Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008 Qualifying...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stunning insight from Wolfgang & Polska :rolleyes:

Now, not only is my day ruined but the summer of 2008 is as well .......... first time in a long time the English & the Scots can all hang out on the beaches in Spain & Portugal together. Awesome :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I thought Germany was where comedy went to die ......... I stand corrected :rolleyes:

now that is truly funny.

honestly, I was truly surprised to not hear that Andorra weren't awarded a peno after the red card...mibee there is no comspiracy after all...at least not against the Engerlish.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia is shaping themselves in to quite the Giant Killers,

Great record against Italy over the last long while, now england...

It took a good, not great, effort by brazil at the world Cup, and Now eduardo and luka modric look like class replacements for Prso and the midfielder who's name is escaping me at the moment.

Will be an interesting summer,

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're welcome my Tartan brothers,

Thank you very much!! Takes a little bit of the bitter taste away from Scotland not making it. :)

Sorry Walks;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest, I don't think England deserved a better fate today. Tactics were a mess, player selection and performance were a shambles for the most part. Croatia played more "sexy" than I would have thought with nothing on the line....well nothing except for sending the Limey's packing (no offence Walks, you know I love you ;)) Any reason Hargreaves didn't see the pitch??

:bronco:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead posting?!? It has been awhile..

Typical England falling short when they needed to be clutch. McClaren won't survive this. As Bronco stated formation was a mess, tactics were all wrong, utterly gutted by the result. Crouch plays upfront on his own, giving England little going forward. Whatever you may think of Beckham, how does he not start? You need all the experience you can get in a big match like this, and you leave him on the bench? So when he finally does come on, he is playing catchup to get used to the pace of the game. Lastly, how do you play Scott Carson? In all honesty it doesn't surprise me he let in a soft one. First it was James in Austria, then Robinson in Croatia, now the youngin' Carson at home, gutted :(

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much agreed Bronco ......... We were extremely lucky to pull back to 2-2 but showed fantastic character in doing so.

Scott Carson will be gutted about this for a long, long time ........ he had a fcuking nightmare today and as per the usual, will be villified in the English press. Just saw this on soccernet.com :

The youngster, plunged into the biggest game of his life in place of Paul Robinson, just five days after his international debut in Austria, could not have endured a more miserable evening, letting Niko Kranjcar's hopeful 25-yard effort slip through his fingers and into his own goal with just eight minutes on the clock.

It was the kind of error that would have had a park keeper wishing the ground would open up and swallow him. On this stage, at this level, there is simply no excuse. Not the rain. Not a swerving ball. Nothing.

I also think he dealt (or did not deal) with Petric's goal well at all. Very poor reaction and a goal that should also have been prevented.

On the day, we weren't good enough and not having the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Owen and one or two others available for selection really hurt us. As Bronco said, the tactics were shocking and the team selection poor, etc., etc., etc. McLaren will get sacked in the morning (or soon thereafter) and I'd say that Becks has played his last game for the Three Lions. Where the fcuk did I put my pint ?? :(

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont' know what to say.... except....... Nah i won't go there.

Great win for Croatia!!! To beat England in Zagreb was sweet, but to win at Wembley is even Sweeter(spelling)!!!

I watched the game with a bunch of English people as i wasn't close to the Croat Centre. I must say they treated me nicely!!!

As for the game: The pitch was horrible. Did the miami/giants game a few weeks back really take a toll on it or what?? Englands strategy - horrendous!!! How do you not play becks or why are u playing a 4-5-1?? WTF? Croatia played the whole game like they normally would. Even when we were 2 nil up, there were no subs for defenders or there was no sitting back. When England tied it, they went back to playing for the point and that's it, while we made subs for our forwards with forwards!!

The PK i felt wasn't a PK, as did soem of the englishmen in the place with me. Becks cross to Crouch was a beauty as was the finish. Best comment i heard in the pub was when petric came in and they laughed at teh commentator saying "Petric has scored 6 goals for Croatia, all against Andorra". Then teh one guy goes "haha $#$$ing guy can only score against Andorra". Then 5 min's later...... bam!!!! Petric scores.... brought a tear to my eye!!! :D

First place in the group!!! (Draws against Russia twice, and Loss to Macedonia). Great qualifying campaign. Hope to see a good result in Austria/Switzerland.

Zovi, Samo Zovi, Svi ce Sokolovi, Za te zivot dati!!! Idemo Dalje!!!! Mi Hrvati!!!! :knvb::bronco:

PS We diddn't play that well either!!! We are a much better team than what was out there today!!!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stunning insight from Wolfgang & Polska :rolleyes:

Now, not only is my day ruined but the summer of 2008 is as well .......... first time in a long time the English & the Scots can all hang out on the beaches in Spain & Portugal together. Awesome :rolleyes:

i am an english fan. this is good for england and thier chances in 2010. ;)

some body mark my words. remember i said this..

cheers
Polska

:confused:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where you been hiding wee man? Elections at the Lodge? ;)

There she is. Thanks for the flowers, Love. Unnecessary, but a better option than you waiting in my close. A wee bit difficult to explain to the missus without revealing your status.

Call me!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There she is. Thanks for the flowers, Love. Unnecessary, but a better option than you waiting in my close. A wee bit difficult to explain to the missus without revealing your status.

Call me!

PS Why is your pic ( tanned and buff on the boat ) on our friends facebook profile page? Lawsuit?

Call me!

Sorry Regs, Scots were robbed

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0