Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 div 2 motw week 18

what is your MOTW

• Knights v WRU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YG's v Stolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamo v Nomads

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Marga v BCU

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yotes v Inter

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • SNOW takes all

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After hearing the verbal tongue lashing that the Nomads keeper was giving their players for 90 minutes, i would have thought they'd wake up during this one eventually, cup game or not.

Meh thats just how i always play. Extremely vocal and loud. Anyone whos played with me knows that. Nothing personal, just the way i control the shape of my defence and keep my head in the game. Ofd the field i am a very quiet person, honest haha

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 7 - 0 knights....they showed up with 12 and im almost 100% certain tbl used all 7 call ups. good game with some nice goals. even i got in on the scoring :). felt sorry for the few actual knights guys who were there, they were quite frustrated and it showed, but things were clean all throughout, a couple of hard challenges but really nothing doing. i really would have liked to play the knights team we played in october as they were a real challenge...on to temple masters next weekend in the bradner cup, should be a cracker of a game.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
marga 1 - 1 young guns .....fvsl has the match abandoned in the 90th. can someone from young guns confirm what happened?! if this is the story we clinch second place, a provincial spot and most importantly, promotion back up to the first division ! :D

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
marga 1 - 1 young guns .....fvsl has the match abandoned in the 90th. can someone from young guns confirm what happened?! if this is the story we clinch second place, a provincial spot and most importantly, promotion back up to the first division ! :D

Yes, do tell...does the game count in the standings.

Jimmy, doesn't #9 in div1 play #2 or does #2 get straight promotion

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, do tell...does the game count in the standings.Jimmy, doesn't #9 in div1 play #2 or does #2 get straight promotion

A playoff game would be the way to go but thats not how it is and 2nd is straight promotion. As it stands we'd be playing our div 1 team for that spot so I'm glad there isn't a playoff game. Still waiting to hear from the young guns what happened, Irish car bomb ? Anyone else care to elaborate ??

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was tied at 1-1 with 5 mins to go. One of the Marga guys decided to take a running punch during a YG corner, was rightly given his marching orders and then proceeded to start throwing more punches. Marga's bench and spectators then made their way onto the pitch and our interim coach was given a cheap shot from behind that luckily only grazed his head. Ref called the game when the YG should have rightfully been given a PK. To be fair we played shocking but still had more chances to kill off the game. To many green beers the day before!

A lot of cheap tactics from the Marga guys throughout the game (two-footed tackles, play acting, delaying turning on the flood lights etc.). Warned numerous times by the ref who could have handled the game better than he did.

Not sure yet what the outcome will be. Pending the ref's match report I think.

Credit to the YG's for not retaliating and to the Marga coach who intervened as best he could to cool down his players.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird precedent was set earlier in the year with a game being abandoned after 75 minutes (score was 2-1) and the league made them replay the last 15, so who knows if they'll make it official. You would think they would since it was the 90th minute. How one tie Marga in the first place? It should count as a loss as far as I'm concerned.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was tied at 1-1 with 5 mins to go. One of the Marga guys decided to take a running punch during a YG corner, was rightly given his marching orders and then proceeded to start throwing more punches. Marga's bench and spectators then made their way onto the pitch and our interim coach was given a cheap shot from behind that luckily only grazed his head. Ref called the game when the YG should have rightfully been given a PK. To be fair we played shocking but still had more chances to kill off the game. To many green beers the day before!A lot of cheap tactics from the Marga guys throughout the game (two-footed tackles, play acting, delaying turning on the flood lights etc.). Warned numerous times by the ref who could have handled the game better than he did.Not sure yet what the outcome will be. Pending the ref's match report I think.Credit to the YG's for not retaliating and to the Marga coach who intervened as best he could to cool down his players.
Yeah, I'm not surprised by that at all, when we played them the second time around, they spent a lot of time on the ground. At one point the ref was asking us to keep playing when their guys were asking us to kick the ball out... In your game, did the referee already signal for the pk or did he abandon the match before he could signal for the spot kick.... This outcome could decide how the season ends for the young guns, us, and even the dynamo who mathematically have a shot at a provincial spot if a 1-1 tie holds up and dynamo win their remaining games....will be interesting to see what happens indeed. It actually all comes down to the match officials report.......

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our team coulda beat Marga Drunk, nevermind hung... We managed 11-2 vs them in our two games against them this year, and IIRC the second game was 4-0 and guys all switched positions but we couldn't score in the second half because everyone in forward positions hadn't scored in years, except Stall- who just had an off night ;)

This will be interesting. If what Spickard says is true, and the YG's were about to be awarded a pk, but things got crazy the ref should have a set of stones and state that in the report, then replay the remaining 5 minutes of the game commencing with a YG's pk... because the league has time, fields allocations, and officials for that :rolleyes:

If this isn't reason to toss Marga from the league, or their going straight into D1 last season when teams like NC Blues, Vault (WRU B) and others are in lower divisions, and their shocking Youtube video that Yoda posted in the bradner cup thread isn't...what is? :wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I'm not surprised by that at all, when we played them the second time around, they spent a lot of time on the ground. At one point the ref was asking us to keep playing when their guys were asking us to kick the ball out... In your game, did the referee already signal for the pk or did he abandon the match before he could signal for the spot kick.... This outcome could decide how the season ends for the young guns, us, and even the dynamo who mathematically have a shot at a provincial spot if a 1-1 tie holds up and dynamo win their remaining games....will be interesting to see what happens indeed. It actually all comes down to the match officials report.......

If they replay the game the YG's will be out for blood and try to hit 20. Give them the tie or the three points and walk. The Dynamo still have to play the Yotes and Inter. Young Guns still have us to play. I reckon what you see is what you're gonna get at the end of the games played except for some potential jockeying for 4th, 5th, 6th with us, Dynamo, and Stolo.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our team coulda beat Marga Drunk, nevermind hung... We managed 11-2 vs them in our two games against them this year, and IIRC the second game was 4-0 and guys all switched positions but we couldn't score in the second half because everyone in forward positions hadn't scored in years, except Stall- who just had an off night ;)

This will be interesting. If what Spickard says is true, and the YG's were about to be awarded a pk, but things got crazy the ref should have a set of stones and state that in the report, then replay the remaining 5 minutes of the game commencing with a YG's pk... because the league has time, fields allocations, and officials for that :rolleyes:

If this isn't reason to toss Marga from the league, or their going straight into D1 last season when teams like NC Blues, Vault (WRU B) and others are in lower divisions, and their shocking Youtube video that Yoda posted in the bradner cup thread isn't...what is? :wa:

Just throw them in Div 4 there is plenty of div 3/4 teams that are much better.
But they do have great Youtube skills.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just throw them out of the league, they are garbage and shouldnt even be here.

In last year's fvsl's summer league game I caught a late, flying elbow to the face (15 stiches) and when I grabbed the guy right after he hit me their whole fcuking sideline rushed the field; including some old man who stabbed me with his umbrella-while my whole faced was covered in blood. I have also heard of other similar instances with this team. Fvsl, send a message and kick them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0