Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Domenic Mobilio

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truly shocking. He was larger than life, but to meet and know him...he was the humblest of men. Tony...for every wonderful thing you had to say about your brother, he always had 2 things to say about you. He was an incredible person and an ambassador to the sport...we have lost a legend!

From my family and I, to Tony and his...our deepest heart filled condolences.

Sincerely,
Darren Nott

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
An absolute Tradgedy for the soccer world, and anyone who had the pleasure of meeting Domenic, which I did, or watching him fill the ol' onion bag!

My sincerest condolences to his Family and Friends.

MOBIIIIIIIIIIILIO!!!

striker14

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not quite sure even how to begin. I'm completely at a loss for words. I was one of the lucky ones who grew up playing with Dom and I have a lot of great memories of us during our Willingdon Cub years. As I read through these threads it is evident how Dom was respected and very well liked by all, not only as a soccer figure but as a great human being. He was pretty much the same character these days as he was as a kid, a very normal happy, humble guy. As well, I believe Dom on his way to greatness through his coaching as he did as a player. It's unbelievable how soo many people know him and love him. This is a testimony of his way with people, he accomplished quite a bit his his short 35 years here with us all. I'm glad I knew him and very sorry he is gone! God Bless you Dom!!!!

My deepest condolences to the Mobilio family,

Danny Has

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember going to games as a kid with my dad and domenic mobilio was all I could talk about. I especially remember every time he scored the crowd went silent then "thank you very much domenic mobilio." So one more time from everybody in BC soccer "thank you very much Domenic Mobilio" thanks for everything.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely tragic and gutting news .......

Dom was truly a class act on and off the field and will forever be a legend and an icon of the game he loved.

On behalf of the refereeing community in the Lower Mainland, we'd all like to express our deepest heart filled condolences to Tony and the rest of the Mobilio family.

Paul Walker

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obvious endless accolades for a truly great person. Was in a pub on Saturday afternoon and reminiscing about some funny times together and mentioning how I had not seen him since April....unbelievable news just hours after. Always humble in meeting people, and quick with a smile....even when the Scottish vs. Italians slags got out of hand.
I'll miss you Dom.

Tony and family, my deepest sympathies.

Johnny Brown

Steve Millar

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I sit here at home today, listening to my baby boy playing in his room, I think of all the things and values in life that I want to teach him. Although I can't teach him to be a "natural" goal scorer, I can teach him that no matter what he chooses to do, commit himself to the fullest, never cheat anybody, respect everyone he comes across, always remember his family and friends, and no matter how successful he becomes, remain as humble and genuine as he can. Domenic Mobilio possessed all these attributes and much more.

I had the extreme pleasure of playing with and against Domenic, and I know it has been said many times already, he was far and above the most natural goal scorer Canadian soccer has ever had. Like Rob Reed has mentioned, I, too, have and will always measure the level of strikers in our country and in our Metro league, using the standard Domenic has set. While playing against Domenic, you always were aware of where he was on the field, and if you ever let down your guard, you were going to hear the Swanguard faithful with their chant, "Thank you very much Domenic Mobilio". I finally got the chance to be a teammate of Domenic for two years with Vancouver, and I will never forget how he made me feel a part of that already established team right from the very first road trip. He made sure to call up my room and inform me of the plans for the evening. Domenic was truly magnetic, whether it was the young lads or the veteran players, he had a way about him that drew everyone towards him. A very classy teammate and leader. All too often you hear about how the great ones can bring the level of others around them up. Whether playing against or with Domenic, he always made you a better player. No matter if I was doing soccer schools or playing in a charity softball game at Hastings Park with Domenic, I was always amazed at how much fun he would have with the children, and how much joy they had with him. It was a very special gift he had.

Although I have had a very tough time trying to make sense of this tragic loss, I do know that once again, Domenic has touched my life, and helped me put things into perspective.

To the Mobilio family, my heartfelt condolences.

To Domenic, for being a great teammate and friend, you will never be forgotten.

Thank you very much Domenic Mobilio.

Sincerely,

Steve Millar

Delta Burks

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember the first time I met Domenic Mobilio. I was 12 years old and I asked him to sign my 86ers poster. What an honor that was for me! I went home from camp that day and put that poster up on my bedroom wall. Today I am 27 years old and have had the privilege of knowing Dom and playing for him and Tony as part of Coquitlam City F.C. in the Women's Premier League. Again, What an honor for me! It is evident from the responses I have read that Dom was responsible for bringing so much happiness into our lives. I will always respect and appreciate the fact that he was willing to share his vast knowledge of this game we all love so deeply. Dom always had the natural ability to make people feel welcome and put a smile across your face. He was caring, fun, generous, always concerned for others, inspiring, courageous, sincere, humble, easy on the eyes, passionate, elite, the greatest goal scorer many have ever seen, and these are just some of the words and phrases used to describe our Domenic. He was a true champion! For many the grief is still too close in our hearts, and on behalf of my teammates whom I know loved and cherished him also, I send my deepest sympathy's to Tony our beloved coach, and the whole Mobilio family, the Guzzo Family and the Pietramala Family. Our thought's and prayers are with you all!

As I shouted out, along with the masses, all those years ago in the stands of Swangard stadium, my first and last words to you Domenic Mobilio are one in the same,
"Thank you very much Domenic Mobilio!"

Sincerely,
Lynsey Burkinshaw # 17
Coquitlam City F.C.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just out of shear curiousity, is there any way we can put all these condolences into something for the Mobilio family behalf of the local soccer communities on FVSL, VMSL, MWSL represented here on TTP. I imagine a majority of these people will not be able to attend the service or know him well enough to.
Or would it not be fitting for the occasion? Or even just a note to the family post service.

Just thought since so many people have been on here, and even created new accounts just to post on here, that we could pass this on to the family. I'm sure Tony would understand and appreciate the thought.

Anyone agree/disagree? Regs?

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading all of the posts it seems to me that Dom was better person than he was
a player and that is saying something! Thank you Dom for all the great moments, you
won't be easily forgotten.

saint jr

Oct 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dom’s extraordinary appeal extended far beyond the football field. He was the epitome of a man with unique characteristics, and his joy for life transmitted to every corner of every room he ever stepped into. He was my roommate, my teammate, my friend and my ‘shopping cart’ tutor. The door to Club 415 may now be forever closed, but the memories it helped create will never be extinguished from my mind.

On behalf of my parents and my brother, I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Tony and the entire Mobilio family.

Respectfully,

Paul Shepherd

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard shortly after it happened and I kept waiting for someone to tell me it wasn't true.
What a shock.
I can't even imagine what the Mobilio's are going through right now. This is the worst kind of tragedy, to lose a son and a brother.
Dom was the first local player I ever emulated in practice or in the backyard and that speaks volumes, his talents and character stood out.

My deepest sympathies to Tony Mobs and the entire Mobilio family.

Sincerely,

Dino Bezic

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Just out of shear curiousity, is there any way we can put all these condolences into something for the Mobilio family behalf of the local soccer communities on FVSL, VMSL, MWSL represented here on TTP.

I think that is a FANTASTIC idea Yoda, and I think maybe a week after the service would be appropriate! Gives them a bit more time to heal!

striker14

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading all of the previous posts in this thread I must say I've had to step back and wipe a few tears away... This is truely shocking and terrible news no matter if he was your teammate, school mate, friend, brother, son, coach or acquantence...
The measure of a man isn't how much money he makes or the amount of success he has endured over his life, rather the out pouring of respect and compasion from his peers, loved ones and fans in passing... I have been a member on TTP for a few years and I have never seen soo many new accounts initiated out of the respect for one gentleman... It must be a great honour for Tony (AKA Jimmy Holiday) to call him brother... I'm certain the same to be said about Tony...
An unbelievable footballer with natural ability of making you feel welcome where ever you met him... I was lucky enough to be invited to his house this past summer and upon first meeting the man, I thought to myself all class... They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression and belive me Dominic made a great impression upon first meeting a half cut Guinness, a footballer he always looked up to!!!

RIP Domo

Sincerly, JC

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too sure how to say or what to say.SHOCKING news,yes!Vic's voice echoing in my head "mmmooobbbbbbiiiiillliiooooooo"!A man who i had the chance to meet.Words cannot describe how i feel reading the paper 2 days ago still in shock.QUALITY,RESPECTFULL,CLASSY,ELEGANT,...........
It seems like yesterday i saw you and the boys out at the roxy.To the mobilio family.As a family you will get through the tough times so stick together!!I hope this site shows you what a Big loss to the soccer community dom was.
To domenic Rest In Peace!!
Aleks and Gord
Lakovic

Superstar

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d like to extend my deepest sympathies to the Mobilio family. Tony, my thoughts are with you at this time.

Susie McKee

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you think of Canadian soccer, especially on the west coast you think of Domenic Mobilio and Vic Rauters call. A teriible tragedy to one of Canada's greastest players. My deepest condolences to the entire Mobilio family. RIP Domenic.

bertrum

WBW

Nov 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had the great opportunity to know Domenic when he played in Baltimore for the Blast. He was an amazing player on the field on the field but an even more amazing person off of it. He was like the son my parents never had; we always enjoyed having him around, having him share a part of his life with ours. He had a great sense of humor, was comfortable in any situation and had a heart of gold. My eyes are tearing up as I write this and picture his everpresent smile. He loved his family, he loved his friends, he loved his fans and he loved his game. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Domenic; he touched our lives in a special way and will always remain in our heart. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. And may God rest his soul.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0