed.

Zenga, touch of class mate. 'Would only have delayed Scottish heartbreak 'til Wednesday'?? Not once have you even given credit where credit is due. Yes, you're right though....nice kit:rolleyes: How typically Italian. 9 pairs of gloves and a toque all sighted in one game......and you want to take note of your new kit????:eek:

We'll be back. Make no mistake about it. Whatever it takes, wherever it takes us.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DBear,

Shouldn't you be praising the Spanish official on the far side? First taking away a legit goal and then allowing one that shouldn't have counted. As said earlier, without those two terrible decisions, the match is done at the half. If Scotland had pulled out the win, the Italians would have had the fair shout for a "fix".

Scotland were the surprise of the group, no doubt. Unlucky for them that the Trapattoni era set up such a tough grouping. I'm still not sold on Donadoni either, but the talent is there, so we'll see come this summer.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DBear,

Shouldn't you be praising the Spanish official on the far side? First taking away a legit goal and then allowing one that shouldn't have counted. As said earlier, without those two terrible decisions, the match is done at the half. If Scotland had pulled out the win, the Italians would have had the fair shout for a "fix".

Scotland were the surprise of the group, no doubt. Unlucky for them that the Trapattoni era set up such a tough grouping. I'm still not sold on Donadoni either, but the talent is there, so we'll see come this summer.

Like I said, the last bad call was the easiest to make. I am not in the slightest bit interested in talking about 'fixed' matches. I would rather stay naive. I would also ask you to have another look at Camoranesi's handling off the ball to control the ball before the 'legit' goal was scored.
It was said before that the game would have been done at the half given those 2 calls, but we would have had 45 minutes to get back, wouldn't we??

What chance did we have(besides the brutal defending on the header) of getting back a horrendous call in the 91st minute???? Are you beginning to see the point??

Walks, Zambrotta's handball in the box at the 15th minute mark? What's your take on that? Certainly looked like a penalty to me.......even had a few Italians(who would have thought?) say they got away with one.

So luch, 3 bad calls....2-1 at half time......?

Could argue this for eternity but we deserved better. Plain and simple.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DB, at the end of the day morale victories mean nothing. The Italians did what they had to do to win. Italy is in an Scotland is out. Live with it!

Your grasping at straws here saying that was a peno on Zambrotta.

I want you to have a look at Scotlands goal again, and tell me if you think that wasn't offside.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DB, at the end of the day morale victories mean nothing. The Italians did what they had to do to win. Italy is in an Scotland is out. Live with it!

You're starting to get on my tits!

Yes, and I gave my congratulations to Italy....even if they had a wee bit of help.

I'm living with it mate.....it fcuking hurts, but I'm living with it. Now go and try your nice new Azzurri kit on:rolleyes:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your grasping at straws here saying that was a peno on Zambrotta.

I want you to have a look at Scotlands goal again, and tell me if you think that wasn't offside.

Of course you'd say I'm grasping at straws. That is the class that you are. Wee Barry was offside.....I don't dispute that.

You have obviously missed my point Zenga.....another shocker! If you think morale victories mean nothing, go to Scotland and tell the 5 million people that. You'll change your mind.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think morale victories mean nothing, go to Scotland and tell the 5 million people that. You'll change your mind.

Agreed...all the Scots I've spoken with are very excited about this team in years to come. Maybe get those 5 million people to each put $100 in a hat and pay the ref more than Italy did next time :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0