Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008 Qualifying...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
even if they had a wee bit of help.

you're forgetting that Italy only needed a draw... they didn't need any help really... now let's not forget that it should have been 2-0 within the first 5 if Camo doesn't shank from the top of the six.

Now go and try your nice new Azzurri kit on:rolleyes:

Btw, I'm loving the new away kit... can't wait to the unveiling of the new home ones.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With respect to Bazza'a goal, I actually disagree with the Captain saying that he was offside when the first shot was hit.
And Walks too - Fcuk You. :D
If you watch the replay, IMHO he is onside when the strike is hit.
He then moves into an offside position as Buffon makes the save and then finishes it.
Is he off or is he on?
He moves into the space after the ball goes past the last line of defenders.
I think some would argue he is on at that point.
I'm being as honest as I can here when I watch that replay.

With respect to the hand ball issue on Italy, again, the way I personally see it is it's not a peno.
Weak sauce.
He clearly tries to put his chest to the ball and has his arm stapled to his side.
It sort of hits his chest/shoulder/arm area.
I believe the new rule is if it hits a player's arm or hand when the player did not mean to do so the ref now has discretion to make the call or not if he thinks it was deliberate.

Trust me, Winnipeg Italia milked that rule when we were at the Westerns.
They were cheating fcuking I-Tie Cnuts. ;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin Bear said:
Walks, Zambrotta's handball in the box at the 15th minute mark? What's your take on that?

At first glance mate, I thought it was a penalty but after seeing it a few hundred times, I'd have a hard time giving it - Honestly, I thought the defender just tried to get infront of the ball and block it - arms were tucked in tight and there was no deliberate attempt to play it with his arms / hands. Tough one though .......... On another day and certainly with another official, you may have got it.

We'll be back. Make no mistake about it. Whatever it takes, wherever it takes us.

Mate, that is top notch .......... love the positive attitude and truly hope that Scotland gets into the next World Cup. I wish more Nations around the world had this in them (including the English). It's easy to be negative and slam refereeing, tactics, the players performances, coaching decisions but this says it all ........ it's all about getting behind your team. Well said ......

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were cheating fcuking I-Tie Cnuts. ;)

DB you talk about my class!

RF/Bandcamp was Di Natale offside? How much was that lino payed hmmm, calling one good goal offside and one offside goal good.

I guess all Scottish supporters forget Italia had a good goal called back.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF/Bandcamp was Di Natale offside? How much was that lino payed hmmm, calling one good goal offside and one offside goal good.

Zenga - I already stated that all of the calls before 'the call' were close and at pace so I can see how they were missed or called the wrong way. We could argue them all day and as an impartial observer I don't care to. Congrats to Italy for taking the win. The last one is so blatant that I expect foul play. That's all. Can you explain it????

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga - The 'cheating' bit was a poke at Winnipeg Italia, hence the wink ;).
I'm having a laugh eh? :D

And, no, I haven't forgotten about Italy's goal disallowed.
If you read my very first post, I congratulated Italy and in the end thought result was just.
No? :confused:

I'm just offering my two bits, objectively, on a couple of the points addressed on Bazza'a goal and I thought I could argue he was on. (Possibly)
I also said that any reference to an Italian hand ball call for us would have been lame.

Not whining at all man.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga - The 'cheating' bit was a poke at Winnipeg Italia, hence the wink ;).
I'm having a laugh eh? :D

And, no, I haven't forgotten about Italy's goal disallowed.
If you read my very first post, I congratulated Italy and in the end thought result was just.
No? :confused:

I'm just offering my two bits, objectively, on a couple of the points addressed on Bazza'a goal and I thought I could argue he was on. (Possibly)
I also said that any reference to an Italian hand ball call for us would have been lame.

Not whining at all man.

Well said RF.

Now what is the bottom line ;)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're forgetting that Italy only needed a draw... they didn't need any help really... now let's not forget that it should have been 2-0 within the first 5 if Camo doesn't shank from the top of the six.

Great. Some more insightful genius to respond to. Tell me Luch, what the daffy duck has bad refereeing got to do with Camoranesi's shank over the crossbar? Were you hoping for a phantom penalty?

Pay attention. No-one has mentioned Faddy's miss with 9 minutes left. Why? Refer to the first paragraph:rolleyes:

Don't hurt yourself.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great. Some more insightful genius to respond to. Tell me Luch, what the daffy duck has bad refereeing got to do with Camoranesi's shank over the crossbar? Were you hoping for a phantom penalty?

Pay attention. No-one has mentioned Faddy's miss with 9 minutes left. Why? Refer to the first paragraph:rolleyes:

Don't hurt yourself.

Let's make one thing clear. Scotland would have NEVER come back from 2-0 down... be it Camo's miss or the phantom offside, no matter how much time they had to recover. So, the "bad reffing" favored Scotland more than Italy.

Take your morale victory and enjoy. I'm sure Engerland will enjoy your support.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well to all my Scottish and Irish friends here, we'll all be pulling for our boys to give the Limey's their exit visas out of Euro 2008. Sorry Walks! :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0