Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Early World Cup 2002 Predictions

Who will win the 2002 World Cup?

• France

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Argentina

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Brazil

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • England

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Croatia

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Japan or South Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB, are you just dumb or stupid. You fcuknuts always say Italians live in the past but you and the rest of your ball polishers always talk about the past. Either make up your mind or shut your hole. Croatia is the shits , always been the shits and always we'll be the shits. That covers past, present and Future.:eek:

Italia, Viva Italia

Pylon

Nov 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Bronco
So what you're saying is that after 1982 Italy hasn't won fcuk all. We've been to 1 WC and finished 3rd. How many WC's has Italy been to. (and only won 1 that counts) FCUKING DUMB WOPS!!!!!

:confused:

The WOPS may be ****ing dumb, but you are definitely, undeniabley, and without a doubt, a lot ****ing dumber!

Italy's recent record:
1968 - 1st in European Championship
1970 - 2nd in World Cup
1978 - 4th in World Cup
1980 - 4th in European Championship
1982 - 1st in World Cup
1984 - 3rd in European Championship
1990 - 3rd in World Cup
1994 - 2nd in World Cup
1998 - top 8 in World Cup
2000 - 2nd in European Championship

Also, their loss in World Cup 1998 came when they took the champions (France) to penalties without conceding a goal. In Euro 2K, they lost on a somewhat contraversial "extended" game.

Hmm, so they've had a 1st, 2 2nds, and 1 3rd, 1 4th, and 1 top 8 in the last 8 World Cups. Oh, and they've also won the World cup twice more in the past, as well as winning the Olymics once.

That's some shitty World record, huh???? :rolleyes:

Pylon

Nov 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my humble, yet extremely biased, opinion.

France is aging a bit, but they are probably still the best team in the world. Incredible depth.

Brazil had a rough qualification, but when it comes time to deliver, they're definitely a favourite.

Argentina, usually a good side, has incredible potential for this tournament. It's scary enough that they have Batistuta up front, but having Crespo to cover is even scarrier. Then there's Simeone, Veron, and Ortega, to name a few.

Italy is always in there, and appear to have a fairly strong young side.

England seems to be showing some form, but I'm not convinced they have the strength of the the other old timers.

Germany has been schizo - but you can never count out the Germans.

I know there are some other teams with great potential (i.e. Croatia, Slovenia, Nigeria, etc.), but I prefer to leave them out for sake of discussion.

Now, if you review the draws and games very closely, I believe Italy has one of the best, if not the best, chance of making it to the finals. France, Brazil, Argentina, and England will always be on the other side of the groupings. The strongest "old team" that Italy could see is Germany.

If the Italian coach can actually do something useful for the team, and some of their key players (like Vierri) can stay healthy, I give Italy a great chance of going to the finals.

On the other side, a year ago I would have said France, but Argentina has been impressive. They are similar to France - a great midfield with great front-runners. Hard one to decide, but if I had to give a nod, it would be to France.

One thing I'd like to hear about is what everyone things about the player(s) that will shine? Figo? Zidane? Raul? Veron? Totti? Enquiring minds want to know.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of months from now...

Figo? He's a very talented player and will basically carry Portugal on his back through this tournament. If he's injured or less than 100%, it will be a short tournament for the Portuguese. They'll make the second round for sure though.

Zidane? He has a strong team around him and France would do well without him. I think he peaked as soccer player last year and I'm hoping France has as well....they've just won too much in the last 3 1/2 years.

Raul? He's a good goal scorer and has a solid team behind him. I just have the feeling that Spain will end up as they did in past World Cups. I predict Raul scores 4.

Veron? Has a very strong team around him. He will be the creative force for which the Argies will count on making those perfect passes and setting up scoring chances. Possable Golden Boot candidate, but he'll have to play better than he has with Man U lately.

Totti? Who?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their are a lot of English here on TTP, yet thay have been very fairly quiet since the draw.

Personally I don't think the Argies are invincable...Englands main concern (the Argies also) may be that they may spend too much energy thinking about Argentina, that they will forget that Sweden and Nigeria could finish the top two in the group, Boy would Fastshow be pissed then...

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweden and Nigeria

CDK,

I don't think we(the English)are quiet but quietly optimistic:cool: I take your point about Sweden and Nigeria in qualifying their goals against was very low but with low class opponents.

But Nigeria are Olympic/African Champs and will expect to go along way but Sweden could surprise both England and Argentina.

This group especially, you could pick any two for the next round. There will be definitely no prisoners in this group.

Croatia could upset a few and Italy will both advance.
I think Pylon has layed it out quite nicely;)

hedKandi

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said limey

no body is talking about sweden they have alot of quality players, playing on quality clubs around Europe, except Larsen he plays in Scotland and Jimmy Holiday can be top scorer there.

CDK,

"Totti who"?

come on man when you captain your team to the scudetto you must be a good player oh I forgot no Croatian has won the scudetto or hade made a cotribution to winning it.

Cro out first round like A out of the Cups first round.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the ITALS

With Fillipo Inzaghi being out for maybe more than 3 months, could that open the door for Roby Baggio to once again shine for the Azzurri?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
baggio

if and when trap picks baggio. That just makes a good team that much better who has better fowards than us.

Vieri,Totti, BAGGIO, Del Piero, Del Vechio and the list goes on.

four stars baby!!!!!!!!!

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dalla Pace, you're spouting off a lot for a guy who was given so much by Croatia A. We gave you an identity when your own WOPS didn't want you. You are a turn coat and an ungrateful degenerate. Don't ever come to our games or pretend you were ever a part of our organization!!!:mad:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
buddy

you dont think i know that why dont you read what said to cdk about how good of an organization it is now that i dont play i never come around to pretend buddy ok so think before you talk
you think i won the cups for you we had a good team back then alot better than it is now so take back your fcuking big words ok man i have alot of friends in the organiztion and hope i will for a long time and enjoyed every minute playing with you guys

fcuk am i suppose to cheers for the croats in the world cup because i played for you guys
settle down man

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No you're no supposed to cheer for the Croats, but a measure of respect ie: not slagging the guys you used to play for. PS: don't put too much weight into your contribution to those 3 Cup wins. We would have done it with or without you.:mad:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
buddy thats what i said man i resect the organization alot you know that or else i would have gone back to inter after the first year i only won two with you guys man never once said bad thing about the organization its needs some help now trust me i know im not the answer fcuk man i enjoyed the team and the players and your fans are excellent.

settle down

we had a few battles on the field but never off.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bronco gimme a fcuking break

without luca you guys havent done shite.. dennis is shite.. hes a big boy with no hands and hes always been shite..
anyways i'm off topic.. pork chops will go far in to the wc.. the wops will tooo until they face the pork chops:p :p england will make it to round 2 and i think croatia will too but i wouldnt count the other 2 teams out..

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
relax man

when i played there the team was very good had a solid defense and we wanted to win i watched one game and for me no passion for them now DK dont take it wrong man. its what see from the sidelines

bri dont be saying that about the team ok man!!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch yourselfs

Get back on topic! Although I like the intensity, do it somewhere else. This is the World Cup thread...GET IT!

Just acting like the Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0